PDA

View Full Version : *nervous smile*

ElvenSpirit
April 13th, 2003, 02:20 PM
Hi... I am an elf of sorts, investigating paganism... don't bite (please?;)), I am lurking about the place to try and get more information really.

Hoping to find some friends here...

materra
April 13th, 2003, 06:16 PM
Howdy :wave:

Ravens_Tears
April 13th, 2003, 07:29 PM
Hi:) :wave:

PeleRising
April 13th, 2003, 08:51 PM
Welcome to MW... we dont bite (unless you count in Political Pagan....LOL) j/k We are glad you found us!!!!

Flaire-FireStar
April 13th, 2003, 09:16 PM
I only bite back. :lol:

Welcome!

MoonAutmn
April 13th, 2003, 10:07 PM
We are so glad to have you here.
I'm new my self and also learning about the pagen religion.
Age, race all that doesn't matter to me. What matters is what is inside a person and how they are as a person inside.
I'm so glad you found this web site & are here.
Please tell me about yourself.
My chatting name is : Moon Autumn.
I'm a 37 year young woman.
I was born may 8, 1966. In Texas.
I found pagan because of my mom.
I remember her working with the tarrot cards, crystal ball and burning incents when I was really young and found it fastinating.
I remember a lady in Dallas named Lachia that has now passed on we use to go to her shop. She sold mom a large crystal ball that was also in a fire we had at out apartment complex, she had some cool things. I found herto be really neat and a nice lady.
She did tarrot readings, crystal ball reading all that cool stuff.
How did you you get in to pagan?
I have a 1 year old 3 pound yorkie I love with all my heart named "Tatter Tot. 10 fighting chinese beta fish, 4 parakeets and hermit crabs.
I love to read, music, belly dancing, yoga, walking, flea markets and lots more.
I hope you will visit again soon and offen.
blessed be,
Moon Autumn.

ElvenSpirit
April 14th, 2003, 01:02 AM
*smiles* well let's see; I'm 16 (born on may 7th, 1986), living in Norfolk, which is in the east of England. I've lived here all my life and adore it, though it can get isolated at times.

I have used a few different names but generally a variation on Elven Lady, Elven Spirit... originally I was known as Idril Celebrindal online. I have AIM but rarely use it, and my screename for that is lady of gondolin.

How I discovered paganism... is debatable... I come from a family which has a history of being really quite fiercely christian but by the time you get to my parents one is a sort-of christian and one is an atheist. So it's not from them. I have a friend who is pagan, and I think she perhaps sparked my curiosity just enough to get me to go and read up on the subject, which got me more interested. :) Also, an ex boyfriend of mine was fanatically christian. He told me I was missing something in my life (I was an atheist at the time) and that that something was definitely christianity. When I said no it wasn't he told me I would burn in hell. Just looking at his attitudes made me want to be anything but christian; but I guess I should thank him for making me see that I maybe do need something in my life.

I hope he would keel over from shock at the idea of me exploring paganism:D

I have... quite a few animals... though strangely enough the house actually seems kinda empty with this collection; when I was younger we had far more animals. Now, we have one dog, 4 rats (probably shortly to be 2 or 3, I fear... the oldest two do not seem long for this world), and 2 guinea pigs. And I am owned by 4 cats. ;) So still quite the collection! :)

I like reading, roller skating (artistic roller skating... it is like the ice skating you see on tv but with wheels... I took it up because there is no ice rink here), adore spending time with my cats, writing, doodling, photography, music (I play the clarinet, and can play the recorder well enough to not provoke screams of pain from those listening at least), exploring new places, and much more...

mol
April 14th, 2003, 10:13 AM
Hello and welcome home to the both of you. :D

Nissala
April 14th, 2003, 11:02 AM
Merry meet and welcome to MW! :wave:

