PDA

View Full Version : Anime

fire_Raven
January 11th, 2003, 04:35 PM
i jut want to check how many anime fans we've got going in here...
some of my person favs are
Tri-gun
Evangelion
Kenshin
Salior moon (what? don't look at me like that....)
and so on...

Mithrea
January 11th, 2003, 04:49 PM
*waits for Radocs to post*

Flaire-FireStar
January 11th, 2003, 06:20 PM
<------------ Escaflowne. *drool*

I liked the first two seasons of SM.... But the others just didnt' grab my interest as much. *shrug*

Oh, and CardCaptors. :) That one's cute.

fire_Raven
January 11th, 2003, 07:45 PM
i liked card captors for a while, and i still haven't seen excaflowne... i need to go beat my cousin with a wet noodle... he was supposed to let me barrow it, cause his girlfriend said i could after he was done with it... i also need to confenscate the Tri-gun box set form him -_-

Flaire-FireStar
January 11th, 2003, 07:47 PM
I haven't been able to follow the second part of CardCaptors (where Sakura has to change all the Clow cards to Star cards) :huh: Ugh. But I guess that's what happens when they show a few episodes of that part, then go back to the very beginning again!

fire_Raven
January 11th, 2003, 08:26 PM
i can neer acctualyl find it on any more ><

Flaire-FireStar
January 11th, 2003, 08:28 PM
We have it on Teletoon up here, but I'm not sure if you'd get that in the States. :rolleyes:

fire_Raven
January 11th, 2003, 08:29 PM
we've got cartoon network...
but it wasn't on there... it was on the WB i beleive...

Sequoia
January 11th, 2003, 09:38 PM
I :heartthro escaflowne! And anime in general. . . *chuckles* I also have a thing for Outlaw Star, was at one point a HUGE BSSM otaku, have a soft spot for Miyu. . . *chuckles* oh! And Lain! Serial Experiments Lain! It rules!! :D

(I like many more, but I'm aweful at naming all the series. OOH MKR! Definately MKR! )

MammaStar
January 11th, 2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Mithrea
*waits for Radocs to post*

sits next to Mithrea waiting for Kaylara to post. ;)

fire_Raven
January 11th, 2003, 10:02 PM
hehe, looks liek the anime fanatics are already known... i be one... and proudly too ^_^

Flaire-FireStar
January 11th, 2003, 11:20 PM
Ohh....I love the MKR manga, though haven't had the pleasure of seeing the anime. (I'd like to see Utena too!) :)

Oh! Forgot to mention... Fushigi Yugi ~ the little bit that I have seen was awesome. :)

fire_Raven
January 12th, 2003, 01:33 AM
Manga.. hehe that my drawing style... sorta

... mayeb i should put my comic strip link on my profile...

Radocs
January 12th, 2003, 03:47 AM
This is the thread I've been waiting for! Huzzah!

I love anime. It's practically the only thing I'll turn my TV on for these days. My favorites:

Cowboy Bebop: In my own personal opinion it's the best series out there. I love the characters (Spike is my hero), I LOVE the music (Yoko Kanno is awesome) and I love the story. The Cowboy Bebop movie comes out in (some) theatres March 13th! WOOO! It's already my favorite movie!

TriGun: I love it nearly as much as I like CB. The characters, the plot, the animation... all great. Did you know that the guitarist from The Seatbelts (group that did a lot of the CB music) wrote a lot of the music for TriGun?

Record of Lodoss War: A great fantasy series and more music by Yoko Kanno!

Outlaw Star: I dig the sci-fi/western animes don't I?

Hellsing: I love it but the third DVD is terrible.

Yu Yu Hakusho: A great, funny series!

Gundam 0083: Possibly the only Gundam series I really enjoyed.

Tenchi Muyo!: Funny funny funny! And Ryoko is a badass character. Can't wait for the next series...

