PDA

View Full Version : Robin Hood

Danustouch
January 25th, 2003, 01:42 PM
Does anyone remember the old Robin Hood series that Showtime originally produced? Robin was Hot, marian beautiful, and the score, was by Clannad :) It went into sindication, and was showed on PBS for a while. I was listening to Clannad today, the theme for Robin Hood, and was remembering how much I loved that series. When I remember it now..it's got to be one of the most Pagan twists on Robin Hood ever produced for a movie, or television. I remember that they alluded to the fact that Robin (who scholars have thought for centuries to be a representation of the Green Man) was the Son of Herne (at least, I think it was Herne. They show him all dressed in Deer Robes, with Antlers on his head, swathed in mist).

GOD i miss that show. I would LOVE to be able to find them on video tape somewhere for a reasonable price. :)

MammaStar
January 25th, 2003, 03:26 PM
I never saw it. My 2 favorite Robin Hood adaptations are:

The Disney version. I love that one. I even had the Colorform set (anyone remember Colorforms???)

and yes, as CHEEZY as this may sound.....I love Costner's version: "Robin Hood: Prince of Theives" I can't help it. I like it. Besides.....who plays "Will Scarlett" That's right, the man that I've been obsessed with since I was 13...CHRISTIAN SLATER!!! :D

"I have a brother!" :lol:

Danustouch
January 26th, 2003, 12:29 AM
I loved prince of theives too.

I had the Smurfs Colorforms.

Anyway...here is an interesting fact for you. The Saracen Warrior, played by Morgan Freeman in the Prince of Thieves, had previosly never been featured in the Robin Hood movies made (even the one with erroll Flynn). The series I was speaking of, was the first to feature it. :) I'll post a link to the fansite of the series I am talking about. If you haven't seen it yet..you MUST~ Robin is a Hottie! woooooooohoooooooo

Danustouch
January 26th, 2003, 12:32 AM
http://www.geocities.com/puckrobin/rh/0599.html