PDA

View Full Version : Writing My Dungeons and Dragons Fan-Fiction Tarot Story

Bartmanhomer
December 28th, 2016, 04:43 PM
Hey everybody. I did a tarot story using a Hero's Journey Variation Spread. Also I use the Queen of Cups as a significator to represent the protagonist of my D&D story:

1. The Calling: Queen Of Cups
2. Present Self (Where are you now compared to your Journey): 5 of Swords
3. The Test (The effort needed in order to proceed pon the right path): Knight of Wands Reverse
4. The Gate (What triggers personal evolution further on): Knight of Swords Reverse
5. Obstacles/Support: 7 of Swords
6. The Garden (The promise of The Gate, the "fruit" of the journey): Death
7. The Return (The knowledge gained, the lesson learned and the key to apply it): 5 of Wands Reverse

So can somebody interpret what the cards and this whole spread means for writing my D&D story please? :)

Cielamara
December 28th, 2016, 05:52 PM
So on aeclectic.net's forums, they have a policy that if you post about a spread, you have to try interpreting it yourself first. I actually think that's also a good idea here--it's your story! You know the characters. What do YOU think this means? I know what all these cards mean in a lot of different settings, but without knowing anything more than "this is a D&D fanfic", I can't really tell anything about the spread.

Bartmanhomer
December 28th, 2016, 06:40 PM
So on aeclectic.net's forums, they have a policy that if you post about a spread, you have to try interpreting it yourself first. I actually think that's also a good idea here--it's your story! You know the characters. What do YOU think this means? I know what all these cards mean in a lot of different settings, but without knowing anything more than "this is a D&D fanfic", I can't really tell anything about the spread.

OK I'll do it myself. Let's see:

1. The Calling: Queen of Cups: This cards represent a female drow cleric who's very intuitive of her abilities.

2. Present Self: 5 of Swords: The Female Drow Cleric suffer loss, defeat and humiliation during her adventures.

3. The Test: Knight Of Wands Reverse: The Female Drow Cleric will meet a young male Drow who's hasty and discord.

4. The Gate: Knight Of Swords Reverse: The Female Drow Cleric will also meet a young male rogue who's very cruel and intimidating.

5. Obstacles/Support: 7 of Swords: The obstacles will be that both male Drow will betrayed the female Drow cleric.

6. The Garden: Death: There will be a major lice changes during the female Drow Cleric adventure.

7. The Return: 5 of Wands Reverse: The female Drow will get along for her treacherous party members.

OK I interpret my D&D story. So what do you think?