PDA

View Full Version : ~Chicago~

CloakofStars9
March 13th, 2003, 06:36 PM
so what does everyone think about the movie???

i always wanted to see the play but have never gotten the chance, however i LOVED the movie!!! i have seen it 3 times and am getting the soundtrack!

when i first heard who was gonna be in it i was like what!?:confused:

but i was totally impressed with everyones performance!

my favorite scene is def. the Cell Block Tango!!!

its going down as a classic in my book ;)

MammaStar
March 13th, 2003, 07:33 PM
I saw it a few weeks ago. I thought I posted about it, but I can't find it right now. *grumbles at the search button*

Anyhoo....it was one of the first movies that I wanted to just JUMP out of my chair and applaud after every number. It was great. I sat there thinking "i haven't seen this play why????" :lol:

My favorite was Queen Latifah's number. She's so great. They all did wonderfully in it. I was even impresed by Richard Gere's singing ability. :D

WtchyChick13
March 13th, 2003, 08:06 PM
I can't wait to see it! I've loved the music for years, but I've never seen it.

By the way Ldy, it's playing right now at WBT! (Shorter trip than the city AND you get dinner! :lol: )

Cinnamon Girl
March 13th, 2003, 11:02 PM
I saw the movie too and Star, agree with all that you said - even Richard Gere was impressive! I don't usually like any of the main actors (except Queen Latifah) but they were all amazing.

I went and bought the soundtrack and would love to see it live one day!

WtchyChick13
March 13th, 2003, 11:29 PM
I know I've said in the movie musicals thread, but I'll say it here too because this movie obviously deserves its own recognition...

The one thing I love about the cast of this movie is that most of them have gone back to their theater roots.

Richard Gere started out on Broadway in Grease in the 70's and Catherine Zeta-Jones was big in European theater.

It's so great that they were able to showcase their abilities in this way. :)

Djiril
March 14th, 2003, 01:53 AM
Loved it loved it loved it loved it loved it!
:hearteyes :heartthro :hearteyes :heartthro :hearteyes :heartthro

My favorite number was also the Cell Block Tango. It made my want to get into theatre again.

CloakofStars9
March 14th, 2003, 02:16 PM
did any of you see the VH1 behind the movie on Chicago??

it was awesome!

i taped it ;)

Raydreamer
April 3rd, 2003, 09:11 AM
That was a really good movie, but then i like good musicals. I couldn't find anyone to go to the cinema to watch it with me though. My brother was moaning at me that it would be really silly....but then again if something doesn't genetically modify or if reality isn't questioned or if something sci-fi doesn't blow up...he's not interested! I took my Dad in the end and he loved it too!