PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going To Write A Dungeons And Dragons Fan-Fiction Story

Bartmanhomer
September 18th, 2016, 10:35 PM
Hey everyone. I'm going to write a Dungeons and Dragons fan-fiction story featuring on of my characters in the game. His name is Patrick Club and he's going to lead a reformed Drow party. They're going to fight evil races such as Gnolls, evil high elves, and of course Orcs. I'm actually enjoying playing my first Dungeons and Dragons game so I feel like I want to inspired writing a Dungeons and Dragons Fan-Fiction story. I hope you find this story interesting. Keep an eye on when I post my story in the future. :)

Callandria
September 20th, 2016, 03:07 AM
I also play DnD and I'm actually really curious as to how you would go about writing a story like this. Is it just about your character? I mean most of DnD is storytelling, so I am just interested in the logistics.

Bartmanhomer
September 20th, 2016, 08:23 AM
I also play DnD and I'm actually really curious as to how you would go about writing a story like this. Is it just about your character? I mean most of DnD is storytelling, so I am just interested in the logistics.

Well I'm glad that you asked that question. Well there'should going to battles that I tried to be realistic as possible. It's not going to be about Patrick Club. It's going to be about a whole team. A party of four. But there'a going to be non-battles as well. So yeah, it's going to order be interesting.

A_P_Roberts
September 24th, 2016, 04:57 PM
I love playing DnD (so much so I married my DM :smile:). It sounds like it would be a fun story. If you finish it and polish it up, you might be able to get it published through Wizards of the Coast. I know that there are a lot of DnD novels out there. But if you decide not to go that route and publish online, let me know. I would definitely read it.

Bartmanhomer
September 24th, 2016, 10:14 PM
I love playing DnD (so much so I married my DM :smile:). It sounds like it would be a fun story. If you finish it and polish it up, you might be able to get it published through Wizards of the Coast. I know that there are a lot of DnD novels out there. But if you decide not to go that route and publish online, let me know. I would definitely read it.

Yes, I'm thinking of publishing through Wizards of the Coast if my writing is good.

Bartmanhomer
September 24th, 2016, 11:34 PM
OK question time: Do you think my story needs diversity or do you think it's ok to have an all-Drow party?

A_P_Roberts
September 25th, 2016, 10:45 PM
OK question time: Do you think my story needs diversity or do you think it's ok to have an all-Drow party?

That depends on if you have a reason for an all-Drow party. As you had said they are reformed Drow, they might all come together because they have a mission to reform other Drows. A reason like that would explain an all-Drow party because non-Drows might not understand their mission. If the party only forms because they want to adventure together but doesn't have another mission, you may want more diversity.

In the end, it all comes down to what you think would serve your story best. If you think you need an all-Drow party, by all means, have an all-Drow party. If you think you need more diversity, add in as much diversity as you think your story needs.

Rune Caster
September 27th, 2016, 03:54 PM
I have several D&D novels, if you'd like any suggestions for books to read for an idea. I know a few good ones to help inspire you. :p

Bartmanhomer
September 27th, 2016, 04:11 PM
I have several D&D novels, if you'd like any suggestions for books to read for an idea. I know a few good ones to help inspire you. :p

Sure I'm interested. What's your suggestions?

Rune Caster
September 27th, 2016, 06:07 PM
Forgotten Realms books are fantastic, I'm currently unfinished, but their were two that series I thought to be particularly fun to read.
The Avatar Series: Shadowdale (Book one), Tantras (Book two), Waterdeep(book three), Prince of lies (book four), Crucible: The trial of Cryic the Mad (book five).

This series follows the gods, as they take on avatar states of them selves. All but one banished to the material plane. One of the most Historic events of the Faerun world.

Then we have the Starlight & Shadows series: Daughter of the Drow (Book one), Tangled Webs (book two) and last, Windwalker (book three.)
This second series I gave follows a Drow, and I thought It might serve as an idea for how most drow act and tend to think. really good read the secound one.

Bartmanhomer
September 27th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Forgotten Realms books are fantastic, I'm currently unfinished, but their were two that series I thought to be particularly fun to read.
The Avatar Series: Shadowdale (Book one), Tantras (Book two), Waterdeep(book three), Prince of lies (book four), Crucible: The trial of Cryic the Mad (book five).

This series follows the gods, as they take on avatar states of them selves. All but one banished to the material plane. One of the most Historic events of the Faerun world.

Then we have the Starlight & Shadows series: Daughter of the Drow (Book one), Tangled Webs (book two) and last, Windwalker (book three.)
This second series I gave follows a Drow, and I thought It might serve as an idea for how most drow act and tend to think. really good read the secound one.
Thanks those are great suggestion to follow. Anyway, I'm going to reveal my reformed Drow Party: Patrick Club is a male Drow Fighter, he's the leader of the reformed Drow party. Charlotte Heart is a female Drow Cleric. She's worship Correllon Larethian, a high elf deity. Eric Spade is a male Drow rogue, he's younger than Patrick and Charlotte. and finally Sarah Diamond is a female drow wizard. She's also younger than Patrick and Charlotte. There you go the reformed Drow party.