PDA

View Full Version : Need help interpretating a very confusing reading :)

Britney
August 3rd, 2011, 11:37 AM
I recently did a Celtic cross spread concerning the outcome of my relationship, or more precisely what could I do to improve the situation, but I'm having trouble interpretating the cards, the more I think about it, greater the confusion. So if anyone has the time and good will to help, it would be much appreciated :)

1. Knight of Swords - it must represent the guy I'm seeing
2. The hermit - I kinda connected these two cards - concluded that he needs to be alone and think right now? :s
3. Page of Pentacles
4. Justice (I've been feeling guilty cause he's been cheating on his girlfriend with me :s )
5. Six of Cups
6. The fool (Somehow this card appears in every reading I do that has any connection with the guy.. guess I'm the fool xD )
7. Queen of Cups
8. Six of Wands
9. Three of Wands
10. Six of Pentacles

Any help and thoughts would be great, thank you :)

grug
August 3rd, 2011, 10:11 PM
Different people assign different meanings to each card in a Celtic cross spread. I have three books on Tarot and each one has slightly different positioning of the different meanings. Could you explain the position that each number has? Ie past, future, self ect.

Britney
August 4th, 2011, 04:39 AM
Sure :)
1. Heart of the matter
2. Opposing/secondary factor
3. Root cause, deeper meaning, unconscious influence
4. Past, resolved influence, something to let go
5. Attitudes and beliefs, conscious influence, alternate future
6. Future, approaching influence, unresolved factor
7. Me as I see myself, me as I could be, me as my present self
8. Outside environment, another's point of view, another's expectations
9. Guidance, key factor, hopes and fears, overlooked factor
10. The outcome

Hope I helped :)

Corr
August 4th, 2011, 06:00 AM
So, my interp... But just mine:
First two cards, reckless, and solitude. It isnt a relationship. You and he are engaging in reckless action, ie the knight of swords, this is fun it is great and exciting... But it is crossed with the Hermit, guess what, you are left with the bag. Sorry... Not a relationship. You are holding the light to others. You are showing the current gf what this guy is all about. The Knight of Swords is also the notorious "ladies Man" who turns out to be that guy you wish you shouldnt have. So... Reckless, and probably not a great guy to be with, plus, you are not actually with him, so... moving on...
Page of pents, unstable, starting out, probably one of your first "romantic" situations. Page of pents speaks of an unlasting love. Perhaps this is what you re settling upon because he is what you think is out there, or worse, all that is out there.
Justice... Honestly, I dont care for this card. I hate it in fact. It seems to be something of a throw in, a mixture of multitudes a concession to the Christian Culture that went to far. Useless. But, justice speaks of, well, equality. Perhaps you have been cheated upon. Perhaps you believe this is the cycle of things... You are the other girl. Well, you can easily be that girl whom he is cheating upon. It is demeaning to both parties to engage in nonconsensual polygymous relationships. I think that this particular individual would freak if you had another man on the side, judging by the knight of swords.
Six of cups... There is no place for you here. The happy orphans card, you are merely present in the situation, anyone else would do, but you are shiny and new, useful as a pretty object to this man.
The fool... Telling... Seriously... Just take a moment... Think about the meaning of the Word Fool... I have been the fool more times then I would like to imagine, more times then I choose to believe... more times then I can count... And yet... Here I am, the fool again, on a cliff, thinking, "It's not so high... I might be able to fly..."
The fool and the six of cups scream innocent. The page completes the image. Seriously you are allowing your "youth" to cloud your judgment. Put yourself in the GF's position, What would you feel if he had another girl on the side? Do you believe yourself to be different from the current GF, to thepoint that he wouldnt?
Queen of cups as you see yourself... Honestly, I dont think so. You may see yourself as the matron of your domain but being the girl on the side screams princess of cups to me. At the same time the queen speaks of being loving, tender, or whatever. This is another word for green, new, easily manipulated.
Six of wands speaking to your current situation as the other girl... Great, you've won, but do you want your prize? This Knight? Seriously? Do you want a man who cheats? Do you really want to deal with that, the questions ever itching at the back of your mind, "Did he say that when she called?" "How many dead grandmothers can one guy have?" "What is the deal with his boss, driving him to work so late so often?" Really? IS that the life you want?
Three of wands, waiting for your ships. Excellent, but have you put in the work, or are you waiting for the other girls ships to come in? How much work have you put in, have you ruined your rep in your own social circles by taking what isnt yours? Are you waiting for the blank to hit the fan?
Six of pents, given your due... This is the serious card, you are not given what you deserve from this boy, but rather what is due to you. Not what you are worth, this is beneath you. Dont beg for scraps... Because that is what you will get. Divided attention less then full worth.

So... Your cards speak of an unequal unhealthy relationship. I would recommend moving on, but... That is just me, as one who has been cheated upon, and cheated in equal measure (I'm not perfect) the relationships developed through this method are less then ideal, less then whole, less then what one deserves... They are often abusive, the cheater seeking to assert control over both parties...

I notice there are no inverted cards, do you not work with inverted cards? Do you prefer to shuffle all in a specific manner?

As a... Dude, who has been in both positions... My mundane recommendation is to drop him like an old sock and find something deserving of you. As a reader, Keep him at your own risk. You know what he is about, you know very well that he wont change. IF you become the gf you will be cheated upon. If you drop him you might open yourself to a new and better relationship, or simply open yourself to new growth that will further your development and what not...

Anyhoo...
Hope I helped. If not, terribly sorry.

Britney
August 4th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Now that's a very interesting view on the subject, thanks, there is a lot of truth in your words.
"Perhaps this is what you re settling upon because he is what you think is out there, or worse, all that is out there. " Sooo true :$
Yeah, I don't work with reversed cards, I find it confusing enough as it is, but maybe someday I'll progress :) I really need to dedicate more to tarot studying :D
"Three of wands, waiting for your ships. Excellent, but have you put in the work, or are you waiting for the other girls ships to come in? How much work have you put in, have you ruined your rep in your own social circles by taking what isnt yours? Are you waiting for the blank to hit the fan?"
I was very patient with him, considering that he is probably confused and isn't really sure what to do, so I guess the card relates to that...
"What would you feel if he had another girl on the side? Do you believe yourself to be different from the current GF, to thepoint that he wouldnt? "
Well I'm a dude, so I guess I am different than her :p He's bisexual... or just very confused as I said.

Anyway, thanks again, you really helped me :)

Corr
August 4th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Ah, I was never any good at telling the difference between male and female, made for some interesting conversations at the local bars... Something I need to work on. Umm... More mundane advice, if he's just coming out, or he's just thinking of coming out then chances are he is going to need a lot of "development" time before he is ready for any sort of relationship. Bi guys are notoriously... Er... Guess I should watch this one here, dont over generalize... Bisexuality is difficult for a lot of people to come to terms with. Bisexual men are strange beasts (no offense) you might want to focus on being more of a friend and less of a boyfriend at this point in his life.

And just flip my sex specific nouns to masculine and the interp still stands.

Britney
August 27th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Well, Corr, now when this situation is over... your interpretation was dead on! ;) Totally true and... thank you again. :D