PDA

View Full Version : Charmed...

fire_Raven
January 11th, 2003, 04:45 PM
okay.. does anyone acctualy watch this? I used to, and i used to love it, but then they got into all the weird and hokey stuff and a friend of mine was charmed obsessed and "the spells really work! every time i use the lsot and found spell, i can find my cat... and she's normally in a palce she wasn't before..." i reply "did it ever occur to you that cats move?"

but yeah, i stoped watching it because she got annoying, and Cole started bugging me badly... they need to kill him off... and leave him off before i go to watch it again

Skye
January 11th, 2003, 04:49 PM
haven't seen it, but my hubby said he likes it....I bet it has lots of pretty girls?

fire_Raven
January 11th, 2003, 04:58 PM
the three main characters are supposedly "hot and sexy" or something... being a girl, i don't think they are that great... its always the same plot though... they need to do somehitn,g demon wants them to stop, one gets hurts, almsot dies "sob sob" the White lighter comes down, sues spiffy healy power, bring back to life all happy agian...

Skye
January 11th, 2003, 05:00 PM
lol...
sounds like something hubby would like

Mithrea
January 11th, 2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by fire_Raven
the three main characters are supposedly "hot and sexy" or something... being a girl, i don't think they are that great

I'm a girl too . . .

And Holly Marie Combs is CUTE.

fire_Raven
January 11th, 2003, 05:09 PM
is that paige? lol, because if i had to acuse one of them of being cute i would be paige

Mithrea
January 11th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Nope. It's Piper.

fire_Raven
January 11th, 2003, 05:14 PM
oh... nah... well... maybe... lol

MammaStar
January 11th, 2003, 05:16 PM
I stopped watching after Pru (Shannen Doughtery) left. I don't like the new sister. I watched it cause it was funny to watch and I liked the sister dynamic to it.

Mogget
January 11th, 2003, 05:19 PM
I got suckered into Charmed for quite a while- wathced a couple of bits here and there ansd usddenly hooked. Sure it's trashy melodrama that has as much to do with real withcraft as any other TV show, but it's got Julian McMahon (Cole) and is therefore fine by me!

Plus I'm a lot happier now that Shannon Doherties Breast's have left the show and the scripts cease to revolve around them.

Only two episodes of Charmed REALLY pithed me off- one, when they were talking about the dangers of love spells (three chicks turn animals into guys) and basically TRASH a perfectly nice and innocent Titania book (which I have and have used!), saying how it's dangerous and wouldn't work anyway- I was pretty annoyed on the author's behalf... I wonder how they got away with that?

The other was when they were protecting a "witch Practitioner" as opposed to a REAL witch like them...

They basically make her out to be a TOTAL flake, ditz and airhead, running around and chiming bells, burning insence and chanting ALL the frigging time. That ticked me off more than all the silly demon slaying antics the sisters get up to.

Mostly I accept TV for what it is, entertainment.

Mogget

fire_Raven
January 11th, 2003, 05:29 PM
lol the whole Cole ordeal turned me away from the show.. and all their "specials" liek the comic book one and the faery tail one *gag!!!* sooo pathetic, i used to lvoe the show... but yeah, the witch practitioner one bugged...

and then the ep before prue actually died, with the girl "i' ma witch too!!! i wanna join your coven!" then she got pissed off and shot prue... i was annoyed...

an then theres the ep, where the demon is trapped in the mirror and the little girl does whatever she say, and dresses in all black and stuff, they make it seem like goths do that or something.... people all ready have the wrong idea about the way people dress...

yes i realize its entertainment, its like saying harry potter influences children to worship the devil...

i suppose i'm jsut annoyed that people build beleifs off of charmed

WynterWynd
January 13th, 2003, 03:58 AM
I do watch the show, and I still like the show, no matter whos breasts it revolves around. They seem to showing a fair amount of the new sisters lately!! But anyway, as long as you can see it for tv entertainment and not take it seriously.......like I have noticed some people do (IRL :eyebrow:) then its fine!

But admit it....if it was possible to have any of their tv powers.....you would!!!:cool:

shnen
January 13th, 2003, 09:06 AM
I used to, but schedules collided and have dance class when its on... oh well...

Djiril
January 13th, 2003, 11:40 AM
I used to watch it until it moved and I became a "Buffy" convert.
I think it went downhill when they killed Prue off, she provided a "dark character" which kept things balanced.

Flar's Freyja
January 14th, 2003, 01:03 PM
I had a hard time getting used to Page replacing Prue, but I have really come to like her. I'd seen Rose McGowan in another movie where I didn't like the part she played, so getting to like her was a challenge.

I still enjoy the show, and enjoy the reruns that are now on daytime TV because I didn't see the whole first year and get to see some of my favorite episodes again.

