PDA

View Full Version : Crossing the Abyss

Xander67
November 18th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Where knowledge and experience are no longer Relative but Absolute..

To cross the abyss is to begin a metaphysical process that will lead from a reality composed solely of relative experience to one that includes the absolute for the first time. It is the beginning of magical maturity...

It should be noted that crossing the abyss has sometimes been equated with the destruction of the ego, but this is misleading. Yes, metaphysical experience transcends the relative self, but it is inclusive, not destructive or dismissive...

then it goes on to speak on the conversation of the holy Guardian Angel
_inabox_

http://www.thebaptistshead.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=253&Itemid=28&show=1

I have never intentionally engaged in this, but in hindsight, this might explain some of the things I went through the past ten years or so.

SacredNight
November 26th, 2010, 04:51 AM
everything which contains "abyss" is worth studying.

Fairywolf
November 26th, 2010, 10:15 AM
I will have to read this when I am more awake....not enough caffine today :lol:

odubhain
November 27th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Where knowledge and experience are no longer Relative but Absolute..

then it goes on to speak on the conversation of the holy Guardian Angel
_inabox_

http://www.thebaptistshead.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=253&Itemid=28&show=1

I have never intentionally engaged in this, but in hindsight, this might explain some of the things I went through the past ten years or so.

Training and disciplining the self is like having a metaphysical pickup truck for hauling back any goodies one discovers while returning from the other side of the abyss. After all, it's not an amusement park or a video game.

Searles O'Dubhain

Xentor
November 29th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Where knowledge and experience are no longer Relative but Absolute.

Here I wish to interject with a bit of knowledge usually spread by Infinite Grey or Njorun Alma: as soon as your knowledge turns absolute, it stops being knowledge, and turns into belief, and your development ends.

Sounds like heaven to some, but quite boring to me.

Xander67
November 29th, 2010, 05:57 PM
That is something I was wrestleing with as well, Once something is experienced it then becomes relative to the person experiencing it. In order for it to be Absolutely Absolute then, wouldn't it need to be the same for all? Is that even possible?

Xander67
November 29th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Training and disciplining the self is like having a metaphysical pickup truck for hauling back any goodies one discovers while returning from the other side of the abyss. After all, it's not an amusement park or a video game.

Searles O'Dubhain

Oh well I hope it is an F 150 extended cab 4WD
:boing:

Sounds like I am gonna need it lol

Xentor
November 29th, 2010, 09:05 PM
That is something I was wrestleing with as well, Once something is experienced it then becomes relative to the person experiencing it. In order for it to be Absolutely Absolute then, wouldn't it need to be the same for all? Is that even possible?

Not according to science. This year, a series of reports was published, claiming that and how some of the scientific constants were proven to vary. Minimally, but vary nonetheless. Natural laws have a limited reach by design. Scientific claims have a limited scope by design. It seems the only constant in our universe is change.

According to some religions however (any based on the Old Testament, for starters), some things can be known absolutely, and questioning that is a sin itself. Some of us consider this a stifling property. Others consider this a challenge, instead.

Some other religions like my own, take a more scientific stance to its own dogmas, accepting that some day, they can be proven wrong. We've used scientific methods to show that applying the tools of belief and spirituality do make a difference.

From the viewpoint of my path, a holy guardian angel is a spiritual possibility to research and explore. And we never tire to add the advise to start by researching the history of belief in angels, continued by a cultural assesment of the influence of the Golden Dawn on our current spiritual thinking. For instance, we found that few people realised that the belief in angels predated the Old Testament.

Xander67
November 29th, 2010, 09:14 PM
From the viewpoint of my path, a holy guardian angel is a spiritual possibility to research and explore. And we never tire to add the advise to start by researching the history of belief in angels, continued by a cultural assesment of the influence of the Golden Dawn on our current spiritual thinking. For instance, we found that few people realised that the belief in angels predated the Old Testament.

I don't doubt that for one moment. If you read the book of Enoch, it tells a lot about what happened behind the scenes during the formation period.

Edit to add: The book of Enoch was written well before some of the books of the old testament and was for millenia considered to be a valuable part of the teachings. It was only recently that the church decided that was just way too much metaphysical info for us common folk to be in possession of.

Umbress
December 4th, 2010, 08:04 AM

Yes and no - This is hard to express but I shall try

The first part to address is the assumption that absolute is the same as "fixed" in this realm but this realm is not "fixed" or absolute.

An analogy - The person you were when you wrote the post I quoted will not be the exact same as the person who will read my response even though only a little time has transpired. Every day we change subtly however we may not notices due to the relativity factor of our own physical reality

Sort of like when you see a small child every day the changes won't be that noticeable but they are occurring none the less. Be apart from the same child for three months or a year and the changes are more noticeable even if they occurred at the exact same rate as when you saw the child everyday - Relative is in the noticing, the absolute is in the subtle changes in a growing child. Now to connect to you and the abyss

The You that accessed the absolute today will not be the exact same as the you who will assess the absolute next week. You do not see the subtle changes because you are with you every day but they are none the less occurring - So while the experience you had today becomes relative to the person of today the and the experience in linear time remains with the person of next week however when you journey next week you will absolutely NOT be the same person you were last week so the new absolute has no relation to the "you" you are when you make the second journey

I hope that made some sense??

The second part is the difference between linear time and non-linear time - Linear time changes constantly non-linear time does not - it is what is it is, always has been and will be - The absolute is within the realm not subject to linear relativity of the physical realm. Even though the realm beyond the abyss may remain unchanged you as the traveler will not be the same therefor you will be observing from a different perception,or different place in your own being

I understand the journey beyond as I have been there however the Golden Dawn manner of relating to things is pretty foreign to me - Holy Guardian Angel - okayyyyyyyy. I think that is a higher self thing to them but I could be wrong.

I have been trying to read up on Western esoteric tradition and the tree of life so I can understand where people are coming from.