There are lots more but it's late and I'm tired.

fire_Raven
January 12th, 2003, 04:18 AM
CBBB (cb?) i love CBBB (cb?) Fae is such a slut *growl* but spyke is awesome and i love ed!! though the epdisoe with the fat man and the carnival scared me! *shiver* once on adult swim al lthey played was cowboy beebop like it was meant for my to see... thoug hthey didn't play anyhitng in order it went 2,3 6, 27, 15, something liek that

Trigun- Vash is SUCH a Spaz! I LOVE him! he's all inchworm crawling across the floor to get to that one chick who was tied up and hangning form the ceiling... hehehe ^_^

and don't forget Inuyasha ^_^ my best guy friend and i have this thing... i'm allowed to use the Sitboy curse agains him... one he was walking down the hall and he said something remotely mean and i was like hey Jonathan!" he goes "what now?"
"SIT BOY" and he litterally just colapsed, then we both laughed and weren't mad any more... hehe his guy friend perked a borw at him and he's all
"only she can do that"
i love inyuyasha!!

Brightest Blessings!
-Raven

Psyche Ague
January 12th, 2003, 05:00 AM
COWBOY BEBOP!!! Faye is my personal hero (forget the fact that she is a total b**ch (okay, wait, that's one of her best qualities...)! Spike and Jet and Ed and Ein are awesome, too, of course. ;) Yeah, CB is my favorite anime to date.

I also like:
TriGun (Domo, Radocs! :D)
Outlaw Star
Record of Lodoss War (Pah-pah Parn!)
Tenchi Muyo!
Evangelion
*whispers* Sailor Moon (okay, okay, it's how I started into the world of anime...)

Pan
January 14th, 2003, 01:16 AM
Ronin Warriors (Yoroiden Samurai Troopers)
BSSM (Sailor Moon.. love the Stars series)
Tenchi Muyo (love Ryoko)
Record of Lodoss War
Legend of Heroic Knight
Serial Experiments Lain
Love Hina
Excel Saga
Ranma 1/2
Inu Yasha
My Neighbor Totoro
Haunted Junction
Angel Sanctuary
MKR
FY
Mahou Tsukai Tai
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Peach Girl (manga ;))

I believe there's more, but I can't remember them all!!

fire_Raven
January 15th, 2003, 01:00 AM
Mega tokyo!!!!
anyone fluent in L337?

Tri-gun- i LOOOVE Wolfwood ^_^ interesting place to keep a crapload of guns...
but why for does ... i forget the girl dressed in white's name... use single shot luggers.. they are sooo wastefull.. its... its jsut horrid!

Radocs
January 15th, 2003, 01:58 AM
Meryl and she shoots Derringers.

fire_Raven
January 15th, 2003, 01:59 AM
its still sooo waste full... teehee and i knew that!!!

Kaylara
January 15th, 2003, 01:21 PM
INU YASHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*smiles at Ldystarlite*
You know me waaaay too well. Did I tell you that I'm learning Japanese?

I am a big Anime Fan...

*runs to hunt down other threads and move them*

Kaylara

fire_Raven
January 18th, 2003, 07:52 PM
muaha! i love inuyahsa because i get to use the sitboy curse on a friend of mine with permission per say him ^_^ that show is awesome!!! and Inu is pretty ^_^

Radocs
January 20th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Just started watching the Berserk series and I'm liking it a lot. It's bloody but well done.

Psyche Ague
January 20th, 2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Radocs
It's bloody but well done.
Sounds like a steak...:D

(Sorry, couldn't resist!!!)

fire_Raven
January 21st, 2003, 12:37 AM
i dun like welldone stake though... must be verryyy rare ^_^ jus tbring me deh cow, and i'll kill it myself...

Haruka2077
March 26th, 2003, 05:38 PM
I noticed a lot of anime avatars while lurking around here... How many of you are anime fans, and what's your favorite? Mine is Revolutionary Girl Utena (as you'll seen as soon as I can get my avatar small enough), and I just watched Neon Genesis Evangelion over the weekend. I loved it, up til the last 2 episodes, but I'm told that the real ending is in the movies, which I don't have. *shrug*
Sorry for the ramble, just curious. *smile*

Erincelt
March 26th, 2003, 06:46 PM
Anime == lifeblood. ;) Okay not really... but.. yeah.

I don't know that I really have a favorite per se.. its all good.. but NGE is definitely one of the best.

Flaire-FireStar
March 26th, 2003, 10:16 PM
:lol: Escaflowne here...But if I use my Folken av, I get accused of being a guy.. :p

Soooooooooooooooooooo..... I have Momo Adachi (Peach Girl) av instead. ;)

Sequoia
March 26th, 2003, 11:16 PM
I :heartthro anime. :D love almost any I can get my hands on. I'm especially addicted to those beautiful imported manga artbooks. . . mmm. So far I've only got the BSSM Materials Collection, and one of the Angel Sanctuary artbooks. . . . but still. :D *happy girl*

Chibi-Fallon
March 27th, 2003, 12:09 AM
Anime is the best! :D I don't think I could pick out a favorite...

