PDA

View Full Version : Most Romantic Movies.

Danustouch
February 15th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Yes, Valentines day has come and gone, but I didn't think of this topic until after midnight last night :) So.....despite Valentines day being another year away... What are your favorite Romantic Movies? Not just romantic comedies.

Some of my favorites are "A Love Affair to Rememember"
"Bridges of Madison County"
"The Quiet Man"
"The King and I". The King and I, In my opinion, has the absolute most sexually charged scenes in all of movie history, despite the fact that it has NO sex in the movie :) The scene where Anna and the King are dancing, and gazing into eachothers eyes, and then quickly looking away..in my opinion, that scene is SO filled with "Sexual Tension" Oh! It makes my heart ache every time I watch it. And yes, I still cry every time I watch it, too.

I also love "Robin Hood, Prince of Theives". "Jane Eyre", "Wuthering Heights", "The Bodyguard", "Bounce", "Circle of Friends", "Chocolat", "Dirty Dancing", "Ghost", "Jerry McGuire",
"Kate and Leopold", "Meet Joe Black", "Legends of the Fall", "Notting Hill", "Pretty Woman", "An Officer and a Gentleman", "Shakespeare In Love", "Message in a Bottle", "Titanic", "Top Gun", "When Harry Met Sally", "Witness",
"Before Sunrise", "A Walk in The Clouds", "Breakfast at Tiffany's",
"While you were sleeping", "Somewhere in Time", "Runaway Bride", "City of Angels", "Keeping the Faith", "Serendipity", "Captain Correlli's Mandolin", "The Piano", "As Good as it Gets", "Beauty and the Beast", "First Knight", "Gone with the Wind", "The Brothers McMullen", "Only You", "The Truth about Cats and Dogs", "Hope Floats".

Did I miss any? LOL.

Azure
February 15th, 2003, 04:34 PM
The Jane Austen stuff - I watched the BBC Kate Beckinsale "Emma" again last night.

Sense and Sensibility
Pride and Prejudice

And also favorites:
Serendipity
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Shakespeare in Love
Elizabeth
Much Ado About Nothing
Possession
10 Things I Hate About You
The English Patient
Legally Blonde
How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days
Sleepless in Seattle
Sliding Doors
An Affair to Remember
Sabrina
Desperately Seeking Susan
The Thomas Crown Affair
My Man Godfrey
High Fidelity
About a Boy
Stealing Beauty
Wings of the Dove
A Room With a View

I'm sure I'll think of more.

Azure
February 15th, 2003, 04:34 PM
Oh! NeferSesemet will agree on this one - Ever After.

CSerenity96
February 20th, 2003, 04:47 PM
:eek: You forgot "The Princess Bride"

:heartthro Not only the best romantic/comdey ever *sighs* :heartthro but a darn good book and joke as well.

That gets my vote as a GREAT romance for males and females.

Theres
February 20th, 2003, 06:03 PM
Sid & Nancy

mol
February 23rd, 2003, 08:13 PM
Cutting Edge

Mithrea
February 23rd, 2003, 08:15 PM
Backbeat

Cinnamon Girl
February 26th, 2003, 12:15 AM
84 Charing Cross Road

WtchyChick13
February 27th, 2003, 12:30 AM
Bridget Jone's Diary--I love a movie where a "normal" size girl gets not one but two incredibly handsome men. :D

When Harry Met Sally--Because I lived it. (Except for the ending.) :(

While You Were Sleeping--Just 'cause. :)

Cinderella--One of my all time favorites. "So this is love..." :o

And several hundred more that I'm sure I will be adding on here! :D

ShadowSwift
February 27th, 2003, 12:13 PM
I'm probably the least romantic person in the world.

Occasionally I get into gripy, bitter moods that give birth to gripy, bitter pseudo-theories. Like, romance movies are meant to serve no purpose other than to make you miserably dissatisfied with your current relationship, leading to an endless stream of "Why don't you ever do wonderful stuff like that?" thus keeping condom, flower, lingerie, jewelry and candy retailers, as well as other romance movie makers in business, thus continuing a wretched (and fairly silly) cycle built upon bleary eyed women and men that just want them to shut up.

That said, I really like Harold and Maude. :loveduv:

CloakofStars9
February 27th, 2003, 12:34 PM
moulin rouge ;)