PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Herbs (Revisited)

mol
February 11th, 2001, 01:28 AM
Again...a new thread because those old threads are hard to follow. Good that they are there for reference and for searching for info...but for discussion? Nope.

Here is the last post in that thread from Semele:

Posted by semele

Ok, I am soaking all this up, but now I need to know where do you go about getting these herbs for planting. A nursery or something as simple as the local wal-mart???? Also what kind of soil ..aaaggghhh...help. I know nothing. The only plant I can grow is an ivy.
Semele

Now...can we continue this one.

belladonna23
February 11th, 2001, 01:41 AM
For soil, I use 2 parts potting soil and 1 part sand.
You can buy seeds just about anywhere, but some of them are harder to find. I get a lot of them at the nursery & craft store, but have found some at Wal-Mart and at the grocery store and Osco as well.
Herbs are easy to grow. Most of them are technically weeds, and apart from drowning them, you probably couldn't kill them if you tried! :)

Scarlet Swan
February 11th, 2001, 01:50 AM
Edub has his secret place to get some of his herbs, he just comes home with them. I think he belongs to some secret cult and wont tell me about it =)

Mostly we shop at good old Walmart, and around here, a home improvement warehouse called Lowes. They have a wonderful selection. You would be surprised at the great plants, seeds and whatnots you can get from a home improvement store.

I am a classic plant killer myself, but that is why I married Edub, well one of the reasons *smiles*

Good luck! Finding the good stuff is half the fun!!!

Scarlet Swan

eaglewolf
February 11th, 2001, 03:32 AM
I could tell you about my secret cult, dear, but then I would have to kill you!

~ew

...sneaking back out...

mol
February 11th, 2001, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by eaglewolf
I could tell you about my secret cult, dear, but then I would have to kill you!

~ew

...sneaking back out...

hahah...Oh, she has got to come around more often. You two are cracking me up..

Thats not how semele and I sound is it?

eaglewolf
February 11th, 2001, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by mol

Thats not how semele and I sound is it?

Come to think of it, yes, it is!

~ew