View Full Version : Take a Class with Me?

September 2nd, 2011, 10:25 PM
I know the CoT isn't very active at all. However there are a lot of classes with useful information already in the archives. Now I could just go through the given information on my own but honestly, that's not much fun.

How about a self-run class? Anyone feel up for going through the assignments of a class with me? Sharing the results and learning together? A few of the ones that caught my eye were:

Arts and Crafts (http://mysticwicks.com/forumdisplay.php?99-CoT-Arts-amp-Crafts) - Requires some financial investment into the supplies

Kitchen Witchery (http://mysticwicks.com/forumdisplay.php?343-CoT-Basic-Kitchen-Witchery) - Doesn't seem to require too much in the way of financial investment, more time.

Herbal Healing (http://mysticwicks.com/forumdisplay.php?302-COT-Herbal-Healing) - Quite a long class but something I'm definitely interested in!

Magical Herbs (http://mysticwicks.com/forumdisplay.php?313-CoT-Magical-Herbs) - A shorter class on herbs

Home and Self Organization (http://mysticwicks.com/forumdisplay.php?335-CoT-Home-and-Self-Organization-Class) - This just seems so very useful hehe

Tarot (http://mysticwicks.com/forumdisplay.php?163-CoT-Tarot) - Never taken a formal class on Tarot and this could be very useful!

So that's my list. There were SO many to choose from! If any of those seem interesting let's talk about going through them together. Could be via email, IM, heck we could even make a thread here and share what we're learning.

I like the idea of having an accountability partner so I can stick with whatever course(s) we settle on until the end. Anyone?

September 2nd, 2011, 10:51 PM
I would LOVE to do either herbal class with you. :) Arts and crafts and home/self organisation would also be good. :)

September 3rd, 2011, 10:09 AM
Hey ditto. This would be neat, sort of like a "study group". I ditto for Herbs, Kitchen, organization(aaah i need it so bad too) would not mind arts and crafts. :D

September 3rd, 2011, 10:31 AM
Hey ditto. This would be neat, sort of like a "study group".

That was kind of my thinking lol. You guys have one that you REALLY wanna do? Maybe rate your top three?

September 3rd, 2011, 01:34 PM
I'm reading through them now... Considered and measured... affirmative decision has been reached.

1) home and self organization! I need this so bad. I have a new place to live, system and routine I'm developing. I'm actively trying to accomplish this goal now... it's veerrry had to keep from 'sliding back'. Maybe a class/group effort would help!
2) arts and crafts. I actually think the chosen crafts are very neat, and all things I'd like to know how to do.
3) Herbal Healing intimidates me a bit, lots of time and materials as well; but I think a skill well worth learning.

September 3rd, 2011, 01:39 PM
That was about the order I was thinking as well. Herbal Healing is definitely an interest of mine but I need some more organization as well. I think taking a smaller class/study with people first is a good idea. Personally I love the order that you settled on, that was kind of my order as well.

I don't know what it is about Fall but it always seems to be the time to organize and get good habits/goals. Maybe it's just the back-to-school mentality, maybe it's further back than that... an intuitive knowledge that it's important to get my sh*t together before the winter comes in... either way. I like the harness that energy this time of year.

That sound ok to you ClareJulissa?

Assuming she's on board when do you want to start?

September 3rd, 2011, 01:43 PM
I'm really keen on both the herbal classes, so whichever you two like the best is okay with me. :)

Second, I'd probably go with the Kitchen Witchery.

And third, arts and crafts.

If we get to it, as well, I'd love to do the Tarot class, but that's not really my top priority.

I haven't looked at them really in-depth, but they all sound really cool.

September 3rd, 2011, 02:00 PM
My only hesitation in starting with a herbal class is that both seem to take a lot of time investment and that might not be the best way to go start. Personally I'd really like to start with organization.

My top three would be:

Kitchen Organization/Witchery (I don't know that I can pick between the two and would be sorely tempted to do both at the same time!)

Arts and Crafts

September 3rd, 2011, 02:01 PM
Okay, I'm game for kitchen witchery and organisation. :) I could probably use the latter...

September 3rd, 2011, 02:59 PM
Neat. Sooo if organize is on all of our top's... then... should we start there?
Can we organize @.@

September 3rd, 2011, 03:03 PM
Yes, let's start there, and maybe with the kitchen witchery at the same time.

September 3rd, 2011, 03:07 PM
I'd be down for that. So.. couple things.

Do we want to use a thread on here to report back in on how we did? Or get an email group going?

How long do we want to give ourselves to do the lessons? I'm thinking a week, two at most. And longer and we'll lose steam, too much shorter and we'll burn out.

September 3rd, 2011, 03:09 PM
I vote for an email group. How about Google Groups? I really like those.

Two weeks sounds good for lessons. I have some competitions coming up, as well as school, so it'll make it a ton easier for me to have more time.

September 3rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
Oohh good idea. I've set up a group if y'all want to private message me your email address so I can invite you.

And to anyone else whose wanting to join please private message me too!