Flar taped Sunday night's episode for me since I was working. I watched it last night. We're both a bit annoyed that the writers are making a strong effort to get us to hate Cole - and that they're being quite successful! I'm pretty po'd at him after watching that episode. It's my understanding that he's leaving the show and I'd really prefer that they'd let us all part on good terms...............

fire_Raven
January 15th, 2003, 12:57 AM
i wanna orb!!! or maybe Shimmer

WynterWynd
January 15th, 2003, 02:21 AM
...missed the newest show! And I love Cole! He has been an excellent good villian!;) :p

fire_Raven
January 18th, 2003, 06:40 PM
i used to like cole, then they atarted pulling all that crap... bah ><

WynterWynd
January 19th, 2003, 12:08 AM
I Lkie evil Cole!!! :devil:

RubyRose
April 4th, 2003, 01:27 AM
I'm seeing a lot of stuff around the net verbally bashing shows like Charmed & Buffy ... I also do realise that those shows do not show the whole side to Wicca or Witchcraft ... but in parts I do see some connection to Witchcraft coming out in these shows (take away all the special effects) and you have them using herbs, casting circles, calling upon various goddesses ... isn't it time we stopped taking everything literally and just enjoying the show for what it is? You may not agree w/ the way Witchcraft is portrayed but, without all these sorts of shows, we're stuck watching "reality tv shows" or "home improvements shows" which I personally can't stand ... give me a good drama anyday ...

Flar's Freyja
May 10th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by fire_Raven

the three main characters are supposedly "hot and sexy" or something... being a girl, i don't think they are that great... its always the same plot though... they need to do somehitn,g demon wants them to stop, one gets hurts, almsot dies "sob sob" the White lighter comes down, sues spiffy healy power, bring back to life all happy agian...

I love the show and am addicted to watching the reruns every day. Flar even tapes them for me when I'm not home. It's wonderful escapism and a great stress reliever for me.

They aired the first show this week and although I'd seen it before, I hadn't noticed that the girls were not all that sexy when the show started. This developed later. Piper was very plain, Phoebe looks like a little girl and even Prue looked like the girl next door.

We also noticed how awful Paige's clothes were when she first came on the show - no wonder I didn't like her at first - and she does look much better with red hair :D

Flar's really p*$$ed about Cole being written out of the show and refuses to watch the new ones since then, even though he still tapes them for me :heartthro

Pagan GoblinFrost
May 10th, 2003, 02:25 PM
I do watch it, but it's not fun with Paige, I liked when Prue was there at that time, But I am getting used to it, so yep.

WillowSageheart
May 16th, 2003, 02:41 AM
I actually love this show! It's the only show that my whole family sits and watches. It confuses my son though. He doesn't understand why I can't freeze things! :D

I hated what they did with Cole, but he did make a good crazy man. I don't know if I can watch next season though if Leo is dead... dead again???

Pagan GoblinFrost
May 16th, 2003, 04:37 AM
I get confused about Cole though, I mean is he evil and good? Because, He keeps on being a demon, I wonder where the good Cole is, it's just confusing, hehe.

Tarbh Nathroch
May 16th, 2003, 04:47 AM
I like the show think it's great entertainment, but oh yeah it gets silly at times. To bad it conflicts with the Simpsons, I can't miss that.

Azure
May 18th, 2003, 02:39 PM
Actually, it gets rerun on Tuesday night on TNT at 10 eastern, 9 central. Thats when I usually watch it.

Flar's Freyja
May 18th, 2003, 03:42 PM
TNT also shows reruns on weekdays at 9 and 6 EST :D

Xander67
May 18th, 2003, 04:09 PM
that is about when i watch it, right after 2 hrs of x-files,

4pm on scifi and 5pm on tnt EST :)

Xentor
May 18th, 2003, 04:37 PM
Even though they can't / won't / shouldn't portray the reality of neither Wicca nor witchcraft, it shows a bit of the everyday troubles a female witch annex young woman goes through.

And every club owner can tell you how pityful Piper's portraying club management. She's supposed to have graduated Harvard? And every social worker will call off on Paige's insight. And every newspaper columnist will shake their head with Phoebe's efforts.

But they'd still like the show.

Mind you, even in the story the sisters aren't simply Wiccans, they're the Charmed / Chosen Ones, with Special Powers and a Purpose. That allows for some far-fetched, imaginative story lines. Simple good versus evil stuff, with some interesting character development. Evil will grow, so will good. Good will prevail.

Thus far my support for the show.

(Oh, and I like the pretty women too.)

Xander67
May 18th, 2003, 05:09 PM
You brought up some good elements Xen,

and I can only immagine the reasoning that they all are such poor role models in thier profession is to remind us of the fact that this is a show LOL, and in the story, they put their jobs as witches before any earthly jobs they may have.. :)

good point, and I agree with you on the pretty thing :)

Azure
May 18th, 2003, 10:58 PM
Plus I can pick up their clothes cheaply at It's a Wrap in Burbank (where they sell clothes from a lot of the studios, all labelled with show and character). . . :)