PDA

View Full Version : Dallas & Breast Feeding

MammaStar
April 27th, 2003, 01:36 PM
A friend of mine emailed me this story. My question is this? What the hell was the clerk at the store even doing by looking at the pictures in the FIRST PLACE!

here's the link.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/issues/2003-04-24/buzz.html/1/index.html

Djiril
April 27th, 2003, 04:47 PM
:eek: That is just weird!

LightDancer
April 27th, 2003, 06:52 PM
All i can say is What the F***! I certainly did not feel like a sexual deviant when I was nursing my children....I was giving them NOURISHMENT! Breast feeding is illegal but shooting people up for all manners of trivialities, is a constitutional right! I'll never understand Texas:(

B*B
Jamie

Storm
April 27th, 2003, 09:08 PM
breast feeding is illegal in texas???

Shinko
April 28th, 2003, 02:09 AM
Every day I lose more faith in the people who run the government. :rolleyes: If it were me, I'd probobly sue.

Jax
May 2nd, 2003, 03:30 PM
I'm seething over here! I've just read the article and can't believe in this day and age that that was allowed to happen! (the case, not the breastfeeding!!)
I'm dumb-struck for words and pent with anger!:meanface: Those poor children ( especially the four year old boy) have those 'wonderful' memories to ponder over for the rest of his life. I'm sorry, but I couldn't let it lie there.

Biinasu
October 29th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Ah, really old post, but I wanted to put my two cents in. ^^; Dallas is a -weird- city. You live there for awhile, and it's almost like stepping into a different world. Or maybe all the worlds rolled up into one big egg roll. Though, to be a bit picky, it took place in Richardson - which is actually *weirder* than Dallas in my opinion.

I wouldn't normally bring up an old post like this, but the Texan in me was typing before the rest of me could stop it. ^^;

FeatherGoblinglimmer
October 29th, 2003, 12:14 PM
OMG!!! That is horrible. I can't believe it.:(

~*Ginger*~
October 29th, 2003, 12:29 PM
hmmm, glad I do not live in TX!

I nursed mine till they weaned themselves.
Have pictures, and they are the sweetest & most precious!

People who excell in prudishness, need to find a hobby of some sort... (imo)

Biinasu
October 29th, 2003, 12:30 PM
I actually can't believe that happened. Usually when something like that happens we notice. But I can't recall seeing anything about it. Amazing. We've got people from two counties over banding together (or, in some cases, apart) for police chiefs getting fired and people being called names...but I'd much rather hear about that myself.

Also: I plan on breastfeeding myself when I have kids. I also plan on doing it until they're ready to quit, not until society is. So I'm a little worried. Being Wiccan here seemed odd, but soon I saw that ever other person on the street here seems to be Pagan nowadays. Maybe with time the breastfeeding thing might get to that point too. ._.;

MoonDust
October 29th, 2003, 12:41 PM
Ok my only question is how perverted are you to think that a child nursing is a sexual act?

mol
October 29th, 2003, 12:44 PM
Wow. Speechless, but not really suprised. I mean you can't even spank your child in public without fear that someone might see you and try to press child abuse charges on you. Just another case of someone sticking their big fat nose where it doesnt belong.

~*Ginger*~
October 29th, 2003, 12:45 PM
Ok my only question is how perverted are you to think that a child nursing is a sexual act?
*imo*
somethings not right somewhere inside themselves.
And then you have folks who like to cause trouble...
Could be one of the two or a mixture of both...

i mean, bottles showed up around the 1950's. So what did they think they did to feed children back then?
Chase down the cow?

Biinasu
October 29th, 2003, 12:50 PM
Perfect example of just how -weird- some of us are. @_@; I mean...honestly. Of course, I wouldn't put that past our CPS. Having dealt with the morons enough, I continue wishing that I could just move to a place where CPS -doesn't- suck. Of course, it's not entirely their fault...they get lots of help.

Just as an example, my brother was going through the interviews to get into Timberlawn, a mental hospital here, and it was mentioned about how he forced himself on me when he was, um, 9? He was 13 or 14 at the time of that visit (it was one of many visits). When my mother pissed off one of the techs, they made a call to them, and told them about it - happily leaving out about how long ago it was, apparently.

To be honest, it was quite funny how the case worker was asking me if I know the proper name for a man and woman's 'private parts' and when people should see them or not. Of course, in two rooms over, my mother is being told how my brother is going to be taken away and have 'sex offender' stamped on him for eternity. Once all the facts were out though, the chaos was over....but, just like the breastfeeding woman, no apologies. It's really not an uncommon practice here for lives to be thrown into total mania because of extremely stupid calls to CPS. ._>

MoonDust
October 29th, 2003, 12:52 PM
:lol: *envisions children chasing cows*

That's exactly my point. but why should the rest have to suffer -the parents going to jail, the child taken from them- because there's something wrong inside of the accuser?

At least the baby’s back with the parents.

~*Ginger*~
October 29th, 2003, 01:08 PM
ok, we got two threads going on... (about breastfeeding, at this moment) (http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?p=599282#post599282)

I have read stories where someone, (possibly jealous, or busy body)
has thought it a sexual thing to nurse a child.

Well, in one sense it is, because we are all sexual beings...

Personally, as far as being 'stimulated' I guess if you let your mind go that way it's possible, but I think that, the mother's that would let their mind go that way are very, very few.

Semele
October 29th, 2003, 07:29 PM
Well when I was pregnant with Trinity we did multiple online searches trying to find pictures of nursing babies to show Trey. The reason was to try and ease him into the idea so that he wasn't shocked or thinking that we were doing something wrong with the new baby. This fear stems from all the talking we had done about private parts and what is and isn't appropriate..you know normal education you try to give your child for their own protection when you aren't around.

Let me tell you it took quite a while to find a decent site with normal, loving pictures. Apparently there are a lot of odd folks out there with even odder fetishes. Nuff said.

As for this case I can only throw my hands in the air and refere you to the starved kids in the other post who the child protective srvices swore were in good hands. What a twisted world we live in these days. A loving couple trying to capture a beautiful thing on film is accused of abuse and have the children removed while monsters are given glowing reports all the while they slowly kill their children physically and mentally. Makes me sick!