PDA

View Full Version : Daredevil -- Who's going?

MammaStar
February 14th, 2003, 11:33 AM
It's the 14th! Who's going to see Daredevil today????

It's just me & Mith ain't it????

I'm so excited to see this movie & it has nothing to do with who's in it, though looking at Ben Affleck in skin tight leather won't be a bad thing.

Daredevil is one of my favorite comics. Can't wait!!! :D

Tonite at 9:30 I'm going.

Blueowl
February 14th, 2003, 11:43 AM
I hate the movie theatre.....I really have an objection to a place that charges 10 bucks to get into the theatre...PEr person....and then you have to spend almost another 20 bucks, for 2 drinks and popcorn? I have a 43" inch big screen, with srround sound that works in my home...I like that better! But then I do live in an overinflated economy here in Northern VA...YUCK!:( :mad:
Have fun Ldy...I willbe thinking about ya while hubby and I are out to dinner ;)
hehehee

MammaStar
February 14th, 2003, 12:41 PM
We're going to dinner too. We have reservations at 7:00 p.m.

Then to the movies at 9:30. I'll be a BIT over dressed for a comic book movie, but that's all right. ;)

I was over-dressed when I went to the opening of Fellowship of the Ring last year, we had gone straight to the theater from Eshallet's office X-mas party. :)

Blueowl
February 14th, 2003, 01:12 PM
We have dinner reservations at 5:30...I think because thebad weather is suppose to hit later on this evening :)

While you at it get some Vday nookie for me...I can't for another week or so lol 8O :wah: :wah: :wah: Now thati swhaTI call a sucky Vday!

WtchyChick13
February 15th, 2003, 03:35 AM
I do usually wait for things to come out on video, but I saw Affleck on Leno the other nite and HE LOOKED GOOD! :lol:

I had to tape it for my mother because she has a serious Ben Affleck addiction. :D

MammaStar
February 15th, 2003, 12:01 PM
Going again today 'cause I promised my son & his friend I take them. Maybe THIS time I won't be sitting next to 4 Affleck groupies who would not SHUT UP during the movie.

oh & BTW, I saw the X-Men 2 trailer. OH MY GOD! Is it May yet????

Mithrea
February 23rd, 2003, 07:42 PM
So okay on the third try I FINALLY got to see it. I want to know what you think. I'm still thinking it over. :shift:

The only two things I can say for sure is that 1)Fuel Rocks! and 2)Ain't she BEAUTIFUL?!

The rest :2G:

I liked it for what it was. It's just so hard not to do a comparison. . . Star?

Flaire-FireStar
February 23rd, 2003, 08:09 PM
:wah: It takes forever for movies to get here....We've JUST got Kangaroo Jack & Darkness Falls now. :rolleyes: Goddess knows how long it'll be before DD gets here.

But I DO want to see it. :)

mol
February 23rd, 2003, 08:10 PM
Looks like cheese to me.

Mithrea
February 23rd, 2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by mol

Looks like cheese to me.

Yeah it was. I expected normal comic book fun cheese but there was some real hoaky stuff there. I'm disappointed.

MammaStar
February 23rd, 2003, 08:35 PM
Well, it was Cheezy. And parts were very true to the comic, since I'm a regular reader. However, the parts, such as the sense depravation tank and the apartment made of concrete ticked me off. Cause, Matt Murdock has very good taste and has a HOOKED up apartment.

To me, it felt rushed. Plus, the fact that as much as I adore Michael Clark Duncan, well, the KingPin is portrayed differently in the comics.

Jennifer did great as Elektra. Again, the whole end scenes with her felt rushed.

I didn't TOTALLY hate it...but I didn't totally love it. And for the record....I liked it WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Spiderman.

Mithrea
February 23rd, 2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by LdyStarlite
I didn't TOTALLY hate it...but I didn't totally love it. And for the record....I liked it WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Spiderman.

Really? Hmmm.

I totally agree on the rushed stuff. Maybe not rushed . . . maybe just jumped around alot an left too much out to make good sense?

Jeleia
February 24th, 2003, 01:33 AM
If you haven't seen it yet, don't bother to spend the $10.00.

I heard great reviews. I even heard that it was going to be better than spiderman!

Sorry.... not even close.

Even my boyfriend didn't like it! :eek:

SimplyStrange
February 24th, 2003, 03:10 AM
Ben Affleck...:sick: :razz: :uzi: <---because there's a lack of a thumbs down smiley...

Don't plan on seeing it.

BTW, Spiderman was directed by non other than Sam Raimi!! The same Sam Raimi who did the Evil Dead trilogy!!

:p He's my hero.