PDA

View Full Version : X-Men 2

Gwynna Starr
April 28th, 2003, 04:38 PM
Anyone else looking forward to seeing this movie? And if so, do you expect it to be better than the first?

The trailers look awesome! Especially when Nightcrawler teleports. I think they did a sweet job on the FX. :)

~*Ginger*~
April 28th, 2003, 05:58 PM
The guy playing Wolverine is sooooooooo HOT!!!
I love stuff like this!
I think it's so cool when they take the comics of yesteryear and make really interesting movies of them, I hope there are several X-Men Movies!
They could do two each of each individual character as far as I'm concerned!

Ahautenites
April 28th, 2003, 06:13 PM
There's an X-Men II movie coming out??? Need to seeeeeee!!!!

Seren Mara
April 28th, 2003, 06:31 PM
It's out! Can't wait to see it.

MammaStar
April 28th, 2003, 07:54 PM
As I type, I'm loading up Fandango to buy my advanced tix. :T

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!! :boing: :boing:

Huge comic fans, Eshallet and I. LOVE THEM. I've always loved Wolverine. My favorite so far is the comic that they put out of his actual "origin". It's alled "Origin" and if you ever see, pick it up. Cool read.

My son's b-day is in a few weeks as well. He and a few of his buddies are going to go see it.

Then in two weeks.....MATRIX RELOADED!!!! *squeal*

then...then...on June 20th.....THE HULK.

OMG, a comic nerds dream this Summer. I'm twitching just thinking about it. :lol:

Gwynna Starr
April 29th, 2003, 07:03 PM
I can't wait too! Hugh Jackman is sooo HOT!!! :loveduv:

This Friday it will be out! I checked my local listings, but the theatres near me won't have a late morning show... So I have to wait until Friday afternoon. :wah:

From reading the reviews on other message boards, they say it's better than the first!

MistOfTheSea86
May 3rd, 2003, 01:25 PM
It hasn't got anything lower then a B. Even Movie Mom on Yahoo gave it a B+ I think:-D hehehe. Movie mom.

MammaStar
May 3rd, 2003, 05:58 PM
I saw it!!!!!!!! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It was soooooooooooooooooooooo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGs, if you love movies like this, you'll like this movie.

It was great. :boing: :boing:

I'm not going into more detail due to it's only Saturday and I don't know how many people have seen it.

I love them all. Nightcrawler kicks tush and Wolverine....yummy.

~*Ginger*~
May 3rd, 2003, 06:17 PM
I did a search on Hugh Jackman and found his site... He's pretty and all that, but i think for me it's just the Wolverine deal! ;)
He was always my fave in the comic anyway...

I love the action packed stuff!

Ahautenites
May 3rd, 2003, 06:21 PM
**is supremely satisfied** Saw the movie last night. Gooooooood stuff!!!

Haruka2077
May 3rd, 2003, 07:47 PM
I just got back from seeing it! It was awwwesome. The best part was being able to root for the "villians". Mystique has always been my favorite character. There was some clapping in the theatre during her best scenes.
What I'm really looking forward too, though, is the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. You can bet I'll be the first person in to see that!!! :D

Xentor
May 3rd, 2003, 08:39 PM
I just saw the first movie. The second one was released May 1. I'm a comics fan myself, although the X-Men never were my strong suit.

I think I have a copy of the first appearance of Wolverine... in a Hulk comic somewhere, hunting Wendigo, wearing a fluorescent yellow jumpsuit.

I also read Wolverine's Origin. Never had enough money to buy it though. Thus, looking forward to the sequel and hoping to see what parts of Origin are used for the scenes with Wolverine and Lady Deathstrike.

FaerySong
May 3rd, 2003, 08:50 PM
must...see.....MUST SEE!!!!

Gwynna Starr
May 3rd, 2003, 11:57 PM
Yes! I was able to get a viewing friday at 12:01 am!

All I can say is... This movie makes me proud to call myself an X-Fan! They did an magnificent job! It puts X-1 to shame!

I'll be seeing it again tomorrow and hopefully again during the week. :)

P.S. My husband and I even agreed that it was better than Spider-man!

MammaStar
May 4th, 2003, 10:27 AM
X-2 totally blows Spiderman AND Daredevil out of the water....

There are TONS of comic book/superhero movies coming out this Summer. X-2, The Matrix (yes, it is a superhero movie), The Hulk and LXG.

I too am looking for to LXG. I love Sean Connery, and the trailer looked really nifty. :D

Ben Gruagach
May 6th, 2003, 09:40 PM
I saw X2 over the weekend and have to say it was a good one. If you like action, special effects, sci-fi or fantasy then you'll enjoy it.

If you liked the movie and want more, read the novel version of the movie which is out in bookstores now too. They add a bit more context to some of the things that happened. The book ends a little bit different, though, than the way they wrap things up in the movie.

Fans of the comic books will be pleased too. They didn't change things too much for the movie or novel version of the movie. It's a different story, but it does follow a lot of how things are in the comic book. The things they did change make a lot of sense and work out really well.

MammaStar
May 6th, 2003, 10:21 PM
Eshallet had to explain some of it to me, the end part really. But it's all good. I'm going to read the Trade when i go to the comic store over the weekend. I'm a regular, they let me do that there. :D

Eshallet has the original comic for the ending of the storyline. I must say, I did giggle when I saw Jean Grey's original costume.

Armitage
May 9th, 2003, 11:51 AM
Finally caught this last night. Friggin cool.....Nightcrawler was my favorite character to begin with, and they did an incredible job. *wants a tail*

MammaStar
May 9th, 2003, 12:09 PM
I'm going again tommorrow! Laiste & her son are coming with me too! :cool:

Psyche Ague
May 9th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Muahaha...I've seen it twice. :D