AutumnMoonX
April 15th, 2003, 09:18 AM
Eleven Spirit and Mol,
(Note) It is me Moon Autumn, I'm sorry about the name change but I was having some harrasing problems with my e mail amd I had to have a change of addy, so instead of e mailing the moderates and going through waiting for them to get them to straighten my mess out wih my new addy etc I just changed my name. I'm sorry. I will be posting to you both later on if I can. I will try my best to. I just wanted you both to know I wasn't ignoring your post. You sound like a very interesting person Eleven Spirit. It sounds like we have a lt in common and I'm looking foward to getting to know you E.S. and Mol.
Thank you mol so much for your nice welcome. :)
Have a nice day.
autumnmoon

Siarlas
April 16th, 2003, 05:39 AM
Greetings and Welcome, ElvenSpirit! :wave:

Old Witch
April 16th, 2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by AutumnMoon

Eleven Spirit and Mol,
(Note) It is me Moon Autumn, I'm sorry about the name change but I was having some harrasing problems with my e mail amd I had to have a change of addy, so instead of e mailing the moderates and going through waiting for them to get them to straighten my mess out wih my new addy etc I just changed my name. I'm sorry. I will be posting to you both later on if I can. I will try my best to. I just wanted you both to know I wasn't ignoring your post. You sound like a very interesting person Eleven Spirit. It sounds like we have a lt in common and I'm looking foward to getting to know you E.S. and Mol.
Thank you mol so much for your nice welcome. :)
Have a nice day.
autumnmoon

Don't you hate it when that happens?

AutumnMoonX
April 16th, 2003, 10:00 PM
:) Merry Meet,
eleven spirits,
I hope your recived my e mail o.k.
That is something you were born may 7, I was born may 8, we both love animals and we have a lot in common.
I'm so sorry about your two rat babies. I'm sure they are going to be just fine and live long lives.
How are old they and what are their names?
They sounds cool having rats & guinniea pigs for pets.
I have never had these fur babies for pets, I have had duck, grey and black ear loped rabbit salmanders and newts for pets before.
I now have 1 toy feamle, 3 pound yorkie named Tatter Tot. Every one loves her, she is so sweet. My dad is really crazy about her. He will sit in the bed on Sundays and read the Garfrield and Oddie comics to her. She sits there and listens him is really sweet.
And she has a plush dog soccer balls, this girl knows the word soccer, what they look like smell and the color of them. She is really good about putting her paw it like when soccer players put their foot on the ball before they kick it. and she jumps in the air and catches it. She is really smart. I love her so much.
I have 4 parakeets, John, Carolyn, wingfield and Illusion.
I have 5 big hermit crabs and some small ones, only the smalls are the only ones who has ever bit me. Its hurts.
I have had diffrent kinds of dogs and I had 2 cats a long time ago and diffrent cats many years ago.
Tell me please about your dog, is it a he or she?
How old is he or she ? His /her name? what does he or she look like?
tell me about your fur babies, rats and g. pigs.
I love reading, Nancy drew, romance, history,about wicca, all most anything.
You said you like dodling, have you ever tried sketching or drawing?
I love drawing I'm just not very good at it. I like modling with clay and I like drawing cartoon charaters, like sylvester and tweety bird.
You photograph, thats great! What kind of things do you phoograph?
What kind of music do you enjoy?
my list is pretty long I will share this with you later on. One of my favorite musicans is Glenn Miller from 194o's.
You play the clarinet ? That is great!
What kind of music do you play on the clarinet?
How long have you been playing and how did you start playing the clarinet?
I wish I could play a instrument.
Well thats all for now.
I made this to long. I can write long letters.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Take care of you,
Your friend,
autumn moon.

ElvenSpirit
April 17th, 2003, 01:57 PM
I got your email. mm, let's see... taking this in order...

The old rats are called polly and taylor -- they're 2 and a half, which is a little over the average life expectancy for rats. The young ones are pearl and wendlebury (don't ask, I wasn't responsible for naming her:rolleyes: ). Everyone else says the babies are evil, but I swear they are just misunderstood:D they behave perfectly for me :p

despite my usual dislike of small dogs (I've met a few with wonderful temperaments but far too many who are less than pleasant), yours sounds adorable!:) My dog is called Molly, she's about 8 years old now at a guess (we got her when she was a couple of years old. I think we were her 5th home or something. Sigh. Can't imagine how she got through so many, she's such a wonderful affectionate creature)... there's a picture of here here (http://website.lineone.net/~eliz/molly.jpg). She's a cross-breed -- mother was a golden retriever, father unknown. She runs like a greyhound.

