May 14th, 2003, 11:54 PM
Bobby joins a Witches Coven!:eek:

I cant wait to see what they do with this!:p

MammaStar
May 15th, 2003, 11:32 AM
oh man....can you see Hank.

"ahhhhhhhhhhh"

:lol:

Peggy trying to be supportive. Walking around the house tossing phrases like "Blessed Be" and "So Mote It Be" around.

:lol:

That show is so under-rated.

Ravens_Tears
May 15th, 2003, 11:39 AM
Definately a must-see!:D

WynterWynd
May 15th, 2003, 12:56 PM
It on for an hour this Sunday night (18th) I cant wait to see it! You know Hank will come un-hinged!:lol:

Chibi-Fallon
May 15th, 2003, 03:43 PM
Cool! I gotta make sure and watch that!

Cinnamon Girl
May 15th, 2003, 06:03 PM
I can't wait to see it - I love this show! :D

And now I'll point you to a thread I started on KotH awhile back (in my previous incarnation as MO) - it's got a link to 'cast bios', very funny:

King of the Hill (http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?threadid=24251&highlight=king+hill)

MammaStar
May 19th, 2003, 10:23 AM
Well, I was disappointed. :(

WynterWynd
May 19th, 2003, 11:42 AM
Me too!:( My youngest was watching it with me and even he walked away......and he loves KotH! It was not only diappointing...it was just stupid!:rolleyes:

Danustouch
May 19th, 2003, 11:57 AM
From the Gossip I've been hearing about this episode, MOST Pagans were dissappointed, or angered by it. :( I didn't watch it, so I only heard brief little details that made me glad I didn't.

MammaStar
May 19th, 2003, 12:17 PM
It was very sterotypical. As it was said somewhere else (a list i'm on) "The show is written for Hicks which is why they were portrayed that way." Granted, I understand this, I watch KoTH from the beggining and this was by far their worst episode. It portrayed a 20-something year old guy that worked in a video store being the leader of an all male coven that held meetings out of his mother's basement. They made the Pagan character very "high & mighty-ish". It was a bad portrayal...one that makes me wonder why I want to be out of the broom closet, when everything is cozy and safe inside. :rolleyes:

WynterWynd
May 19th, 2003, 12:19 PM
...not to mention they were going to make Bobby drink dog blood!:eek:

MammaStar
May 19th, 2003, 12:33 PM
i know...it was so dang stupid (said in Hank's voice).

I was even annoyed at how they had Peggy react. the Peggy charachter is usally written as a more supportive person. She's always encoraging Hank and Bobby to interact with each other and for Hank to accept Bobby for the quirky little kid he is. But this time she said "This is a girl repellent. I want grandchildren Hank, fix it!"

Was not one of their better moments.

Flaire-FireStar
May 19th, 2003, 05:23 PM
I missed it! :wah2:

Does anyone know when it's going to be on again?? :eek: (Even though it has bad reviews from you guys, it's still an ep I haven't seen)

WynterWynd
May 19th, 2003, 09:53 PM
Probably not for awhile.....I hope! But if I notice its comming back on, I'll tell ya!;)

Danustouch
May 20th, 2003, 12:00 AM
Another Bad portrayal :( I really wish that Hollywood would get their act together..

Flaire-FireStar
May 20th, 2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by VroomBroom

Probably not for awhile.....I hope! But if I notice its comming back on, I'll tell ya!;)

Thanks.

They shoudl on Fox - I know they do every time the episode where the Simpsons come to Canada is on, they do a blip & stuff .

WynterWynd
May 20th, 2003, 01:12 PM
Me too! Cause I was so looking foward to that too!:(

Phoenix Blue
May 20th, 2003, 02:09 PM
:eyebrow: I think we, as Pagans, have to face a truth as well: people like that are out there--and a significant number of the people who advertise their "witchiness" are doing it for shock value and don't have a clue of what they're doing beyond that.

Tarbh Nathroch
May 22nd, 2003, 05:42 AM
I laughed my ass off. I had no idea they were witches. They were loser geeks, and funny as hell, way too many games of AD&D. Although my girlfriend and I said with a laugh “I bet MW people are gonna hate this one” Thank you for reacting as expected and giving me another laugh from the show. Really some of you people are way to sensitive. I will now apologize for letting a bit of my a-hole nature to slip out. We all have different views of entertainment.

WynterWynd
May 22nd, 2003, 09:32 PM
:razz::razz::razz: