PDA

View Full Version : firefly

stormyray
January 17th, 2003, 09:22 PM
I don't know how many here watches the fox show "Firefly"
I love it so much and found out the canceld it. grrrr why must they do that to the shows I love. they said it didnt reach a broad enought range of people . :sigh: I guess I will have to deal with it ...

Sorry had to throw myself a small pitty party.

Mithrea
January 18th, 2003, 01:21 AM
:wah:

I'll cry with you Stormy :(

I miss it already!!!

Wyrdsister
January 18th, 2003, 05:51 PM
So will I! I was really enjoying the show, too. But according to the website, Joss hasn't given up on the show yet. I think he may try to shop it around to other networks. Sending complaint letters to Fox can at least tell them how much we think the show rocks and they suck. ;)

Wyrdsister

SpikesPet5150
January 24th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I was hella upset that they cancelled it. I loved that show. Joss is God.
~Bree

Toriach
January 24th, 2003, 09:12 PM
My question is how dumb is Fox. They know that the man has a huge following, and that his work unlike a great much of the psuedo reality fluff out there has a flow to it that is dependent on things happening in a certain order. So right out of the gate Fox refuses to air the pilot instead insisting that a regular run episode be the first thing the viewers see? Then they under promote the show, and they stick it in the timeslot of death. Did Fox not want the show to survive?

TIE

Toriach

Djiril
January 25th, 2003, 05:09 AM
I managed to see it a few times, though it was hard since there's a show on at the same time that my brother and my dad like to watch, and I have to let them have it since I watch more live TV then they do. ;)
I liked the whole space/western concept, though it didn't grab me the way "Buffy" does. I would watch it if it came on at a better time.:)

GrayKnyght
January 31st, 2003, 01:55 AM
Here's a link to a site dedicated to saving the show.
http://www.fireflysupport.com/
Hope something good happens with it

Lavender
January 31st, 2003, 03:19 PM
It's a good show. I hope they bring it back.

materra
February 2nd, 2003, 04:11 PM
Sure, kiss of death if I like the show.... Damn. I liked Wolf Lake too. I like Dead Zone too but only got moved. Dang.

Why did they cancel it? :wah:

Sequoia
February 3rd, 2003, 03:22 PM
What exactly was the show about? :huh:

stormyray
February 3rd, 2003, 05:19 PM
Sci-Fic space western.....basicaly earth could no longer house all of us so people settled on diffrent plantes and started over .. Some had it all and some had none... some wanted more ...ect. The show was centered around the crew of one ship " Serenity" and how they were outlaws and how life was for them. It was a great show. Hopeful someday it will be picked up again.

Sequoia
February 3rd, 2003, 07:42 PM
*LOL!* sounds kind of like Trigun or Cowboy Bebop!

Laisrean
October 1st, 2007, 07:02 AM
I recently purchased the complete series on DVD after I'd seen the movie "Serenity". It was a kickass movie, and it made me want to see the series. I'm sad to say I didn't see it when it was actually still being made, so I guess you could say I'm part of the problem of why it flopped like it did. If more people like me had viewed it then, then maybe it wouldn't have been canceled... but hopefully the DVD sales will get them to uncancel it as they've done with Family Guy?

It's really sad that all the episodes of such a great series can be contained within a 4 disc set. :sniffsnif

Star Trek Enterprise can stay cancelled for all I care. Just give me some good science fiction for a change, dang it.

Petunia
October 2nd, 2007, 10:58 AM
I copied this from Dark Horse Comics official website, The TPB is called "Serenity; Those Left Behind."

{Dark Horse's biggest hit of 2006 is now available in a special-edition hardcover!

Joss Whedon, the pop-culture mastermind behind Buffy the Vampire Slayer, bridged the gap between his cult-hit Firefly TV series and his Serenity motion picture with this three-issue miniseries.

Penned by Whedon and Brett Matthews, a Firefly show writer, the ragtag crew takes on a scavenger mission with the promise of a big payoff. Only too late do they realize the gig is orchestrated by an old enemy eager to remake their acquaintance.}

There are also unconfirmed rumors that Joss will continue the tale of Mal and the crew post Serenity in comics as he has already done with Buffy and Angel.