PDA

View Full Version : For those of us...

MammaStar
March 3rd, 2003, 11:18 PM
who are fans of baseball (yeah, I know..it's just me)

only 27 days and 21 hours left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The snow needs to melt! I gotta oil my glove. It's time to play.

*skips off singing Fogerty's "Centerfield" "

MammaStar
March 7th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Ya know why i love the Yankees? Too bad I'm gonna tell ya anyway. :p

They always have to have some sort of DRAMA going on...

The latest is because of David "Boomer" Wells' book....granted....he should've probably WAITED till he was retired to write this thing...bad timing, while you're still on the team, you shouldn't air the dirty laundry.

But c'mon....he's Boomer, and for those of you who DON'T know him...he's a character and I'm NOT surprised by some of the things that he has said in this book. The man does what he wants when he wants...and SUCH a big deal because he & Roger Clemens don't speak!!! GOOD!!! i'm glad they aren't buddies...because a) I can't STAND Roger Clemens (dirty rotten Red Sox pitcher--when you're a Yankee fan...you don't like the Red Sox....) and b) Wells was TRADED the Winter AFTER he pitched his Perfect Game for stupid Roger Clemens!!!!! Would you speak to the guy that got your job??? Um....NOT!!!!

George ragging on Jeter...Wells book. It's gonna be a FUN season down in Da Bronx. :D

MammaStar
March 11th, 2003, 11:50 AM
The Yanks Management laid down their punishment for David Wells. He was fined $100,000.00. Which will be distributed to different charities.

Like I said before, he should've waited to release the book after his retirement. But, hey, what's Spring Training without a little drama. :D

WtchyChick13
March 15th, 2003, 04:59 AM
Yeah pre-season has been full of excitement this year. (And is it just me or are they starting REAL early this time around?)

Anywhoo, Wells definately should've waited however I love that the "Hypocritical Owner" (as he's being called) Steinbrener didn't make a big deal out of that but went nuts when Jeter went out past curfew on his own birthday. :rolleyes:

Personally, I'm not a Yankee fan (much to the chagrin of my father and grandfather) however, I'll take Jeter anyday!!! Hmmm, wonder if he likes short women??? :huh:

I've also been intrigued with the Piazza happenings of the past few days. My man Mike was wronged but there was a look in his eyes that I will NEVER forget when that idiot Guillermo Mota from the Dodgers hit him YET AGAIN. Once last year and then again two days ago.

It was a side that we've never seen of his and hopefully won't again. (Incidentally Mr. Piazza if you're reading this? I'm single AND a MET Fan! :D )

If you haven't seen the story yet: http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/67101p-62464c.html

Theres
March 15th, 2003, 05:51 AM
Yankees? the pin-striped corporation? new rules baby, and Steinbrenner can't just buy it anymore!

the REAL news is that Fillipe Alou has come home to roost! the Giants are gonna make their play in '03, and there's only one place left to go... the Series Championship!

the Angels? give me a break! a fluke. a fluke i tell you...
FLUKE!!!

MammaStar
March 15th, 2003, 11:20 AM
I agree!!! DEFINITE FLUKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit to add:

I was just reading an article about A-Rod....the over-priced Texas Ranger Shortstop...hes out a few days with a herniated disc. Poor guy.

Suspensions are being handed out left and right, Guerrero was suspended for three games and Florida pitcher Brad Penny was suspended for five games for brawling this week. And Bob Watson is deciding on just what sort of punishment Piazza and Mota should get. IMO, Mota should get suspended and nothing should happen to Piazza. He was just standing there with his ENORMOUS head at the plate, he couldn't help it that he got hit AGAIN. He's a target. I mean if you're head was that HUGE you'd be a target too. Unless you're Tino Martinez, former Yankee, who was just the bean boy for an entire season. 'Course despite all those times Tino got beaned, he kept his cool and didn't try to rip the pitcher's head off. *shrug*

Wtchy, ya know I love ya, despite that you're a Met fan. :lol:

WtchyChick13
March 16th, 2003, 05:31 AM
:2G: Beware the wrath of the short witch. :2G:

Now it's one thing that he go hit last year by the same pitcher who hit him the other day.

HOWEVER, the guy had tried once AND THEN hit him with the second pitch! He deliberately went for Piazza! My guy, my cutie guy!!! :eek:

In the words of the beloved Tug McGraw: Ya' Gotta Believe! ;)

Yankees....:blushake:

***edited to add***

Yankees? the pin-striped corporation? new rules baby

Did Greenman just call me baby? :huh:

:lol:

Old Witch
March 16th, 2003, 08:13 PM
Going to watch the replay of the Braves - Cardinals game..........As a Braves fan........well, we don't say Yankees in polite company!!!.........Or :razz: Mets..........:D

I LOVE BASEBALL!!!!

MammaStar
March 16th, 2003, 08:59 PM
I was out today and all my sis in law & I talked about was the upcoming season.

I LOVE this game. I know a LOT of folk out there don't understand it, but it's just truly a great sport. I've said it's close to a religon for some. The smell of the grass. The sound makes when the bat makes contact. *sigh*

I can't wait to start playing. My son had his Little League tryouts yesterday. I can't wait to play with my friends. :D

*starts humming "Centerfield"*

Old Witch
March 16th, 2003, 09:14 PM
:D I understand how you feel!! I'm typing and watching the game at the same time!

I also watched "The Rookie" today. I even love baseball movies.

I tend to think that baseball is a way of life, not just a game!!

Just letting you know you've got a sister baseball fan........

MammaStar
March 17th, 2003, 09:48 PM
The fines were laid down today.

Piazza: Suspended 5 games, fined $3000
Mota: Suspended 5 games, docked $1500
Burnitz: fined $500

The suspensions will begin on Opening day, unless appealed.

Details: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=531&e=4&cid=531&u=/ap/20030317/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/bbn_mets_dodgers_suspensions