PDA

View Full Version : vampire movies

Aijou_no_Tenshi
February 9th, 2003, 06:17 PM
How many of you all like vampire movies? ... They're my favorite kind of movies so I was just wondering. ... I'll name a few for ya.

Some of my favorites:

- The Queen of the Damned
- The Forsaken
- The Lost Boys
- Interview With A Vampire
- Dracula 2000
- Blade
- Blade 2

Armitage
February 10th, 2003, 12:44 AM
You should check out Nadja, it's an indie film about Dracula's daughter, and is incredible. I caught it by accident on Sundance one night.

Flaire-FireStar
February 10th, 2003, 07:57 PM
I have to see more of these movies...I've been stuck with the crappier ones (Embrace of the Vampire - though the vampire in that one was sooooo hot) :lol:

Lost Boys...:mmm: Loved that one

Rubi Waters
February 11th, 2003, 11:48 PM
there's also Bram stoker's Dracula (1992)
fright night
From Dusk til dawn
Buffy the Vampire slayer (I actually liked that one)
Salem's lot
near dark
Love at first bite
once bitten
yes alot of them are campy but that makes them fun!!!

I love Vampire movies (books too)

Phoenix Blue
February 12th, 2003, 12:32 PM
Along the anime line, Vampire Hunter D is pretty good stuff. :)

WitchJezebel
February 12th, 2003, 05:04 PM
Love my vampire movies, just a few of my faves:

From Dusk til Dawn (sumthin about George Clooney and that tattoo)
John Carpenter's Vampires
Lost Boys
Interview w/ a Vampire
Countess Dracula (cheesy 70's flick)
Fright Night

Wyrdsister
February 12th, 2003, 07:13 PM
I LOVE "Near Dark"!! I have a copy on tape. :D

Wyrdsister

Lady Eryn
February 13th, 2003, 03:27 PM
Hey I saw this one Vamp movie and it was realy good or at least what I saw of it was and I can't rember the name of it . The polt of the movie went something like Salem's Lot but it had the guy from 21 Jump Street in it ,the older brother , And him and one of his students ,Because he played a teacher, were running from the whole town. I don't know But if any of you find this movie and you know the name of please tell me. It has been killing me for years.

moonlight37
February 15th, 2003, 05:20 AM
Yah I Luv Vamp Movies!! Near Dark, Dusk Til Dawn , Lost Boys , Interview with the vampire, Oueen of the Damned ETC.....

Lacykitten
February 17th, 2003, 11:52 AM
Near Dark wasn't the redneck cowboy vampire movie was it?? Oh my gods.. we rented that once.. heinous.. lmao.. ;)

I love Interview, Queen, Drac 2000, Blade and Blade 2 (I've decided to call all vampire "Sparky" thanks to Blade 2 ;) ) .. One of the older Dracula ones, but I can't remember which one it was. There's a scene where Mina is in some sort of museum and Dracula is following her, and turns into a wolf and scares everyone.. It's been a long time since I saw it but I really liked that scene. ;)

Umm.. Rockula! It's a comedy, old.. musical.. hehe.. I love it. My Best Friend is a Vampire was awesome too.. hehe.. That Dracula spoof with Leslie Nielson? Where they're dancing in the ballroom and she's like, twirling over his head and you can't see him in the mirror? That kills me. :)

... There's a vampire movie.. the only part I remember is that the vampire is talking on the intercom to the woman's apartment.. the maid is there cleaning.. and he says "If you don't let me in, I'll rip out your throat and use your windpipe as a straw." Anyone know what movie that is???

.. mm.. I love vampire movies.. mmm..

MidnightSun
February 18th, 2003, 02:55 AM
Oh yeah..name it, I probably love it. Dracula: Dead and Loving It was funny as all hell! lol. Queen Of The Damned, Interview *i'm a big anne rice fan*, Vampires, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Embrace of the Vampire, Dracula 2000, Blade and Blade 2, Dracula *the one with keanu reeves and winona ryder *sp?*...lots of them.

Crystal_Raye
September 21st, 2003, 02:00 PM
I've only ever seen Interview with a Vampire, a few episodes of Vampire Princess Miyu, and some vampire movie with Bon Jovi in it.

Xentor
September 21st, 2003, 02:45 PM
Yes, Bram Stoker's Dracula really got me hooked. I've a copy of it and watch it every now and then and still see new things. It could be Keanu Reeves of course... I love every movie this man played in.

From Dusk till Dawn is too bloody to be really frightening, but I remember the first time I saw Fright Night, it scared the living daylights out of me!

Blade is nice. There's a rerun of part 1 tonight on the BBC at 22.15 GMT. I know Blade from the Punisher comics. I like him better in the movie.

Did you see the movie with Eddy Murphy as a vampire looking for his bride? It must have been a success, there's a sequal too.

SylverStar
September 21st, 2003, 10:58 PM
What's that one with Jim Carey

First Bitten? I like that one

also all of the above mentioned ones. I tend to like the more flashier ones with lots of action.
I think I spent too many years in stage combat.

