PDA

View Full Version : S.o.s., Mayday, Help !!!

STORMWALKER
April 19th, 2003, 02:01 PM
BECAME A WICCAN AT AGE 12, HAD TO PRACTICE IN SECRET BECAUSE OF FAMILY BELIEFS. 10 YEARS AGO BECAME DISABLED. DOCTORS SAID "WITH OUT SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME, I WOULD END UP DEAD, FAMILY SENT SOMEONE TO FETCH ME IN OHIO, AND BRING ME TO GEORGIA. COULD ONLY BRING WHAT I COULD FIT IN A CAR. LOST APPLIANCES, FURNITURE, DISHES, MOST EVERYTHING, MY DEEPEST REGRET IS LEAVING MY WICCAN BOOKS, TOOLS, SUPPLIES. I NOW LIVE IN A VERY RURAL AREA. NO PLACE TO GET REPLACEMENTS, DISABLED, NO MONEY FOR REPLACEMENTS, AND EVEN IF I HAD MONEY, NO WHERE TO OBTAIN THEM AND DON'T DARE ASK FAMILY FOR HELP. QUESTION: DO WE HAVE A MUTUAL AID SOCIETY THAT I CAN APPEAL TO FOR HELP ? DON'T NEED NEW THINGS, WOULD SETTLE FOR OLD THINGS NO LONGER WANTED. ALSO ANYONE KNOW OF A ONLINE COVEN I CAN JOIN ? THANK-YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND ATTENTION BLESSED BE

Lunacie
April 19th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Hello, Stormwalker, merry meet and welcome to MW. I'm sorry you've had such a tough time of it, but glad to hear you're still interested in learning and sharing with others.

I've never heard of a Pagan Mutual Aid Society, but just like someone who's just beginning you don't need very much, and none of it has to be new. A small cutting from a tree makes a great wand and it's free. A pretty rock for the North, a feather for the East, a candle for the South, a dish of water for the North..... all things that most of us already have or can find.

Books might be a bit more difficult, but there are several online auction sites (e-bay and similar) where you might find some for only a few dollars.

For on-line groups the best place to check is The Witches Voice www.witchvox.com (http://www.witchvox.com). They even have links to on-line auctions. And of course you're welcome to hang around here with us and talk about... well, whatever.

Yvonne Belisle
April 19th, 2003, 08:22 PM
You might even find that for the most part there is so much information out there now on the net that you no longer really need books just time online. Our new pagan section has a slew of information and could probably make a book in and of itself plus it gives you insite into other points of view and feedback on what you learn something books can't do.

cydira
April 19th, 2003, 11:56 PM
These may help you:

www.sacred-texts.org
This is a website that is devoted to sacred literature and writings from virtually all of the worlds' religions.

Aside from that you may find something related to your tradition at some of the following websites:

www.talewins.com/browzer/

www.crosswinds.net/~freeebooks/

www.bootlegbooks.com

www.bitbooks.com

www.literature.org

Also, the inter-library loan program is an amazing resource. Even in the smallest rural town, if there's a library, they're part of a program. It may take a little time, but the book you need will get to you. Also, try looking in the library's sales, occasionally they will have books that are usefull to your work in the stacks of old books they're selling.