PDA

View Full Version : Which version of the Bible do you use (if you use one)?

LadyDryad
September 5th, 2010, 02:39 PM
As the title says!

I favour the NKJV myself. :uhhuhuh:

Brunhilda
September 5th, 2010, 02:51 PM
I own the New Revised Standard Version with Apocrypha. It was a requirement for a college class. I have heard it's not a very accurate translation, but it serves the purpose.

LadyDryad
September 7th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Interesting! I haven't had much experience with that, but I'll have to check it out.

Cloaked Raven
September 8th, 2010, 07:17 AM
I always used the King James version myself... When I still used a Bible. :hahugh:

LadyDryad
September 8th, 2010, 11:52 AM
I always used the King James version myself... When I still used a Bible. :hahugh:

Yeah...I don't use it much, but like to have it around.

Cloaked Raven
September 8th, 2010, 11:58 AM
I do have a Bible around here somewhere, one I got as an award for 10 years perfect attendance at Sunday School.

I just can't remember where I put it that's all!!! :lol: Plus I have my spell books, etc... If I want a Bible quote or something, I generally call my mom!!!

LadyDryad
September 8th, 2010, 11:59 AM
There's also the glorious internet to provide hundreds of online Bibles!

Cloaked Raven
September 8th, 2010, 12:05 PM
True... Forgot about that!! :lol:

LadyDryad
September 8th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I also somehow ended up with the Bible on my iPod...it's EVERYWHERE! (I think my sister may have needed it for something)

HerbGurl
September 8th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I have several Bibles in my collection, including a KJV, and a NIV, but I use the New American Bible the most, since it has the Apocrypha in it. Although I have been wanting to get the Orthodox Study Bible (http://orthodoxstudybible.com/) for a while now...

RoseKitten
September 8th, 2010, 12:24 PM
I use a concordance.