WtchyChick13
March 27th, 2003, 02:58 AM
There is already an Anime thread in this forum: http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23171&highlight=anime

If one of the admins could merge these two that would be great. ;)

Haruka2077
March 27th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Sorry, didn't see it- I just discovered I only have threads from the last day showing...

mol
March 27th, 2003, 05:06 PM
Threads have been merged!

WtchyChick13
March 27th, 2003, 06:12 PM
Sorry, didn't see it- I just discovered I only have threads from the last day showing...

Don't feel bad--at the bottom of each forum there is a "search" function. You can check to see if a thread has been started first before starting a new one. ;)

So go and have some fun!!! :)

Haruka2077
March 27th, 2003, 07:51 PM
[B]
*whispers* Sailor Moon (okay, okay, it's how I started into the world of anime...)

Me too, and I still watch and love it. Haruka and Michiru are my favorite couple of ALL time. *romantic sigh*
Oh, and the Gunsmith Cats anime and manga is KICK ASS for anyone who hasn't seen it and likes chicks with guns. :D

Chibi-Fallon
March 27th, 2003, 08:11 PM
I wanted to be Haruka from BSSM so bad for the longest time. She's so pretty and has the perfect girlfriend, and she can make that whole one earing thing look good. Okay so maybe I still want to be her. :D

Sequoia
March 27th, 2003, 10:06 PM
You want to be her. I just plain want her. :bigredgri

Flaire-FireStar
March 27th, 2003, 10:45 PM
8O

I'd probably find Haruka to be too much for me... I'll settle for Mako. :lol:!!

Haruka2077
March 28th, 2003, 09:46 PM
Makoto is my second favorite Sailor Scout after Haruka- I looooove the episode where she has a "crush" on Haruka. It's funny to watch all the Scouts go crazy over Makoto "changing her choice"! *giggle*

Flaire-FireStar
March 28th, 2003, 11:08 PM
:lol: Definitely a classic!

Chibi-Fallon
March 29th, 2003, 12:51 AM
:lol: I know. I loved that episode! I think I wouldn't mind dating Makoto either. 8O She's cute too. The only strange thing is that I look just like her (naturally), only really really short. :D
Makoto is my favorite inner senshi and Haruka is my favorite outer senshi.
Her and Ayeka from "Tenchi Muyo". I don't know why, I just think she's so darling. :o

mol
March 29th, 2003, 05:30 PM
I will never understand the fascination with anime. :)

Haruka2077
March 29th, 2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by mol

I will never understand the fascination with anime. :)

Cute chicks, more interesting plot than western animation, cute chicks, great artwork, cute chicks, interesting cultural references, cute chicks, cute chicks with guns, cute chicks half-naked, cute chick with cute girlfriends...
*falls over into a puddle of her own drool*

OK, maybe that's a bit superficial, but it doesn't hurt! :D

Armitage
March 30th, 2003, 06:31 PM
Mol: Not to mention they seem to be real good at the whole screw-with-your-head thing. Akira...Lain...Ghost in the Shell...Eva...Any movie that gets that existential, animated or no, rocks.

Radocs
August 11th, 2003, 05:57 PM
*bump*

CelestiaSynth
August 12th, 2003, 04:40 PM
I'm a newer fan of anime, I guess you could say.
I grew up loving Salior Moon until it was taken off the air ::shakes fist at tv!::
I really didn't develop a deeper interest in it until high school, because so many of my friends were anime geeks to the nth degree.
We actually had a club in school that we called "Area 51", but we introduced to the school as a "gamers' club" so it could be accepted as something more academic, but it wasn't chess! It was the only time and place on school grounds we could play video games, card games like MTG, and watch cartoons without getting into trouble, and we mainly watched anime like DBZ, Evangelion, Inuyasha, etc. At home, I try to watch Cowboy Bebop and Trigun, but it can be a trial because my day is always watching some sports at the time. I have to say that DBZ is my favorite though. I'm way too hooked on it.

