PDA

View Full Version : its a full moon tonite, lets do a full moon spread

amyb73
January 19th, 2011, 01:24 PM
heres a spread from Jette's Tarot for All Seasons if anyone else wants to join me tonight

Full Moon Spread

It's thrown on the shape of a full moon, clockwise.

1. Relationships
What you need to know about developing your potential in relationship to others. The truth of your relationships, be they lover/coworker/family/friend.

2. The Power of Choice
What decision needs to be made now to fully express your potential? What will free your creativity?

3. Manifesting Goals
What action do you need to take on the physical plan to reinforce your magical (or tarot) workings? What can you do in the mundane world to support your spirit's desire?

4. Creativity
The Mother has given you talents, abilities and gifts. What must you do to fully express them? If you don't like this card, it is because the card shows blocks that you need to address before you can realize your full creative gifts.

5. Protection
Shows you where to establish personal boundaries so you do not give your personal power away. What do you need to protect?

6. Psychic Gifts
How can you best develop your intuition? If position 6 is a Court Card, it suggests the appearance of a teacher, guide or mentor.

7. Blessings and Spiritual Direction
The Mother wants you to celebrate the joy of being alive.
What do you have to be thankful for? How can you best express the Goddess in you?

EavanStar
January 19th, 2011, 01:33 PM
I work tonight, or I'd join ya. Good idea though. :D

Sharizzy
January 19th, 2011, 01:47 PM
How exactly would the cards be laid out?

7 of Swords
January 19th, 2011, 02:47 PM
I'm all for trying new spreads.

I'll be joining in this tonight. Just a quick question with #6, when you say "court card" you mean from the minor arcana, yes? Just want to check different folks use different terms.

And am I correct in thinking this is just laid out in a circular pattern clockwise?

EavanStar
January 19th, 2011, 04:49 PM
I imagine you start at "12" and continue clock-wise. Ive seen other variations though.

amyb73
January 19th, 2011, 07:45 PM
court cards are minor= yes
I imagine you start at "12" and continue clock-wise= yes

sparrowspirit
January 19th, 2011, 07:50 PM
I will join you, I'll post my results in a little bit. :) I like this spread.

amyb73
January 19th, 2011, 08:11 PM
this is actually my 1st time with this spread as well, i just layed it and they are all upside down, :hairred: the moons influence? i'm gonna flip them all right side up and get back to ya guys,

sparrowspirit
January 19th, 2011, 10:41 PM
so I'm not sure what to make of this spread. I got mixed feelings from it, but I also dont feel like I'm in the right mind frame... if someone else is willing to take a shot at it. here's what i got.

I used the Shadowscapes Tarot by Stephanie Pui-Mun Law. my favorite!

1) Relationships - Five of Swords
2) Power of Choices - Knight of Wands
3) Manifesting Goals - Nine of Wands
4) Creativity - High Priestess
5) Protection - Three of Cups
6) Psychic Gifts - XXI The World
7) blessings/Spiritual Direction - Ace of Swords

The part I got stuck on, is the creativty and the high priestess card. I'm in the process of training through the Inner Temple of Witchcraft by Christopher Penczak.

I'm sure i'll be able to wrap my head around it tomorrow, it all sounds so meanful, like I know I'm supposed to get something out of this, as it is the first full moon of the new year, but I can't quite get it right.

amyb73
January 19th, 2011, 11:22 PM
i used the deviant moon tarot deck which i love...
1. relationships= lovers
2. power of choice= 9 of cups
3. manifesting goals= justice
4. creativity= knight of wands
5. protection= hermit
6. psychic gifts= queen of swords
7. blessings/ spiritual gifts= sun
i have mixed feelings about mine as well because like i wrote above they were all reversed initially, i need to think about mine for awhile as well, maybe we can help each other as well if something jumps out at us

as for sparrowspirit cards in 6 and 7 are really powerful and positive:thumbsup:

Lady Draven
January 19th, 2011, 11:41 PM
What a great idea!

Here are the cards from my moon spread:
1. Six of Cups (R)
2. Three of Swords (R)
3. Five of Swords (R)
4. Six of Wands
5. Empress (R)
6. Emperor (R)
7. Nine of Pentacles (R)

7 of Swords
January 20th, 2011, 01:54 AM
Here are my results:
Rider-Waite Tarot
1- Knight of Cups (reversed)
2- Strength
3- Queen of Wands (reversed)
4- 5 of Swords
5- Knight of Wands (reversed)
6- The Empress (reversed)
7- 3 of Cups (reversed)

So here's how I see this. First the relationships, there's some bad stuff in the works there. My creativity can be freed by action, and energy. Which actually is spot on for me at the moment. More or less saying "Just do it." The reversed Queen of Wands in that third spot is a hard one, any suggestions there? 5 of Swords at the fourth spot is clearly an obstacle to my creativity to which I refer back to Strength in the second spot. The reversed Knight of Wands I believe is saying to be cautious and avoid being narrow minded. Better to mend bridges then burn them. Sometimes some good diplomacy can be a good protection. When it comes to psychic gifts the upside down Empress pretty much leaves it up to me by saying to look for light, and truth, but I have a lot of personal unraveling to do first. Finally the spiritual direction card of the reversed 3 of Cups suggests at best achievement, but even this has mixed tones.

Overall I'd say a mixed reading. Some encouragement, but the abundance of reversed cards suggests maybe I should be kicking things into gear sooner, rather than later.