PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Animal Charachters.

Danustouch
January 13th, 2003, 02:22 PM
Okay...how about our Four Footed Stars in Hollywood. Who is your favorite animal charachter on Television, past or present.

Mine are

The old black and white "Lassie" show's Lassie.
Flipper (the dolphin).
Babe, the Pig.
and Morris, the Cat.

Faery-Wings
January 13th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Benji!!

I even had stuffed Benji and Tiffany dogs when I was a kid.

Frasier's dog is funny....and Toto too!

Why can't I think of any others?

Ahautenites
January 13th, 2003, 02:46 PM
Mr. Ed and Salem the Cat (from Sabrina). Although.... Don the horse from the movie Hot to Trot (voice by John Candy) was pretty neat, too.

stormyray
January 13th, 2003, 05:37 PM
I just love the red mcaw from 102 dalmations who thinks he is a rotwiler

WtchyChick13
January 13th, 2003, 06:48 PM
Frasier's dog is funny....and Toto too!

Eddie!!!!!

Max the dog in Grinch (both animated and Jim Carrey). :p

Oh and Dog from Columbo! How can you not love a big old basset named "dog" who loves ice cream??? :D

Danustouch
January 13th, 2003, 07:06 PM
Remember the Bull Dog from "Jake and the Fat Man"? I loved him...

And How about "Flash" From Dukes of Hazzard (Sherriff Rosco's dog)

Old Witch
January 13th, 2003, 07:16 PM
I'm old..but I argree on the black and white Lassies........but does anyone remember Fury....the story of a horse and the boy who loved him............Rin Tin Tin..........Trigger......and possibly the best horse movie ever made.......The Black Stallion.........Cassolet(sp) was that horses real name...........

Danustouch
January 14th, 2003, 01:47 AM
Old Witch...I never got to see the movie or show "Fury" but....growing up...I did have the book "Fury, Stallion of Broken Wheel Ranch" which it was based on. I read it so much that the pages started to fall out.

Flaire-FireStar
January 14th, 2003, 01:47 AM
The Littlest Hobo. :)

And of course, Mr. Ed!

Old Witch
January 14th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Danustouch
Old Witch...I never got to see the movie or show "Fury" but....growing up...I did have the book "Fury, Stallion of Broken Wheel Ranch" which it was based on. I read it so much that the pages started to fall out.

You can see 2 episodes of Fury at.. www.brokenwheelranch.com

Danustouch
January 14th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Thank you Old Witch!!!!!!!!!

Fury was my favorite book as a child. After reading it, I became OBSESSED with horses, which at the time was very difficult, because I had severe athsma and allergies. My absolute dream was to move out to Arizona and start a horse ranch (because of that book), and my parents were always telling me..."You can't do that, you have atsma and allergies" I was a VERY dramatic child, and took those lectures pretty hard. When I was in Junior High, I started getting into trouble at school, and my parents took me to the guidance counselor. The guidance counselor told them that they needed to come up with a reward system for good behavior (my parents had never believed in such things as allowances). So...they devised a plan. I would have a sheet of paper which each of my teachers needed to sign after each class, stating that I'd been on time, hadn't talked in class, had participated, brought my books, and tools, completed homework, etc. If this paper was filled out, every day, by each teacher, I would receive a dollar a day in a glass jar. When the glass jar was filled, I would get to use that money for something special that I wanted to use it for. What did I demand as my reward? Horseback Riding! My grades improved dramatically once that system was in place. And about once a month, my Dad was taking me, AND my brother to a local riding stables for trail rides. My dad said I was a natural (he grew up riding horses, as he grew up on a farm). And during that time, I never ONCE had an allergic reaction to the horses.

So...when I was watching one of those episode clips on the site you reccomended, I really sympathised with the charachter "Lewis".

Incidentally, The last few times I've been around Horses, i HAVE had allergic reactions (itchy eyes). However, true to my stubborne self, I'm not going to allow that to keep me away from them. I'm just going to take a few antihistamines, and carry eyedrops. Eventually, i'll build up my immunity to them again :)