StarFox
August 13th, 2003, 02:34 AM
.hack/Sign
Inuyasha
Zoids Zero
Zoids Chaotic Century
Ruroni Kenshin
Outlaw Star
Trigun
Cowbow Bebop
Pokemon
Digimon
Yu-gi-oh (sp)

:hearteyes I LOVE ANIME!!!:hearteyes

.hack//Sign's my fav. Got Pt. one of the game, Will have all 4 soon as they're all out.

The only good cartoons on the air anymore are anime.

StarFox
August 13th, 2003, 02:50 AM
I hate the way CTN cuts Inu Yasha off at "Kagome, kidnaped by Koga the wolf demon." and never shows the ep that comes next. I hope they dont change the character voises when they finaly do show the next ones, like they did with DBZ. That really sucked.

:hearteyes I LOVE ANIME!!! :hearteyes

StarFox
August 13th, 2003, 03:12 AM
O forgot

Kikider (sp)
Big O
Cyborg 009

...there might be more. I cant think of them all, there are so many I love. There seems to be an obsession with robots, cyborgs and demons among anime creators. Anyone else notice this? LoL. :D

:fpraiseyo ANIME :fpraiseyo

SylverStar
August 13th, 2003, 04:56 AM
I really like Escaflowne and Princess Mononoke

I've also watched Uthena, Evangelion, Lain, Jin-Roe, Sailor Moon and a few others I can't remember the names of.

Oh and because I was curious I watched an episode of La Blue Girl (one of are MWer's names) Which I have to say was quite..uh...well interesting. :lol:

CelestiaSynth
August 13th, 2003, 02:34 PM
I hate the way CTN cuts Inu Yasha off at "Kagome, kidnaped by Koga the wolf demon." and never shows the ep that comes next.

:hearteyes I LOVE ANIME!!! :hearteyes

I know! I can't stand when they do that! Inuyasha is the only anime my dad actually watched, so when they cut it off, he was like "Awww, crap. Oh well, now I can just watch more football." So now its hard to watch anything.

Armitage
August 14th, 2003, 01:34 AM
FLCL!!! Just caught THAT particular brand of insanity tonight. WOW. *addicted*

Radocs
August 14th, 2003, 08:12 AM
FLCL!!! Just caught THAT particular brand of insanity tonight. WOW. *addicted*

Yeah I've been watching it as often as possible. Too bad there are only 6 episodes. :(

StarFox
August 14th, 2003, 11:38 AM
Saw Fooly Cooly for the first time last night. :confused: Ok, that one was strange. Some of these anime are just so weird they dont really seem to have a point to them, but for some even stranger reason they are still addicting.

Also watched Blue Gender (Both those are new to me.) our sat's been out for almost a month, {{.hack}} (Cries for missed episodes so near the end.) But the fates have shown they are not always unkind. My grandparents-inlaw, who live half a mile away or less, have left the care of their pets in my hands while they are gone. And they have the same sat surv as we do and always leave their sat on when they leave. (HAPPY :D) So now I wont miss the final eps of .hack/Sign. Im so happy I could :wah: but in a good way :crylaugh: .

Crystal_Raye
August 21st, 2003, 12:47 PM
I love just about any anime I can get my hands on. Sailor Moon, DBZ, Fooly Cooly, Trigun, Escaflowne, Tenchi Muyo, Cardcaptors, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Yu YuHakusho, Ruroni Kenshin, Big O, Piolet Candidate, YuGiOh, and Mon Collie Knights are my favorites. I think I got 'em all. Oh yeah Inuyasha, Vampire Princess Miyu, and Digimon. As you can see I'm totally anime-obsessed and proud of it. So anyone want to chat?

Crystal_Raye
August 21st, 2003, 12:53 PM
I know! I can't stand when they do that! Inuyasha is the only anime my dad actually watched, so when they cut it off, he was like "Awww, crap. Oh well, now I can just watch more football." So now its hard to watch anything.

Well I have some good for you. Cartoon Network is going to play the rest of the episodes on August 25th. I wish I could stay up to see it but it'll be a school night. Why can't they have Adult Swim on Saturday nights like they used to? I hope they relize they've lost and are losing thousands of viewers.

