PDA

View Full Version : RAR or ZIP

MinisterofWolves
February 4th, 2011, 10:39 PM
I was noticing how much copying and pasting i was doing with some of these classes. Nothing wrong with it however it does take a while to do so. I was thinking that some of the lessons and assignments can be done in a word format then saved to a .zip or .rar file. Of course the class instructor would get the credit for doing the class. The follow on threads don't necessary have to be added into class file. but that would save some thread room or such. Just an Idea.

SilverClaw
February 7th, 2011, 02:05 PM
I was noticing how much copying and pasting i was doing with some of these classes. Nothing wrong with it however it does take a while to do so. I was thinking that some of the lessons and assignments can be done in a word format then saved to a .zip or .rar file. Of course the class instructor would get the credit for doing the class. The follow on threads don't necessary have to be added into class file. but that would save some thread room or such. Just an Idea.

Well if you were doing the classes instead of just copying them all it would not be so bad. You would only need to copy one assignment and lesson at a time.

Personally I will not be offering any of my classes in Zip of Rar format to me it is not worth the time and energy.

MinisterofWolves
February 7th, 2011, 07:34 PM
The funny thing is, i was actually going to use some of these formats for my classes that i conduct. Notice i stated formats. I like the way alot of them were laid out and done. but i agree with you that sometimes the things we do do take alot of time and energy. anyway have a good one and a better one tomorrow.

Zai
February 8th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Personally, I think .zip is okay so long as the resulting file isn't too big. Some people are on dial-up, after all. :)

I've noticed that .rar isn't necessarily as prevalent as .zip is. Ie: Not as many people have the necessary program(s) to open a .rar.

Agaliha
February 8th, 2011, 02:14 AM
I come across RAR more often than ZIP, but it might just be that I'm downloading different things than you and others are. WinRAR and other programs open RAR and ZIP. Most other programs do as well.

As for RAR/ZIPing classes...I don't think it's a bad idea, but the reason why they're not is because those classes are old and archived. If you were a member and a participant in the class when it was active, you would be following the lessons one at a time and therefore the need to copy the whole class is unnecessary. Perhaps if a teacher wishes to offer a Zipped version of the class at the end of its run, they could, but it's not something we will require.

;)