PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings Triva!!

CloakofStars9
March 24th, 2003, 01:47 PM
how well do u know LOTR??

http://www.cool-movie-trivia.com/Lord.htm

<~~ got 48 out of 50:D :D

Yvonne Belisle
March 24th, 2003, 06:06 PM
Here is a little trivia special for Ldystarlite

In one scene in The Two Towers Aragorn (played by Viggo Mortensen) comes across some burning bodies which he thinks are Hobbits. Peter Jackson, the film's director, suggested that Mortensen kick one of the helmets in frustration.
"On the fifth take, Viggo kicked the helmet, screamed, clenched his fists and dropped to his knees," Jackson recalled. "I thought he was just doing some powerful acting. But then I noticed after I said 'cut' that he wasn't saying anything. Finally, he did the next scene limping."

With the scene out of the way, Jackson had Mortensen take off his boot: "His toes were broken. Normally, an actor would yell 'ow' if they hurt themselves, and stop the scene. Viggo turned a broken toe into a performance that's a great moment in the film..."

[Mortensen, who also lost a tooth in a fight sequence during The Fellowship of the Ring, was so engrossed by his character that Jackson once addressed him as Aragorn for half an hour without Viggo noticing.]

[Trivia: The large murals seen in A Perfect Murder were actually painted by Mortensen.]

MammaStar
March 24th, 2003, 08:13 PM
Because Viggo is a beautiful man and why I never knew this before he played my Beloved King Aragorn, I'll never know!!!! :lol: *Le sigh* He's soooooooooooooo...uh...just family board. ;)

I took the quiz and got a 48 out of 50 too. I'm very disappointed with myself. :lol:

Edit to add: my son took the quiz. We figured out the question that tripped us up. The "who touched the ring question" won't tell the answer here so as not to spoil it for anyone. J-man got a 48 out of 50 as well. :D

Ravensecho
April 19th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Thats pretty cool info on Vigo...I was a fan way back...when he played Satan in the PROPHECY.
Ill go take the quiz and see how I do all.