Flaire-FireStar
August 21st, 2003, 05:25 PM
*dances about* I'm starting to get addicted to Record of Lodoss War.. I got a tape on vacation, but now I want to watch more of it. :bigredgri

CelestiaSynth
August 21st, 2003, 05:33 PM
Well I have some good for you. Cartoon Network is going to play the rest of the episodes on August 25th. I wish I could stay up to see it but it'll be a school night. Why can't they have Adult Swim on Saturday nights like they used to? I hope they relize they've lost and are losing thousands of viewers.

Great! Now I can finally see the rest of it, and my dad can stop complaining.

Radocs
August 21st, 2003, 05:46 PM
*dances about* I'm starting to get addicted to Record of Lodoss War.. I got a tape on vacation, but now I want to watch more of it. :bigredgri

I've got the entire TV series on DVD. It's quite good!

Flaire-FireStar
August 21st, 2003, 09:46 PM
I've got the entire TV series on DVD. It's quite good!

*cling* :D

FaerySong
August 23rd, 2003, 09:21 PM
<----- InuYasha :D, Rurouni Kenshin :D, Sorcerer Hunters :D, some Tenchi Muyo!, uhh the Ah My Goddess! movie, too many. lol

Saiya
August 25th, 2003, 07:39 PM
Ranma 1/2 and Gravitation are my favorites right now... Fruits Basket isn't too bad! Yuki turns into a mouse! *huggles him and watches him change*

Radocs
August 25th, 2003, 08:14 PM
So, has anybody seen Berserk?

PhoenixFire
August 28th, 2003, 06:15 PM
All the Anime I watch? Humm...

Inuyasha
.hack/Sign
Zoids New Century/ 0
Zoids Chaotic Century
Zoids Guardian Force
Rurouni Kenshin
Trigun
Outlaw Star
Cowboy BeBop
Blue Gender
Pokemon
Digimon
Cyborg 009
Yu Yu Hakusho
Big O
Card Captors
Yu-gi-oh
Fooly Cooly
Bay Blades

I know there are more, but I cant think of them all. Later maybe. :lol:

FeatherGoblinglimmer
September 1st, 2003, 08:55 AM
oooohhh...I love anime. :heartthro Its great. My boyfriend has so much of it i'm gonna be forever watching it. Some of my current favourites are Love Hina, Eva, Escaflowne, Oh! My Goddess( Belldandy is soo nice, in a nice person way. Altough she is cute), Sister Princess, Ranma, Kenshin, Noir.It's gr8 to find somewhere that actually talks about it. Most anime" rooms or forums" never say anything and that is so annoying :bastard:
Sarah***

Radocs
September 1st, 2003, 09:33 AM
I was thinking about picking upa DVD of Noir... is it pretty good?

FeatherGoblinglimmer
September 1st, 2003, 12:37 PM
[COLOR=darkorchid][COLOR=darkorchid][FONT=georgia]Hey, I thought Noir was quite good.It doesn't make an amazing amount of sense at first but it soon gets going. erm..Do you have Msn messenger? I might be able to upload an episode of it through file share, then you can decide for yourself :thief:

Aidron
September 1st, 2003, 02:26 PM
I would not consider myself an anime fan, as there are some series and/or movies that simply make me sick. They appear to be nothing more than an animated soap opera, with nothing but melodrama and character 'issues' around every corner, which I admit, can be pleasant for a cartoon, but too much is too much.

A few that I do like though are:

Cardcatpors
Inuyasha (You know, I am probably spelling that wrong...)

Hmm, well I know there are other shows I do like, but Hecate only knows what they are. Blast my terrible memory.

I could name probably five that I detest though. However, I won't go there. :lol:

AnimeObsession
September 1st, 2003, 06:02 PM
A few that I do like though are:

Cardcatpors
Inuyasha (You know, I am probably spelling that wrong...)

Hmm, well I know there are other shows I do like, but Hecate only knows what they are. Blast my terrible memory.

I could name probably five that I detest though. However, I won't go there. :lol:

Well, if you like Inuyasha, you might like: Kenshin/Trigun/Cowboy Bebop/Zoids/&Outlaw Star. :thumbsup:. If these are some you already watch then great, just thought i'd offer anyway. ;)

AnimeObsession
September 1st, 2003, 06:04 PM
How could i forget Yu-gi-oh? well there's another 4 ya.

SylverStar
September 1st, 2003, 06:42 PM
I saw the first episode of Noir. It was interesting but not really my thing. My roommate said that it gets better though. Hmm don't know. I might have to watch but it's at the bottom of my list. Akira is next.