September 6th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Im interested in most of these classes, but I'm still having a little trouble navigating this site. I hope I can find the archived articles that we will discuss. I do not have IM, but I do Skype (for other skype members, its free). Please keep me updated. Most interested in anything that includes learning.

Sage (most organized!)

September 6th, 2011, 09:29 AM
My email is sagehawk11111@hotmail.com. I think I have a gmail address but I need to find it. Oh yeah, i'm really organized, lol.

September 6th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Gmail would be nice. MW goes down sometimes ;-; (i.e. past few days). Tough, for the herbal classes the advantage of doing a thread here is so that more experienced people could interject if say were were almost-gonna-accidntaly-poison eek! lol.

Organization would be a good email though, don't want to embarrass myself in front of everyone with my really really messy room!

September 12th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Organization is always a good place to start, works for me.

September 12th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Hey guys -

Sorry, but I'm going to have to back out. School just started again and I underestimated how bad it was going to be. HATE junior year so far...

September 13th, 2011, 05:10 AM
merp. Sorry to loose you, but totally understand! School is number one!!! Good luck dear!

Are others finding themselves to busy? Have not seen much activity on the gmail group. who is still around?

September 13th, 2011, 05:59 AM
I would be down for either herbal class, I am good on the organization though. I blame OCD... lol.

Edit: Hopefully, I wont have too much to catch up on though. :))

September 14th, 2011, 01:11 PM
I'm still around... I posted up my organizational methods I'll be using and plan to take pictures of the kitchen witchery stuff soon!

Tahroh did you want to PM me your address so I can add you to the Google Group?

September 14th, 2011, 03:34 PM
We are still in beginning phases. :) Don't worry Tahroh, and its still a very small crew.

September 14th, 2011, 07:58 PM

September 15th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Hey, gang. Just found this thread and might be interested in doing the Kitchen Witch class with folks. I admit I'm still on the fence, but I'm poking my head in just in case.

September 15th, 2011, 10:43 AM
We'd love to have you! The Kitchen Witchery part of the "study group" is still in the early stages. I need to sit down and take pics of what I've come up with. If you want to see what the group has PM me your address to join the Google Group.

October 9th, 2011, 09:15 PM
I'm late but is there room for one more??

October 9th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Totally, it's been a bit quiet but I'd still be game to keep going. PM me your address and I'll add you to the study group!

October 10th, 2011, 02:01 PM
yay. we could use some more action :)

October 10th, 2011, 02:34 PM
yay. we could use some more action :)

*giggles like a twelve year old*

El Hannesh
October 18th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Wow, I didn't think anyone was doing classes anymore, I would so love to jump on board if it isn't too late. :boing:
So need organization in my life.

October 18th, 2011, 10:59 PM
It's unofficial but if you're interested PM me your email addy!

October 20th, 2011, 04:48 AM

I'm very interested in going through a few courses with a group or another person... I hope I'm not too late!

I'm looking into these:
- Elemental Magic
- Magical Herbs
- Candle Magic
- Tarot

Not necessarily in any order, just all areas in which I am very interested.
Let me know what you all think!

October 20th, 2011, 10:36 AM
I'd actually be really interested in those as well. As far as I can tell the Elemental Magic class only has a single lesson :\ But the Candle Magic and Magical Herbs look to have a fair few. I'd like to do both, what would you like to start with? And would anyone in the group like to chime in on what they'd like out of the two? (it's been a bit quiet lately)

M!ka, PM me your email and I'll add you to the Study Group!

October 20th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Hey aynfean, I think I'm leaning more towards candle magic to start with. What do you think?
I'll PM you my email now!

I am very excited :) !

October 21st, 2011, 12:06 AM
I'm game for Candle Magick.

Anyone else?

October 21st, 2011, 09:12 AM
Hey aynfean, do you think we should wait about a week or so to give time for others who may be interested?

I'd love to start it on my 21st Birthday (25th October ;) )

Let me know what you think xx

October 21st, 2011, 11:22 AM
Heh we could use that as our start day sure :) What we do is give say a week or two to do the lesson, then post our assignments. The idea is that if we had trouble or what not we'd ask within the group.

El Hannesh
October 21st, 2011, 12:54 PM
Ooh Candle magic or herbs sounds fun as well. Whichever the majority would like, as I'd expect us to cover them both eventually.

October 21st, 2011, 01:40 PM
Yeah, we should pay attention to how far the original class went before we start neh? ;P

October 21st, 2011, 01:42 PM
Lol yeah. I double checked the candle magic class is definitely complete and the herbal class looks complete as well.

October 21st, 2011, 07:27 PM
Sounds like we have ourselves a plan!!!

El Hannesh
October 23rd, 2011, 09:21 PM
So exciting! I can't wait.

October 28th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Have you guys started the candle magic class yet? I'd love to jump on board if you guys don't mind one more. Trying to get back into the swing of things. Once my coven disbanded, my practice went on the back burner in exchange for work and college.

October 28th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Just started like two days ago. PM me your email and I can add you to the Google Study Group :D