PDA

View Full Version : Help For a Project

Aruinn
November 30th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Hello all,

I'm new here and look forward to getting involved in some of the discussions but first, selfishly, I wanted to ask for a little help.

I'm a pagan but I'm also a student of performance and for my dissertation project I'm working a "performance ritual", a synthesis of two artforms. But my ritual piece will focus on celebration, and since it will take place around Ostara I was looking for any stories or myths (from any background) that focus on new beginnings or even creation stories.

Of course, I'm aware of a few of these already but for some reason I'm finding it difficult to find the full stories themselves (for adaptation) instead of just descriptions of the myths.

If anyone could point me in the right variety of directions, I'd be very grateful. Thanks! :)

Eyeris
November 30th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Awesome Project, especially as a performance major.

There is a theory that western theater tradition steams from Greek Religious Ritual; Greek theatre held sacrifices before every performance, and the celebration of Dionysus included a huge theater festival.

You make your own story about the possible beginning of theatre... where Thespis was the first person to step out of the chorus and said "I wanna pretend to be this guy!"

Terra Mater
November 30th, 2010, 05:30 PM
You can start with http://www.magictails.com/creationlinks.html

Then run down to your local library to get books about the myths you wish to focus on or at least books with translations of the myths you wish to focus on.

Aruinn
December 1st, 2010, 06:20 PM
Thank you very much for your help guys, I appreciate it. :)