Radocs
September 1st, 2003, 08:38 PM
[COLOR=darkorchid][COLOR=darkorchid][FONT=georgia]Hey, I thought Noir was quite good.It doesn't make an amazing amount of sense at first but it soon gets going. erm..Do you have Msn messenger? I might be able to upload an episode of it through file share, then you can decide for yourself :thief:

Nope, don't have MSN messenger. Just AIM.

Aidron
September 1st, 2003, 09:20 PM
Well, if you like Inuyasha, you might like: Kenshin/Trigun/Cowboy Bebop/Zoids/&Outlaw Star. :thumbsup:. If these are some you already watch then great, just thought i'd offer anyway. ;)

I've tried watching all of those, and whenever I attempt to watch something new I will normally watch at least 5 episodes or so before I make a judgment call.

Personally, I couldn't really stomach any of those, except for Kenshin, which I'll watch occassionally.

Don't even get me started on Yu-Gi-Oh though people. :lol:

FeatherGoblinglimmer
September 2nd, 2003, 05:22 AM
AIM? whats that? :huh:

Radocs
September 2nd, 2003, 06:07 AM
AIM? whats that? :huh:

AIM = AOL Instant Messenger. ;)

FeatherGoblinglimmer
September 2nd, 2003, 06:44 AM
Ahh, i don't have that.Thank you :farmerjoe

Flaire-FireStar
September 2nd, 2003, 11:29 PM
I would not consider myself an anime fan, as there are some series and/or movies that simply make me sick. They appear to be nothing more than an animated soap opera, with nothing but melodrama and character 'issues' around every corner, which I admit, can be pleasant for a cartoon, but too much is too much.

I know what you mean... :2G:

As much as I liked the first 2 seasons of *cough* Sailor Moon *cough*, I couldn't stand to watch the rest of the series (except for maybe Stars, subtitled..:rolleyes: ) because it just got too cheesy for me. :geez:

Ah well... :)

Haruka2077
September 3rd, 2003, 07:19 AM

As much as I liked the first 2 seasons of *cough* Sailor Moon *cough*, I couldn't stand to watch the rest of the series (except for maybe Stars, subtitled..:rolleyes: ) because it just got too cheesy for me. :geez:

But... But... Sailor Moon S! Haruka and Michiru! How can you miss that? (in subtitles of course- otherwise they're cousins :razz: )

Aidron
September 3rd, 2003, 07:46 AM

Do not even get me STARTED on Sailor Moon.

I concur, the first two seasons were wonderful, but after that it was like some bad Power Rangers knock off. New powers ever season, new enemy, new transformations. Sheesh.

I saw a few episodes of one season, one where her and that lil' kid (god I hated her) would transform and it would take them like, 4 minutes literally and it was all hearts and love and ugh. What the...? :rolleyes:

Flaire-FireStar
September 4th, 2003, 11:59 PM
But... But... Sailor Moon S! Haruka and Michiru! How can you miss that? (in subtitles of course- otherwise they're cousins :razz: )

I haven't seen S subbed :(
Is there more of Haruka & Michiru?

Do not even get me STARTED on Sailor Moon.

I concur, the first two seasons were wonderful, but after that it was like some bad Power Rangers knock off. New powers ever season, new enemy, new transformations. Sheesh.

I saw a few episodes of one season, one where her and that lil' kid (god I hated her) would transform and it would take them like, 4 minutes literally and it was all hearts and love and ugh. What the...?

That would have been SuperS :rolleyes: Blech. I couldn't sit through that one.....even though Hawk Eye <IS> hot.. :T It was just sappy thing after another.
PLUS, they changed the transformation "phrase" (I think) and the attacks that Sailor Moon did, so it sounded incredibly stupid. :geez:

(And you're not the only one who hated Chibi Usa... she's at the bottom on my favorites list. :wtf: )

SylverStar
September 5th, 2003, 12:14 AM

The cousin's thing is kind of twisted in a way. I mean cousin's that are lovers. Now thats a little wrong.

Haruka2077
September 5th, 2003, 07:11 AM
I haven't seen S subbed :(
Is there more of Haruka & Michiru?

