PDA

View Full Version : The Suspicion Gland

Charley Brown
January 21st, 2011, 01:25 PM
This gland causes some of us to look at everything sideways, to examine a thing, tear it apart and put it back together. After doing this we sometimes accept a concept, or reject it depending on our findings.

Not everybody has a Suspicion Gland though, True Followers, for example. True Followers have many names, perhaps the most common is sheep. If True Followers ever had a Suspicion Gland they crushed it without mercy. The Suspicion Gland requires one to accept responsibility, leadership at times and the burden of self education.

True Followers have utterly rejected all of the above, because they are afraid. They know there is something lurking just out of sight and they do everything in their power to not see it. They shield themselves with flat screens, drugs or any number of distractions.

Some of see it though, and once seen it is most difficult to ever forget it or unsee it. Once the Truth has been laid bare before your eyes you change. A part of your soul turns black, diseased. This will never "heal".

The Truth is there for all to see and it always will be, but so many will never look.

At some point it seems Suspicion is replace with a weary acceptance of the way things really are. Not that it changes anything, but suspicion has now just become ingrained to the point of natural reflex. It's not to be considered a bad thing either.

Can you see The Truth, or is your back turned to it as you run away?

)O( ~ Khara~ )O(
January 21st, 2011, 02:52 PM
I like this!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/Siochain/mittens-1.jpg

I think, unfortunately we are raising a generation of True Followers. We've taken every challenge and every obstacle out of their way, so they have no reason to develop their Suspicion Gland which destroys it just as surely as if they crushed it.

What we need is a bit of difficulty. A way to force questions to be asked. A way to teach them not to accept an pat answer on face value, but to question and keep questioning until they get The Truth or it becomes obvious there was never a Truth for the question to begin with.

Charley Brown
January 21st, 2011, 02:57 PM
I like this!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/Siochain/mittens-1.jpg

I think, unfortunately we are raising a generation of True Followers. We've taken every challenge and every obstacle out of their way, so they have no reason to develop their Suspicion Gland which destroys it just as surely as if they crushed it.

What we need is a bit of difficulty. A way to force questions to be asked. A way to teach them not to accept an pat answer on face value, but to question and keep questioning until they get The Truth or it becomes obvious there was never a Truth for the question to begin with.

I have to agree with you. Instead of blaming fast food on fat kids, try taking their games away from them and kicking them outside. Games are soma to a mind.

VuDo
January 21st, 2011, 05:50 PM
True story -- people with the suspicion gland reach sexual maturity faster. Also, they have more balls (ovaries?)

)O( ~ Khara~ )O(
January 21st, 2011, 06:19 PM
I have to agree with you. Instead of blaming fast food on fat kids, try taking their games away from them and kicking them outside. Games are soma to a mind.

My kids have to pack their video game away the minute the weather warms to 50 or better as long as it isn't a sea of mud. They don't even try to play the game they know my rules... GET THE HELL OUTSIDE! If they come in and don't stink like hard playing boys they go back out until they do!!!

True story -- people with the suspicion gland reach sexual maturity faster. Also, they have more balls (ovaries?)

This is quite true as my ovaries are in truth brass elephant balls in disguise.

*GrumpButt*
January 21st, 2011, 06:26 PM
My kids have to pack their video game away the minute the weather warms to 50 or better as long as it isn't a sea of mud. They don't even try to play the game they know my rules... GET THE HELL OUTSIDE! If they come in and don't stink like hard playing boys they go back out until they do!!!

This is quite true as my ovaries are in truth brass elephant balls in disguise.

That's what I do with my kids as well. Not only is it oh so good for them to be able to go outside and play after being cooped in the house, I would go insane after being cooped up with them all winter. Once the air warms, I kick their asses out of the house. OUT. GET OUUUUT.

Atm I have 4 kids running around my tiny home. Making all kinds of noise and wrecking everything in sight.

I have bigger balls than most men I know.

VuDo
January 21st, 2011, 07:09 PM
I have platinum ovaries, a golden suspicion gland and a couple of silver ben wa balls, for good measure.

Charley Brown
January 24th, 2011, 11:30 AM
I have platinum ovaries, a golden suspicion gland and a couple of silver ben wa balls, for good measure.

getting a little turned on........

VuDo
January 24th, 2011, 03:48 PM
getting a little turned on........
I find that response suspicious.

Landra
April 22nd, 2011, 05:25 PM
I prefer the term "sheeple".

To be fair, sheeple are great when you're trying to sell something, organize a movement, or get elected into political office. Other than that, not so much.

I've put a lot of effort into perfecting a technique for stimulating the suspicion gland. So far, it's only effective sometimes. Next step, amateur brain surgery!:boing:

Don't forget the paper doll people either, close cousins of the sheeple; people who are numb from the neck up and hollow on the inside, their entire lives a reflection of what the people around them tell them to be, every thought in their pretty little heads a quotation.

May you find what you seek,
Landra