Bainidhe Dub
September 22nd, 2003, 09:08 AM
If it's got vampires, chances are I've seen it lol. I never pass up the chance to see a new one. I haven't seen it in a while, but my fav is Interview. One of the first movies I'd ever seen that really grossed my mom out lol . Needless to say, she no longer watches movies with me lol.

CloakofStars9
September 22nd, 2003, 09:33 AM
well im a vampire movie freak!!!
have been since i was little
i have a lost boys & interview with the vampire poster in my room ;)

anyone else ever seen Salem's Lot?
that one hasnt been mentioned yet :p

ann
September 22nd, 2003, 12:57 PM
well i thing i most have some kind of vampire frtish as i moat have all off them,
but i thnk the best has to be=
lost boys
blade
intew with the vampire
queen of the dammed,
and one 1 has saiz ive been whiching you,ya i now it was a really bad movie but the vampire was soooooo hottttttt
and let not for get burrf and angel,

and i have to say that spike(james masters)is by far the best vampire he can cuome and bit me any time he wants lol.

CelestiaSynth
September 22nd, 2003, 01:31 PM
I have a few vampire favorites. I really dug Interview with the Vampire, which I have to admit, I didn't think I would like at first. Blade was a cool movie too, better than it could have been. And when I was growing up, I liked the Lost Boys, although it seems pretty campy now.
There are come that are alright, but could have been better ( Queen of the Damned, Blade 2 ). My favorite is probably Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Jenne
September 22nd, 2003, 01:36 PM
Most vampire movies I've seen I've loved. And that covers about every one of them out there, even some indie ones. I want the soundtrack to Queen of the Damned...hoping to get it for Xmas/Yule!

Rhaven
September 22nd, 2003, 03:29 PM
The Queen of the damned
Dracula (With Gary Oldman)
Blade I
John Carpenter's Vampires
Dracula 2000
The lost boys
From Dusk til dawn

In no particular order but I think the Queen of the damned was the best one...

CloakofStars9
September 22nd, 2003, 03:44 PM
i wasnt too impressed with Queen of the Damned, especially since they changed so much from the books
and of course it wasnt under Ann Rices supervision, nor did it get her approval
but the soundtrack rox

Rhaven
September 22nd, 2003, 03:54 PM
i wasnt too impressed with Queen of the Damned, especially since they changed so much from the books
and of course it wasnt under Ann Rices supervision, nor did it get her approval
but the soundtrack rox

The soundtrack is great!!! It's true the movie is much different from the book, but I don't think any movie will ever be as fantastic as Anne Rice's books.

Theres
September 22nd, 2003, 10:07 PM
22 posts and nobody mentioned Nosferatu?
and you guys call yourselves vampire movie fans? for shame! :hmmmmm:

FlyingBear
September 22nd, 2003, 10:17 PM
Absolutely LOATHE vampire flicks.

Hope I don't get stoned to death for it LOL

:)

WingedTigerChild
September 22nd, 2003, 11:07 PM
I like Interview with the Vampire and Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Xentor
September 23rd, 2003, 06:22 PM
Nosferatu... I wasn't even born when that movie was shot... Never saw the movie itself but saw documentaries about it. Must have been really scary, for everyone more than thrice my age... ;)

Theres
September 23rd, 2003, 08:27 PM
the one i'm talking about was shot in the 20's... just a coupla years before i was born too! :lol:

Ben Gruagach
September 23rd, 2003, 08:54 PM
I'm not familiar with the movies people are trying to figure out the names for.

But I do have another vampire movie to add to the list, one which I've always enjoyed (and have on DVD in my collection):

Innocent Blood.

I don't think anyone has mentioned "Shadow of the Vampire" yet either. It's an interesting one with Willem Dafoe and John Malkovich.

SylverStar
September 23rd, 2003, 10:20 PM

This movie is sooo great it doesn't need mentioning. This is what began it all so of course it needs its praise.

Traz Heart
September 30th, 2003, 10:32 AM

HERE HERE!!!

Sheesh no one remembers the classics

Nosferatu: Phantom der Nacht

Shadow of the Vampire

Dracula (Bela Lugosi)

Mark of the Vampire (Bela Lugosi)

The Return Of The Vampire (Bela Lugosi)

Mother Riley Meets the Vampire (Bela Lugosi)

I meen the new ones are good also

here is one you might not know

Innocent Blood.

Oh and I don't think anyone mentioned
Vampire in Brooklyn

CloakofStars9
September 30th, 2003, 11:02 AM
well duh!

shadow of a vampire was awesome, Willam Dafoe (sp) is amazing!!!!

but still no one has answered me about SALEMS LOT!!!

Traz Heart
October 1st, 2003, 09:02 AM
well duh!

shadow of a vampire was awesome, Willam Dafoe (sp) is amazing!!!!

but still no one has answered me about SALEMS LOT!!!

Yup Yup Pirate girl!

twisted_silhouette
October 21st, 2003, 05:53 PM
I love any good quality vampire movie. I have this freakish obsession on vampires. If you say "vampires", I'm there. :vamp:

mayla
October 21st, 2003, 05:56 PM
i didn't like Queen of the Damned i mean Stuart Townsend is hot but i had read the book before i saw the movie and it was so different and i was very dissappointed. But just as a movie it was good.