Yes! Lots. And there's this cute little special, I'm not sure where it fits in chronologically, with Haruka and Michiru where you see just how much Haruka really loves her... *romantic sigh* Of course, the best scene with them is at the end of Stars- I bawled my eyes out.
I have to add that, apart from the first few episodes that got me into it, I have never watch the dubbed version of Sailor Moon. I tried to watch one of my SM DVDs on dub so a friend could listen to it, and I nearly threw up. So I can't comment much on the changes, although I know the translations can be VASTLY different, they change the storyline sometimes (such as making H&M cousins- how did they DO that, anyway? they must have changed a LOT of dialogue), and eliminate a lot of the cultural references. All in an attempt to make it "intelligible" and "appropriate" for an American audience. :sick:

hehe Yes, I am a subtitle Nazi. :rolleyes:

SylverStar
September 5th, 2003, 08:55 AM
hehe Yes, I am a subtitle Nazi. :rolleyes:

In my house we only watch anime in subtitle.Other Anime is Not allowed. We're Nazish also

Flaire-FireStar
September 5th, 2003, 09:50 PM
In my house we only watch anime in subtitle.Other Anime is Not allowed. We're Nazish also

:T My friends and I are the same way when we have our anime nights...

They really got on the soapbox, too, about Spirited Away being dubbed! :geez: I can't believe that... Is it so hard to read words across the bottom of the screen?

SylverStar
September 6th, 2003, 01:38 AM
I didn't really like spirited away. I liked the boy character though I can't remember his name.

Flaire-FireStar
September 6th, 2003, 09:46 PM
I haven't seen it yet. :dis:

I want to.....just so that I can say that I've seen it... *shrug*

AnimeObsession
September 25th, 2003, 01:24 PM
All the Anime I watch? Humm...

Inuyasha
.hack/Sign
Zoids New Century/ 0
Zoids Chaotic Century
Zoids Guardian Force
Rurouni Kenshin
Trigun
Outlaw Star
Cowboy BeBop
Blue Gender
Pokemon
Digimon
Cyborg 009
Yu Yu Hakusho
Big O
Card Captors
Yu-gi-oh
Fooly Cooly
Bay Blades

I know there are more, but I cant think of them all. Later maybe. :lol:
I love all o those :hehehehe: +

Cubix
Shaman King

Traz Heart
September 25th, 2003, 01:45 PM
I started collecting anime a long time ago.

Then Kaylara came into my life and Our obesions for Anime conbined.

here is a short piece of the what we have

Inuyasha episode 1-114, movie 1 and 2
Dragpn ball z Hole series Subtittled
Dragon ball first saga
La Blue Girl
La Blue Girl Returns
La Blue Lady
Rei Rei
Cool Devices
Heavy Metal
Heavy Metal 2k
Clerks the animated series
Spirited away
.hack//sign special editions 1-4
and many many more.......

SylverStar
September 26th, 2003, 12:05 AM
Hmm Traz that's quite a well interesting list :smileroll

AnimeObsession
September 27th, 2003, 07:44 PM
I wana see the Inuyasha n Cowboy Bebop movies :wah: But I cant find them in English. :wah2:

Flaire-FireStar
September 27th, 2003, 10:22 PM
I wana see the Inuyasha n Cowboy Bebop movies :wah: But I cant find them in English. :wah2:

:eyebrow: A friend found Cowboy Bebop on TV this summer...:2G:

Pan
September 28th, 2003, 05:29 PM
I've been watching ...

Ai Yori Aoshi (I think that's what it's called)
Onegai Teacher! (Please Teacher)
Louis the Rune Soldier
I, My, Me Strawberry Eggs!
S-Cry-ed
King of Bandit Jing
Mahoromatic
Love Hina

I LOVE JING!!!! Jing is the best. ;) I really like that first DVD, even though it's very quirky. Jing is awesome. I want to see ...

Snow Fairy Sugar
Risky Safety
Blue Seed 2 (I loved the first one)
and others I don't remember! :T

Mahoromatic, Love Hina, and Onegai Teacher have pretty much the same voices. The boy in Onegai Teacher, the main boy, has Matt's voice from the American DigiMon first season (that's an old one. haha).

Contrary to the title, Onegai Teacher isn't perverted! There's panty shots, but that's it. No blatant anything! It's a neat anime. :D The manga's good too! My brother owns them, and that's how I've been watching these! :T:T

Traz Heart
September 29th, 2003, 02:29 PM

HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY TRAZ THE GOD OF ANIME IS ON HIS WAY.

http://www.animetoyshop.com

TADA!!!!!!

