PDA

View Full Version : Artist(s) needed

watchman11
October 24th, 2010, 05:36 PM
I'm currently working on a pagan-friendly browser game and looking for someone to handle the graphics. The slot for the heavy work -banner, various classes of chars,...- may be taken soon. I'll post an update if it doesn't happen.

At any rate, I'd like another artsy hand to draw the usual paraphernalia you'd find in an inventory: weapons, armor, drops, etc... -size likely to be from (50x50px to 50x100)-, and possibly someone for the critters to take some load off the main artist.

The background story is heavily based on Celtic mythology. Style needed for the critters: adult-oriented, some may lean to the horror type. And preferably drawings rather than CG models, like

http://www.celtic-realms.net/items_wolf.gif (from Vampire Wars)

Financial compensation will be offered based on the amount of work agreed upon.

Questions are welcome on the forum or by PM.

Wyndsong
December 31st, 2010, 03:01 PM
Hi there, did you find someone to do the animals?

Amused
December 31st, 2010, 03:41 PM
I'm not patient enough for pixel work, which is probably what you're going to need for a browser game. But I can screw around with it if you're desperate. ;)

watchman11
January 1st, 2011, 06:07 AM
@Wyndsong: I was planning on having them done by my main artist but since he has a lot of work cut out for him I wouldn't mind hiring an extra hand if the style blends well with his. I'm attaching the banner he drew for reference. Feel free to link me to a sample of your work if you think it may fit.

@Amused: Thank you. I'm only going to start working on the final version of the UI so I still have to decide how much pixel art will be needed. Don't have anyone yet for the task so I'll let you know when it's done if you're still up for it.

Another (new) thing I'm interested in is 9 critters in tribal Celtic style, not unlike this one (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zghOuwyJ7zE/SOUZTEl1PaI/AAAAAAAAB64/M8M3yzzZLE4/s1600-h/CRANE%2520web.jpg). These will be the totem animals the player picks when creating his/her char. They'll be smaller in pixel size than this one.