Oh, and she's a fossil hound too ;) we take her to the beach and she picks up fossilised bones. I guess she thinks a bone is a bone no matter how many million years old it is:D we have quite a collection of them now including an absolutely massive vertibrae we haven't had identified yet -- it's easily as big as my head!

My guinea pigs.. piggies... they're called Demi and Scab. Their names are short for skin infections of sheep. They were named by a vet student. Poor things. Demi (http://website.lineone.net/~eliz/demi.jpg) is so sweet, very affectionate, but Scab (http://website.lineone.net/~eliz/scab.jpg) bit me and drew blood the first time we met, and has never taken to me since. about the only animal I've ever owned that hasn't.

Incidentally, I know crab bites hurt -- we spend time on the salt marshes in summer and there are shore crabs there. One decided my hand looked tasty :eek: it was a BIG crab too, not used to seeing shore crabs so big.

Your dad reads about Garfield to your dog? One of my cats is called Garfield:D He's such a big softie, really lazy (AND mad about lasagne, though he's not impressed with my vegetarian version now I've stopped eating meat. Though he still likes the cheese:p)... here (http://website.lineone.net/~eliz/garfield.jpg)'s a picture of him (yeah, I take a lot of pics of my animals). My other cats are Nuno (http://website.lineone.net/~eliz/nuno.jpg), who is slightly mad and slightly schizophrenic (her back legs often attack her front legs, and she switches from friendly to evil and back really quickly. the current theory is that there are two cats, called Nu and No -- Nu is friendly, but No is not, and hates the whole world, including Nu ;)), Mouzer (http://website.lineone.net/~eliz/mouzer.jpeg), the little tea addict, and Tommy (http://website.lineone.net/~eliz/tommy.jpg) the brain damaged (his mother was hit by a car just before he was born and we think the amount of morphine she had to be given screwed with his mental functions some)...

When I was little, we had 5 dogs and one incredibly patient cat, and another two guinea pigs. All of them real characters, but if I was to go into detail this post would be even more horrifically long............

I do sketch a bit, straight out of my own head.... I scanned a little of what I've done, dragon pictures... rough (http://website.lineone.net/~eliz/dragonmoon.jpg) and colour (http://website.lineone.net/~eliz/dragonflame.jpg). I can't draw realistically. I photograph anything and everything really. You can take a look through my gallery (which also has a few poems I wrote up there) if you like -- http://allofthisforyou.deviantart.com/

Music... hmmm... all sorts of stuff... from the heavy and depressing (nine inch nails) to much lighter, absolutely beautiful stuff -- celtic music is favorite -- traditional and otherwise. Runrig, Capercaillie, The Chieftans, Enya... then there is classic rock -- led zeppelin, pink floyd...

I play classical music, was working on Mozart's clarinet concerto before I lost my teacher but it's not a piece I feel capable of working on by myself.

I read... fantasy mainly... big fan of Tolkien... and mythology, especially greek and norse... dark, gothic stuff like poe...

You wish you could play an instrument? Learn!:) Go and get a recorder -- they are not expensive unless you get a really top one which honestly you don't need -- and get a teach yourself book. It's one of those instruments where you CAN teach yourself. I did, well enough to get almost to the top of the upper register. I don't much like the sound of the descant recorder, it can be a little harsh on the higher notes, but it's easiest to play. Tenner is my favorite but it's clumsier to hold, the holes are further apart, and the lower notes can actually be pretty hard to hit at times.

Errr.

I should stop writing now ;)

Psyche Ague
April 18th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Hello and welcome! :wave:

NICE name. :D

By the way, it's so fitting that Tommy the cat should be the one who is brain-damaged...as in "Tommy" the movie? ;)