PDA

View Full Version : Titans and Steelers

Azure
January 11th, 2003, 11:59 PM
Just came from the game, which was fantastic. I have no voice left. At all. I have rarely screamed so much.

It was a wonderful game with two really well matched teams. I was sort of rooting for both, because even though I am a total Titans fanatic, my bf is a Steelers fan and we have a really *ahem* entertaining bet. Plus, I think Randle El is a great player and I enjoy watching him.

It does bother me greatly that Steelers coach Bill Cowher is having a snit, because those of us who were seeing the game up close and personal know that Joe Nedney didn't take a step let only "several" before he got flattened - and the half time commentary by the Fox Sports commentators in the Atlanta-Philly game echoed that sentiment, and that the roughing the kicker call was very legitimate; and further, because that sort of behavior belittles a really well played game.

I am sooooo disappointed my bf didn't get to come out from LA. We just had a play by play on the phone, though, and that was another nice moment.

WtchyChick13
January 12th, 2003, 02:44 AM
I didn't get to see the whole game, but know one thing is true...Whenever I predict a game--it ALWAYS goes the other way!!!!

My best friends entire family are Steelers fans and I swore I could hear the screams of "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" at the end of that game from all over the NorthEast! :lol:

Since my team never made it anywhere near the playoffs, I can have some fun this time around without any pressure whatsoever. hehehehe :D

Radocs
January 12th, 2003, 03:39 AM
One of those screams was ME. :flamer:

WtchyChick13
January 12th, 2003, 03:52 AM
I knew I heard an unfamiliar voice in there! :D

Azure
January 12th, 2003, 12:13 PM
I think the Titans are going all the way this year - I've felt that way, even back at the beginning of the season when the sucked. I think the Steelers will be kicking butt next year, when everyone is really healthy again.

Now I'm counting down the hours until the Oakland-Jets game this afternoon. I'm hoping the Jets win, 'cause I want to get to see the game in person next week, and that will only happen if it's here. Plus, no one has seen a Titans-Jets matchup in years, so it could be a fantastic game to watch!!!

MammaStar
January 12th, 2003, 02:48 PM
hey, wtchy, add James, John, and Mom screaming too. stupid titans. :mad:

Azure
January 12th, 2003, 04:25 PM
Nothing stupid about the Titans, make all the grumpy faces you like. ;)

Azure
January 12th, 2003, 08:51 PM
Well, it's looking like it'll be Titans vs. Oakland. Too bad, because I won't be able to go to the game. *makes pouty face*

It'll still be a good game. The injury reports from last night are very promising. Nothing was as serious as it looked like. Even Andre Dyson should be back.

MammaStar
January 12th, 2003, 10:03 PM
Well, now that the Raiders clobbered the Jets, all I have to say is

GO OAKLAND

Azure
January 12th, 2003, 11:35 PM
They'll need all the help they can get. I watched that game pretty closely this afternoon. If the Jets hadn't let themselves get psyched out, they'd have won. Raiders defense doesn't hold nearly as well against the run game as it needs to, and the Titans are much tougher defensively than the Jets. The Raiders have some great individual players, but don't have the ensemble they need to take down the Titans.

MammaStar
January 12th, 2003, 11:39 PM
TITANS ARE GOING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Azure
January 12th, 2003, 11:45 PM
Sounds like sour grapes to me :(

MammaStar
January 12th, 2003, 11:55 PM
Aw, c'mon Azure, it's all in fun. Sports are fun!

So what I want the Titans to be crushed into the dirt? It's part of football to watch the other team get pummelled, especially when 4 of the teams you like get a butt whooping. :)

Don't take it all that seriously. Trust me hon, I'm a yankee fan. Ya gotta laugh or ya end up getting in fights.

So LAUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Azure
January 13th, 2003, 12:02 AM
Sorry, but the tone didn't read funny to me. I started out happy and excited at the beginning of this thread. . . but honestly, since my team has been dissed and trash talked pretty rudely all year it pretty much sounded like one more dis.

I'll be disappointed if the Titans lose, but it won't crush me -

Iowa losing certainly didn't ;)

MammaStar
January 19th, 2003, 12:49 PM
Azure you all ready hon???

Today will be a good day in football. No matter who wins!! :D

Azure
January 19th, 2003, 02:03 PM
I am very excited. My fingers are crossed for the Titans and the Eagles. But there should be great games today!!! And above all, I like seeing really good football.

MammaStar
January 20th, 2003, 12:13 PM
Azure, I'm sorry. Really. They tried, but my son explained it's very hard for an away team to win in "The Black Hole". Though the Jets did pull it off once.

The Super Bowl should be interesting though. The #1 Defense in the NFL up against the #1 Offense. Wonder how Gannon will go up against the Bucs......

On to SUNDAY! :D

shnen
January 24th, 2003, 11:30 PM
so are you two the only two to care about the superbowl on this Board? ;)

Flaire-FireStar
January 25th, 2003, 02:59 AM
<-------------- CFL-er. :p