PDA

View Full Version : My personal cell.

Charley Brown
October 20th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Why is it the more I learn the more I realize how little I know?

Here in the confines of my own construct every time I reach a stage of enlightenment I am immediately made aware of the vastness and the smallness of this place I have built.

Call it the Black Iron Prison, the Golden Sphere, or any other name you can imagine. What I am slowly realizing is the vastness is a natural order but the smallness is created by me. The walls of this place are in constant flux, ever changing by experiences and knowledge won. With a surge of knowledge it seems the walls start to fall away at first, then close back even tighter as the very knowledge I have just won makes me aware of how much there is to learn and how little I know. At times this frustrates me and at other times it leaves me awe struck. At the times of awe I realize that there are no walls. I have put borders on the universe to keep myself from being overwhelmed, but the walls simply do not exist. They are my blanket to keep me feeling warm and secure. During the periods of frustration I claw and scream at the walls that do not exist, blinded by my own smallness and inability to perceive the reality that is and is not at the same time.

My most recent state of enlightenment has left me aware that time and knowledge are things of infinite patience. They are and always will be there, waiting, watching. I will either find things in my alloted time or I will not. It doesn't matter to time or knowledge, and in the end it really doesn't matter to me. I am what I am and I will become what I will become. The things I learn are of my own choosing, my paths are of my own making. Decisions I have made, my reactions to experiences, my personal perceptions to things will determine this. I know if I fail to learn a thing, the knowledge of this thing will not judge me, and being ignorant of the thing I will not judge myself.

There is so much there that no one of will ever taste it all, or even a large part of it.

It is good to be alive.

~Elise~
October 20th, 2010, 01:46 PM
I sooo agree with all this. The more we know, the more we realize what we don't know.

Charley Brown
October 20th, 2010, 02:49 PM
May it always be so, otherwise the wonder will cease.

~Elise~
October 20th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Exactly!

Twinkle
October 20th, 2010, 03:01 PM
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.
Socrates (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/s/socrates125872.html)

Chaos Hawk
October 20th, 2010, 03:05 PM
May it always be so, otherwise the wonder will cease.

I agree, there's always more to know. But I would be willing to give up wonder for knowledge.

Charley Brown
October 20th, 2010, 03:07 PM
I agree, there's always more to know. But I would be willing to give up wonder for knowledge.

Not me, ever. The world is full of wonder, beautiful surprising wonder. If there is a god, can you imagine how utterly bored s/he must be?

Chaos Hawk
October 20th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Not me, ever. The world is full of wonder, beautiful surprising wonder. If there is a god, can you imagine how utterly bored s/he must be?

No, but I would be willing to find out. I have insatiable curiosity, to be able to have knowledge would be the greatest gift to me. I think beauty and wonder are separate. One can appreciate beauty without a sense of "wonder".

Twinkle
October 20th, 2010, 03:11 PM
I personally think the wonder is what makes life worth living. But I also need and crave knowledge.

I guess I want both.

Charley Brown
October 20th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Of course we want both. Beauty is separate from the beauty of wonder/surprise/special sunrise. Each day we learn(or should) something new. New ideas, new concepts, the list is endless. I would rather take this a day at a time, this way I get both, each in their own time and in their own way.

Twinkle
October 20th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Of course we want both. Beauty is separate from the beauty of wonder/surprise/special sunrise. Each day we learn(or should) something new. New ideas, new concepts, the list is endless. I would rather take this a day at a time, this way I get both, each in their own time and in their own way.

Agreed. I feel the same way.

Chaos Hawk
October 20th, 2010, 04:05 PM

I think my wonder button is broken. I have never had a sense of wonder at a sunrise or most things people get that sensation about. And I hate surprises, even if it's something that I would like. I mean someone could pull in with a new car for me and my house paid off and 10 million dollars (all of which I would love) and my response would be: :eyebrow: :hrmm:

I wouldn't have to learn everything at one time, in one instant. But if I could be hooked up to like a mental super computer that would answer all my questions, that I could look at everything in the most minute detail from everywhere across the past, present, and future, and space. That would be prefect and avoid the whole exploding head thing.

Charley Brown
October 20th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I think my wonder button is broken. I have never had a sense of wonder at a sunrise or most things people get that sensation about. And I hate surprises, even if it's something that I would like. I mean someone could pull in with a new car for me and my house paid off and 10 million dollars (all of which I would love) and my response would be: :eyebrow: :hrmm:

I wouldn't have to learn everything at one time, in one instant. But if I could be hooked up to like a mental super computer that would answer all my questions, that I could look at everything in the most minute detail from everywhere across the past, present, and future, and space. That would be prefect and avoid the whole exploding head thing.

I think you scare me a little. :)

Chaos Hawk
October 20th, 2010, 04:16 PM
I think you scare me a little. :)

I'm not scary :sadeyes:

:T

Charley Brown
October 20th, 2010, 04:18 PM
:hahugh: