PDA

View Full Version : Any Ostara plans with your family?

Faery-Wings
March 19th, 2003, 08:33 AM
I love Ostara and its feeling of new beginnings. :)

I have a few new recipes I want to try out for a special dinner Friday. If the weather cooperates, I'll take the kids out to see if we can see any signs of spring. The weather has been beautiful the last few days but it is getting colder again. I also have big plans to get tot he craft store and pick up some wooden eggs and paint and bless them.

Do you do anything special to celebrate?

Faery-Wings
March 21st, 2003, 08:49 AM
No one has any special plans they would like to share? :( Oh well, maybe if I go first...

While the kids are at school, I am going to ritually and physically going to clean my house. For dinner,I am making egg shaped swedish meatballs and popovers, both recipes taken from The Kitchen Witches Cookbook, by Patricia Telesco. I told the kids we are having a Welcome Spring Party. It is warm, but very heavy rains today (my basement is flooding :wah:) so the nature hike is out. But we'll spend some time talking about what we will see happening over the next few weeks and months.

I still hope to find a yummy dessert to cook (or buy!) and I am going to find some Spring topic books to read to the kids.

crystal_night
March 22nd, 2003, 01:44 PM
I didn't make any plans, things have been pretty hectic around here. If you really want to know what ended up happening last night, I had five mormons in my living room and I went to bed early LOL (My husband is of the mormon faith). Was hoping to be able to do something today but doesn't look very promising either, but we will at least get to go outside and spend the day n nature.