PDA

View Full Version : Weird card - ideas welcome ;-)

Sibylle
June 29th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Hello my dears,

this is going to be difficult, for the simple reason that you people don't know me. But I'll try and explain.

I'm looking for ideas on what a Four of Pentacles could possible have to do with my past! I'm just the opposite of everything that card represents. I never held on to anything, especially anything material, to the point where I was broke almost all the time (I'm actually working on rectifying some of that in the present). I embraced change, never stayed in relationships, moved to a different country every few years.

I'm usually good at reading my own cards, but this one just threw me completely. Any ideas where this card might come from (and yes, it was definitely in a "past" place)? Could it be as simple as an opposite to who I really was in the past?

Weirdness.

Opinions are much appreciated :)

Lula
July 2nd, 2012, 07:18 PM
Was there something less monetary that you were concerned with holding onto? I know pentacles are often money or things, but I don't think they necessarily have to be, especially since you aren't materialistic.

Were you hoarding your independence or your "self"? Maybe holding back from relationships, or being controlling in some way?

Vigdisdotter
July 3rd, 2012, 12:57 AM
What if the 4 of Pents isn't about YOU, but about someone you had to deal with? Or an attitude you had to deal with?

Sibylle
July 10th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Was there something less monetary that you were concerned with holding onto? I know pentacles are often money or things, but I don't think they necessarily have to be, especially since you aren't materialistic.

Were you hoarding your independence or your "self"? Maybe holding back from relationships, or being controlling in some way?
Oh-hooooah, we might be on to something here! Thanks so much, this just never occured to me! Especially the holding back from relationships is spot-on. So true of me, especially in the past.

And Vigdisdotter, that's a possibility also. Something else I thought of is that it wasn't just "not true" for me but it was so directly opposite to how I was, it's like a slightly sarcastic reminder of what I missed out on or should have respected more.

Thanks both for the inspiration, I think I need to explore this a little further!

kaosxmage
July 12th, 2012, 03:39 AM
The Four of Pentacles isn't always about you being the control freak. It can represent being centered and aware of your personal values. Your security wasn't found outside yourself in the form of money. You found you power and security within. How else could you have moved around so freely?

You also say you never stayed in relationships, and you moved every few years. That strike you as selfish? That's a slightly harder aspect of the Four of Pentacles. Moving along the suit in numerical sequence, the four brings desire for change and escape from boredom. No wonder you couldn't sit still.

That should give you some insight. Another exercise you can do when stuck is just go to the next card. In this case the Five of Pentacles. How would it relate to your past? How does it relate to the Four in regard to your past?

Good luck!

--Kaos