PDA

View Full Version : Misinterpreting Queen of Pentacles

Adalai
November 4th, 2011, 06:05 PM
My tarot readings for myself and my family have always been SPOT on.. dare I say, scary SPOT on. Of course, that's the whole point but moving on..

I did a tarot reading for my father and its eating me up because its the first spread I've misinterpreted. My father owns his own company and was looking for a salary job because the economy in his small town has rendered his business near bankrupt. He was interviewing for a new job, one that would most definitely bring in more money for him and my mother, one that he was over-qualified for in education and experience and would allow him to close his company gracefully and move on in his life. Obviously, I did a spread to see how it would pan out.

Queen of Pentacles popped up and I interpreted that to mean a change in job, and money coming in.
It was the 3rd card pulled out of: Ace of Swords, Chariot, and 5W, if you're curious.

This was excellent news in my opinion, aside from the other cards telling me there's a struggle/challenge but change on the horizon for the better. Now after the fact, we have learned he did not get the job; he was not considered because he was over-qualified. He is now faced with closing his business still, without any back up job. How did I read this so wrong so I can prevent this in the future?

I thought okay, so maybe its still true.. "This is the challenge.. and the good horizon is a still a bit far off yet.. not this job exactly." But that feels like stretching the interpretation to make it fit. I HATE when people do that. Any opinions? Tips? Help on interpreting this card?

grug
November 4th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Looking at all the cards together (and knowing the outcome I'm also making the interpretation fit the facts,) I would say he should persevere with his business. The Ace of Swords says be brutally honest and discard whatever parts aren't working, The Chariot says doing things for yourself, the Queen of Pentacles says you will achieve abundant results and the Five of Wands is encouraging him to be his own boss rather than working for someone.

Again, though, I'm making the reading fit the facts.

Chaos Hawk
November 4th, 2011, 06:31 PM
It was next to the five? I would think that it was ill represented then. I don't do reversals, but if it's next to a negative card, then I look at the negative aspects that are there. The Queen of Pentacles ill represented can suggest that the person is feeling worried about financial independence. Especially as they are trying to maintain family connections. They may be concerned that the lack of financial well-being drains their energy and they cannot take care of their family. Sometimes, it means that the person cannot do everything on their own and needs to make some choices.

If I were reading these cards for a job question, I would tell the person that they are trying to hard for it and they are too focused and it isn't going to work out in the end for them, and if they do end up with the job it will be more trouble and hassle then they originally thought.

Adalai
November 10th, 2011, 09:42 PM
If I were reading these cards for a job question, I would tell the person that they are trying to hard for it and they are too focused and it isn't going to work out in the end for them, and if they do end up with the job it will be more trouble and hassle then they originally thought.

Thank you guys for your help. This last little bit really hit the nail on the head. I wanted to share, because I would always like to know if I was right or close, that we found out later that SEVERAL employees have left because the company he was applying with is very poorly ran, and they have high turnover because of the way they handle things internally. We all agreed, if he had gotten the job .. he would have most likely wanted to look for another one soon after.