PDA

View Full Version : Music that fits your spirituality

chenoa
July 28th, 2011, 07:26 AM
What music do you listen to to get you in a spiritual mood or to reaffirm it, if that makes any sense? Are there any particular artists that speak to you more than others? For myself, I really like Spiral Rhythm, Gaia Consort, Jehanne, Katy Taylor's Welcome Brigid album, Emerald Rose, Robert Gas, and Angels of Venice. I'll add more if I remember them, but that's what comes to mind right now. Thoughts?
Chenoa

Sakurako
August 23rd, 2011, 09:03 PM
I almost always head straight for my Wendy Rule collection. I'm also a fan of S.J. Tucker, Spiral Dance, Damh the Bard, Tina Malia, Libana, and Celtic Women have one amazing song - The Voice, which always makes me feel as if Gaia is speaking directly through those words.

chenoa
August 25th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Thanks! I just had to make myself stop buying on Amazon again! Lol! I really like Tina Malia so far, as well as Celtic Woman. Other than The Blessing, what other S.J. Tucker albums are clearly pagan? I had trouble telling from the clips Amazon provides. Same with Spiral Dance? Thanks.
Chenoa

sol_mas
September 3rd, 2011, 09:29 PM
There's a song by Chalice and Blade called 'I Hear You Calling' that generally puts me in the right mood. You can find it on Youtube, it's also sold on Amazon.

-sm

aynfean
September 3rd, 2011, 09:44 PM
LOVE Chalice and Blade. Was in a coven with a few of their members once upon a moon.

Sounds funny but I really like the LoTR soundtrack to get in a pagan/relaxed mood :)

aynfean
September 3rd, 2011, 09:44 PM
Bah double post again, MW hates me lately :(

jiggady_wig
September 3rd, 2011, 10:03 PM
Sigur Rós

sol_mas
July 1st, 2012, 10:32 PM
The blog Songs of the Goddess released a compilation that is really good:

http://blog.songsofthegoddess.com/2012/06/19/20120606.aspx

petrus4
July 2nd, 2012, 01:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajp0Uaw4rqo

Although I apologise if I am unwelcome in here; I only just saw the forum name.