PDA

View Full Version : Weird Month

Allytria
October 9th, 2010, 11:20 PM
So...there are mundanes now questioning why this particular October feels heavy and unnatural. I have been pondering that since 10/01/10. Tomorrow is 10/10/10, and as stupid as it sounds...something isn't right. When mundanes are wandering to me and wondering why everything is SO off kilter, it makes me wonder as well. Anyone else have the same feelings? It feels as of the evil is coalescing some where nearby and ready to pounce as the veil thins out. Side note that October is my favorite month EVER...and never creeps me out. I love the feelings of the thinning of the veil. I feel more connected and alive. But, now I fear this thinning, and I have never feared it before. A friend of mine is seeing weird shadows in her peripheral vision, had it checked by an eye doctor, and was told her vision was fine. That is but one example.

Caitlin.ann
October 9th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Really? Mundanes?

EntwinedScylla
October 10th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Seconding "Really, Mundanes?" and adding "Why not just say Muggles and be done with attempts at sounding legitimate entirely?"

Every year it seems that during October a few people are FOR SURE that something is suddenly evil and ready to infect the world like Gravemind sent 'em or something. Honestly, it just feels like this every year, though I think that some places get slightly more intense years than others - but it's normal.

Allytria
October 10th, 2010, 12:55 AM
I live in the bible belt of the US. I have practiced for many years and while I am used to odd things like this feeling, this time around is way more intense than what I am used to. As a side note, most of my social group refers to non magic users as mundanes. As did my gamer geek friends.

BenSt
October 10th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Really? Mundanes?

I also concur with this question... only adding, Mundanes!?

teo715
October 10th, 2010, 06:11 PM
I kind of understand what you mean about feeling a bit odd this year. I just assumed that it is because I am more aware but then again what do I know? lol

Oh, and Mundanes? Wouldn't be from Mundania per chance? :)

Allytria
October 12th, 2010, 02:40 AM
Man from Mundania. Can we ignore that part and concentrate on the question at hand? People in my local pagan group agree there *is* a different feel to this year here in this area.

WitchJezebel
October 12th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Seconding "Really, Mundanes?" and adding "Why not just say Muggles and be done with attempts at sounding legitimate entirely?"

*snort*

Every year it seems that during October a few people are FOR SURE that something is suddenly evil and ready to infect the world like Gravemind sent 'em or something. Honestly, it just feels like this every year, though I think that some places get slightly more intense years than others - but it's normal.

This. Although I admit it is my favorite time of year. Not just because it's Samhain but the traditional American Halloween has always been so much fun with the decorations and the seasonal baking kickoff!

As for it feeling like evil is abound? Nah. But at least one devil always shows up trick or treating every year. :bigredgri

herbal_legends
October 12th, 2010, 02:16 PM
A friend of mine is seeing weird shadows in her peripheral vision, had it checked by an eye doctor, and was told her vision was fine. That is but one example.

I have been seeing things in my peripheral vision lately as well....never have before. I don't equate it to anything evil though. Let's hope for the best :thumbsup:

Ivy Artemisia
October 13th, 2010, 04:07 PM
October is like this every year. About a week in, "weird" stuff starts happening, then as we get close to Samhain, it gets more frequent. Lots of paranormal things, unexplainable happenings, periphreal vision issues, stirred up ghosties, etc.

Doesn't seem any different to me this year, than it has in the past. Some years it seems to me to be more noticeable than others, but no big. Certainly nothing to worry about. Or to rally your local Pagan troops about.

IvyWitch
October 13th, 2010, 05:00 PM
I haven't felt anything different about this year, metephyically or otherwise. Other than the fact that the weather up here in New York has been a little strange, but IIRC, the weather is always strange around here.

EntwinedScylla
October 13th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Ivy (artemisia) hit the nail on the head. The severity is cyclical, and natural.

Caitlin.ann
October 13th, 2010, 07:55 PM
I just feel more intune this year..but only because I'm allowing myself to. Last year I was too depressed, literally, to feel anything.

Fairywolf
October 14th, 2010, 09:39 AM
I think some of it has to do with the weather changeing and the leaves turning. I wouldn't say evil is a foot. (Well that is unless you are at my house, where the two evil kitties are taking control)

I think that this time of year always makes people "jumpy". It is darker longer and the temps are cooler. There are noises all over from leave and acorns falling, but honestly it is no different then any other year.