PDA

View Full Version : Other family members.

Pan
May 10th, 2003, 10:22 PM
Hey, all. I figured this would be the best place to put this. There's a couple things I wanted to write about.

First is that BAD weather is headed my way. My mother got on MSN IM and told me that if I wanted them to, they would come up to my house and get me, taking me to their house. I told them I would go only if I could bring my animals. They're my family, too.

They wouldn't let me take my dog. (oddly, I typed out "guard" rather than dog.. hm) I told her that we could put the dog in her bathroom.. but she wouldn't have it. I could take my cat, as long as he stayed in his carry case in the bathroom or my sister's room. But I couldn't take my dog.

So I'm not going to my mother's.

Another one is this.. my dog is losing the hair on her hind legs, the "knee" area. I called the vet and they think it's fleas. It could be ringworm, but the vet didn't suggest that. I'm worried about her. She has an appointment for Tuesday, the 13th of this month, so I'll find out for sure then. Could it be stress?

Faery-Wings
May 11th, 2003, 08:08 AM
Hi Loki, I would have made the exact same decison. I could never ever leave my animals behind, especially my dog. She is my furry baby girl who loves me and listens to me better than anyone else in my home. )

I hope you are safe through the storms, I'll be thinking of you.

My one cat Scarlett has some bald patches on her legs too. I took her to the vets to see if there was a skin problem or parasites. $35 to tell me her skin is fine. Heh. But the vet said she could be overgrooming because of stress or an allergy. Her bald patches are getting a bit of hair regrowing now so I am not really sure which it was. But I imagine either of those conditions could be the same for your dog. I hope s/he is doing ok.

Pan
May 11th, 2003, 08:29 PM
Thanks, Chryssi. :) The storms weren't bad at all and when I got home (I ended up having to leave my doggie :( ), I vacuumed my dog's room for her. Her hair was everywhere. The carpet is usually a dark emerald green, but it was blonde with her hair!

She's going to see the vet day after tomorrow (Tuesday), so we'll see what's wrong then. Big clumps are falling out. :( I hope she'll be okay.

I'll keep you posted on her, though. :D

Faery-Wings
May 12th, 2003, 07:17 AM
Big clumps? What kind of dog is she? A breed that hopefully shed a lot this time of year? I am glad that you are taking her. It might be something as simple as parasites. Let me know though, ok?

Here is a link or two I found for you:
http://petplace.netscape.com/articles/artShow.asp?artID=59

http://pub66.ezboard.com/fpetagonia98262frm4.showMessage?topicID=8.topic

Give her a puppy kiss from me and Harley.

Pan
May 12th, 2003, 05:38 PM
She's a breed that sheds a lot. Chow-shepherd. Shepherds don't shed all that much, but chows do.

She goes tomorrow! I'll be able to tell y'all how she's doing after we come back. :)

Thanks for the articles!