PDA

View Full Version : The Three Rays of Witchcraft

sparrowspirit
October 19th, 2010, 02:52 PM
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4571/51oenr2bswl.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/Three-Rays-Witchcraft-Christopher-Penczak/dp/0982774303/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_7

About this Product: Inspired by a Vision of Awen depicting a spear, a flowering branch, and a horned serpent emanating from three drops of wisdom, surrounded by three worlds, Christopher Penczak received a teaching to reconcile many disparate parts of modern Witchcraft into a cohesive body of magickal lore for personal evolution and enlightenment. Experimented with and expanded upon, this lore is now shared through his book The Three Rays of Witchcraft!: Power, Love and Wisdom in the Garden of the Gods. Striving to weave the diverse threads of his personal practice together, the Three Rays provided Christopher with a powerful framework to bring together modern Wicca, Traditional Craft, Druidism, Theosophy, Qabalah, Shamanism, and alternative health into a greater whole. The text outlines a model of the universe based upon the forces of Power, Love, and Wisdom. Associated with each is a ray, a path we can travel spiritually and evoke energetically. Known as the Straight Line, the Bent Line and the Crooked Line, each offers different magick, knowledge and mysteries. Each ray is associated with a race of spiritual entities with whom we can partner, including the angels, faeries, animal powers and ancestors.
I just purchased this book, I'm waiting for it to come in the mail. As a fan of Mr. Penczak's work, I look forward to this one :) I own his Temple of Witchcraft series and adore them very much.

Has anyone else looked at this?

herbal_legends
October 19th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I haven't heard of it but it sounds intriguing :uhhuhuh:

WolfyJames
November 7th, 2010, 02:58 PM
So? How is it? I love Christopher Penczak and I have quite a few of his books. I just found out about this one recently because there is a chance he will be present in Montreal for the Yule Fair and one of the workshops he will be giving will be based on this book. There is a chance we will be able to pre-order an autographed version of this book as well. I'm really looking forward to it. And it's a strange coincidence because I recently started the bardic course of The Order of the Bards, Ovates & Druids (OBOD) and I can see the awen symbol which is their logo on the cover. It makes me want to read the book even more.

Sundragon
November 16th, 2010, 12:45 AM
I got the book for two reasons:

1.) I have been using the word Awen as a mantra in meditation for quite some time and have charged a Awen pendant as a talisman for use in meditative work.

2.) I had an insight of the Awen symbol representing the threefold nature of Deity (Mother/Father/Divine Child or Great Spirit) as it ties with my use of the Hermetic Qabalah in magick and meditation for years.

Well to my great joy and surprise a good deal of what Chris Penczak writes about in the book dovetails beautifully with my received insights. I find this kind of stuff fascinating, how similar ideas can have a genesis in multiple individuals at the same time none of whom have contact.

I don't believe in coincidence but even if I did I have had this sort of thing happen so often that it would strain my credulity.

I am seriously considering enrolling in Chris' Temple of Witchcraft Training. I'm not usually one for getting into any organization of Wiccans/Witches because I rarely to never agree theologically or philosophically with much of what is offered. However, after working with all of Chris Penczak's books, his perspective come as close as humanly possible to my own.

I have never been so tempted to join up with a Pagan/Magickal order until now. Maybe I won't join up, but I'll definately be integrating some of his ideas into my own work.

)o( Blessed Be,

Sundragon

sparrowspirit
January 15th, 2011, 01:29 PM
I got the book for two reasons:

1.) I have been using the word Awen as a mantra in meditation for quite some time and have charged a Awen pendant as a talisman for use in meditative work.

2.) I had an insight of the Awen symbol representing the threefold nature of Deity (Mother/Father/Divine Child or Great Spirit) as it ties with my use of the Hermetic Qabalah in magick and meditation for years.

Well to my great joy and surprise a good deal of what Chris Penczak writes about in the book dovetails beautifully with my received insights. I find this kind of stuff fascinating, how similar ideas can have a genesis in multiple individuals at the same time none of whom have contact.

I don't believe in coincidence but even if I did I have had this sort of thing happen so often that it would strain my credulity.

I am seriously considering enrolling in Chris' Temple of Witchcraft Training. I'm not usually one for getting into any organization of Wiccans/Witches because I rarely to never agree theologically or philosophically with much of what is offered. However, after working with all of Chris Penczak's books, his perspective come as close as humanly possible to my own.

I have never been so tempted to join up with a Pagan/Magickal order until now. Maybe I won't join up, but I'll definately be integrating some of his ideas into my own work.

)o( Blessed Be,

Sundragon

I feel very similar, although I don't have the funds of means to join his temple's training. I currently own all the books from the ToW series, and I enjoy reading them, although I have yet to read the last two as I feel I'm not ready.

maybe when I move up to NH in a year or two for college, I may be able to join the temple or take some classes. I've read through the website, as well as the handbook, you can find here: http://templeofwitchcraft.com
I'd really consider it, it sounds like a good community and a good program for learning and growth.

I wonder if anyone has any interest in forming a class based on his books here at MW? I believe that is allowed. I hate studying alone, I like company :)

and Sundragon, I totally get what you mean by the Awen symbol. I've always thought of it as my favorite symbol even more so than the pentacle.