PDA

View Full Version : Pathworking

PaganSpirit
November 21st, 2010, 05:49 PM
What exactly is it? Is it basically just guided meditation using visualization, or is the experience generally more than that (ie, actual visions, mystical experiences, etc.) Does one need to develop some kind of clairvoyance before pathworking, or does the act of pathworking itself develop clairvoyance, and if not, how exactly does one develop their clairvoyance within ceremonial magic?

Sorry for the barrage of questions there, but I'm very curious. :)

sidhe
November 23rd, 2010, 09:24 PM
What exactly is it?

Pathworking. ;) </tautology>

Is it basically just guided meditation using visualization,

Yes.

or is the experience generally more than that (ie, actual visions, mystical experiences, etc.)

Yes. :)

Okay, now I'll stop being an obtuse smartass and answer directly:

Pathworking is exactly what you make it. For some people it's just guided meditation using visualizations. Some people have actual visions and mystical experiences. Sometimes it starts as one, and becomes another over time. You'll get out of it what you bring in; as above, so below, yadda yadda.

Either way, doing a pathworking is an awesome experience. Writing one is also an awesome experience.

Does one need to develop some kind of clairvoyance before pathworking, or does the act of pathworking itself develop clairvoyance, and if not, how exactly does one develop their clairvoyance within ceremonial magic?

Hmmm...not sure how to answer this. Clairvoyance isn't necessary, and it doesn't develop clairvoyance, and I've never really seen an exercise in CM meant to develop clairvoyance.

What I have seen are exercises that encourage you to listen to yourself and trust your instincts. Which may be the same as clairvoyance. ;)

PaganSpirit
November 23rd, 2010, 10:58 PM
Thank you, Sidhe, you always have very helpful answers on this forum!

odubhain
November 27th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Pathworking. ;) </tautology>

Yes.

Yes. :)

Okay, now I'll stop being an obtuse smartass and answer directly:

Pathworking is exactly what you make it. For some people it's just guided meditation using visualizations. Some people have actual visions and mystical experiences. Sometimes it starts as one, and becomes another over time. You'll get out of it what you bring in; as above, so below, yadda yadda.

Either way, doing a pathworking is an awesome experience. Writing one is also an awesome experience.

Hmmm...not sure how to answer this. Clairvoyance isn't necessary, and it doesn't develop clairvoyance, and I've never really seen an exercise in CM meant to develop clairvoyance.

What I have seen are exercises that encourage you to listen to yourself and trust your instincts. Which may be the same as clairvoyance. ;)

I like your answers. Pathworking is an exercise in consciously getting more of your self involved in your connection to what is happening now. Most of us are using only 10% of our awareness at any particular moment. Using one's imagination more strongly is helpful so long as it is spontaneous and not "guided" (guided pathwalking is nothing but someone else's idea IMO). Use your own abilities and insight to see more of what you already know.

That's what I hear you saying here and I strongly agree with that for everyone.

Searles O'Dubhain