Flaire-FireStar
September 29th, 2003, 05:14 PM
HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY TRAZ THE GOD OF ANIME IS ON HIS WAY.

http://www.animetoyshop.com

TADA!!!!!!

All Hail! :fpraiseyo

And thank you thank you!

CajunLady
September 29th, 2003, 05:47 PM
This are some of my favorite:

Heavy Metal
Cowboy BeBop
Pokemon
Cyborg 009
Yu Yu Hakusho
Big O
Inuyasha
Tenchi Muyo
Ninja Scroll
Fist of the North Star
Vampire Hunter D
Fooly Cooly
Vampire Princess Miyu
Akira

And I love Samurai Jack right now, but I don't kow if that is considered anime, because it is a US produced cartoon (http://www.icv2.com/articles/home/610.html) I also like the PowerPuff Girls!!

Mystik ShadowRider
October 28th, 2003, 12:42 AM
Actually, I'm more into the Manga than the Anime - the only Anime I actually watch (or used to watch) is Digimon, and I only like the first two seasons. I stopped watching when I saw the first couple of episodes of season 3 - too much like Pokemon for my liking. (Yuck! :sick: )

As for Mangas:

Demon Diary (aka, Diary of a Demon King)
Ragnarok
Mars
Digimon (again.... I feel pathetic. ;))
Vampire Game

Demon Diary and Mars are my favs out of those, though! The Digimon Mangas just aren't the same as the Animes....

Biinasu
October 29th, 2003, 11:16 AM
Well, Tamers got a lot better as the season went on, and the dubbing eased up a whole lot. Season four was really great though, and returned to the Season one's trapped in the Digi-world theme, which was a lot of fun. Actually though, there's a Digimon Revival Project being started by my friend. I got Miyako/Yolei. I *wanted* Daisuke/Davis, but that's the way life goes. XD;;

My favourite anime shows include, but are not limited to:

Inu-Yasha
Onegai Teacher
Onegai Twins
Kodomo no Omocha
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Blue Gender (stupid adult swim making me like it..)
FuriKuri/Fooly Cooly/FLCL (talk about a good dub! I liked it more than the sub!)
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou/His and Her Circumstances/Kare Kano
Sailor Moon (it's a classic!!)
oh, and of course, I can't forget Urusei Yatsura. X3;; Maison Ikkoku was fun too.

Oooh..*prances about in an anime trance...that she's never really came out of*

CanisFirebrand
October 29th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Wow.. too many series to name that I like.. A bunch that I want to see that I haven't yet... And then some that I'd probably like but haven't heard of yet.

But lets see some of my favorites are:

- Sailor Moon(Original uncut Japanese, not the American dub)
- CardCaptor Sakura(Again, original Japanese, not the dub Cardcaptors)
- Escaflowne
- Trigun
- Macross
- Evangelion
- Ceres
- Fushigi Yugi
- Gundam
- Oh My Goddess
- Lodoss War
- Akira
- Jubei Chan
- Gunsmith Cats
- Tenchi
- Lain
- Ghost in the Shell
- Ninja Scroll
- Mononoke Hime(Princess Mononoke)
- Spirited Away
- Utena
- His and Her Circumstances
- .Hack//Sign
- Slayers
- Magic Knights Rayearth
- Robotech(I know, but it was the first Anime I ever saw as a kid, even though its a really bad hack job of 3 unique series)

*GrumpButt*
October 29th, 2003, 02:22 PM
Alomost any anime rocks!
my fav is FLCL, then Trigun (he is sooooo cute lol). And a bunch more but I cant think of them right now.

Biinasu
October 30th, 2003, 12:48 AM
Well, we can't forget Astroboy, can we? X3; My friend told me that the WB is going to pick it up and dub it. o_o; I don't watch that channel anymore, so I have no clue how that's going. Makes me sad though. As my friends and I had put it, "OMG! They're raping Astroboy!" >_>;

DragonFan
January 20th, 2006, 12:18 AM
has anyone seen Ryuu Seiki aka Dragon Century i own the video of that from a deviant friend of mine named letdragon.what about dragon drive and is anyone fond of that

Alaiyo
January 26th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Unfortunately, I have not. I also need to watch a lot more anime-good anime.