PDA

View Full Version : Oh Mighty Isis!

Pan
April 1st, 2003, 06:46 PM
Okay.. I was watching "Where are they now" the other night and I saw an old-time live-action show called "Isis"..

Has anyone actually ever watched this? It looked... interesting to say the least!

:T

Ahautenites
April 1st, 2003, 06:48 PM
My parents tell me it used to be one of my favorite shows when I was little, but I have no recollection of it. :(

Ryhla
April 1st, 2003, 07:13 PM
Oh the memories...

I remember watching it back in the mid-70s... It was on saturdays. It was the Isis-Shazam hour. If I remember right..Shazam got his powers calling upon the nordic deities. Sometimes the 2 of the shows would blend into one episode.

Yeah it was one of my favorites too.

WtchyChick13
April 2nd, 2003, 09:56 PM
I used to LOVE this show!!! :D :boing: :D

She used to rub her amulet and say "oh mighty Isis" and the magick would begin! (I personally would use my large Mickey Mouse pendant. :lol: )

I remember many a Sat. nite mass at church rubbing my Mickey Mouse pendant, saying those magickal 3 words and hoping that I would somehow be zoomed back home and sitting in front of my TV. (I guess I should've known then about my future path.) :T

I know of a website or two that discuss these shows (Sat. morning 70's type) and will be back to post 'em!!!

Actually, we talked about the Isis/Shazam hour in another thread--I'll do a search and find it for you.

:)

Tammy Sullivan
April 5th, 2003, 01:22 PM
there is an article about it on the broom closet, link under my sig.

WtchyChick13
April 6th, 2003, 01:45 AM
I'm sorry it took me a few days guys--Isis search (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Isis+70%27s+tv+show&btnG=Google+Search)

My favorite is Yesterdayland.com but tonite they were down for a bit. They've got some great stuff on 70's Saturday Morning programming. :D

Old Witch
April 13th, 2003, 04:53 PM
I watched Isis and I was GROWN!!!