PDA

View Full Version : What do you think? 6 of swords

WhiteBlackbird
November 8th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Is the 6 of swords a positive card in the question of a relationship or not?
What do you think?
I am looking forward for your answer.
(The question was: What is this relationship now about? Answer: 6 of swords.
Next question: What is to do? Answer: 4 of swords)

Thanks!

Windsmith
November 9th, 2011, 11:18 PM
I'd say it could be interpreted several different ways. For me, the 6 of Swords is the "you can't escape your problems" card (the card's image in my primary deck is a man crossing a lake in a boat full of guns). So it can be read positively: you and the other person accept that you each come to the relationship with "baggage", and you're dealing with it as best you can. But it can also be read negatively: you're trying to escape problems either within the relationship or external to it (from prior relationships or other areas of your lives), but really they're with you all the time.

Hope this gives you some food for thought.

grug
November 10th, 2011, 01:02 AM
I would read that as the relationship is helping you move forward in your life and giving you some stability. The Four of Swords after that suggests you shouldn't overthink the situation or try to fix something that's not broken. Just let the relationship evolve at its own pace.

Adalai
November 10th, 2011, 09:39 PM
I guess I'm way off.. but that's what makes this fun, right?

I dunno... I always take swords as very literal, verbal, discussion.
.. but if I were to take a stab at it.. I would say, its neither negative or positive. Something that's been of topic recently needs to be solved jointly, there is a solution, you may even know what that solution is already.. but it must be/can only be reached through communication and discussion and not just arguing/fighting/etc. In my deck, the couple in 6 of S are looking in the same direction.. telling me they're capable of working together.. IF they want to.

WhiteBlackbird
November 11th, 2011, 05:25 AM
@ Windsmith: Yes, thank you, I like your way to read it. And it is so: I feel, we both have much much baggage and it's now to decide what to do with it! I like the image of a boot- not with guns, but with baggage! Thanks and BB!

@Grug: Ah, that's very helpfull too, esp. the message of the 4. It's what I feel too. Thanks and BB!

@ Adalai: Yes, I love the last part: "if they want to" or "if they decide too", looking in the same direction is important! Thanks and BB!