PDA

View Full Version : Interested in Egyptian........

Unique
June 3rd, 2001, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the responses. Has anyone read the book "A Witch Alone" by Marian Green. I had the book for a while but have not read it. I was bought it a year ago before I even thought of becomming a Wicca. I did not read it then because I thought it would conflict with my Christian beliefs. What's even more amazing is my Pastor refused to remarry me and my husband because our Wedding was in African-Egyptian themes complete with Ankhs, brooming jumpimg, and the tasting of spices/herbs. We were married my a different minister. We also was married outside in our backyard so we could be close to nature. All this before I truly listen to spirits. I sit here now wondering if I always been a Wiccan at heart? My favorite necklace is an Egyptian Cartouch, my husband gave me for an anniversary gift. My name is spelled in Egyptian
By the way I am African-American/Canadian, and the Egyptians ways feel more comfortable. I also purchased "Spiral Dance" and "To Ride a Silver Broomstick". Do you suggest any other books?

Dria El
June 6th, 2001, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Unique
Has anyone read the book "A Witch Alone" by Marian Green. I had the book for a while but have not read it. I was bought it a year ago before I even thought of becomming a Wicca. I did not read it then because I thought it would conflict with my Christian beliefs. What's even more amazing is my Pastor refused to remarry me and my husband because our Wedding was in African-Egyptian themes complete with Ankhs, brooming jumpimg, and the tasting of spices/herbs. We were married my a different minister. We also was married outside in our backyard so we could be close to nature. All this before I truly listen to spirits. I sit here now wondering if I always been a Wiccan at heart? My favorite necklace is an Egyptian Cartouch, my husband gave me for an anniversary gift. My name is spelled in Egyptian
By the way I am African-American/Canadian, and the Egyptians ways feel more comfortable. I also purchased "Spiral Dance" and "To Ride a Silver Broomstick". Do you suggest any other books?

Nope, never read it. One thought though... Maybe you were subconsciously thinking about it. I mean, you bought it after all. And considering what you wanted to do for your wedding... Just a thought.

One book I usually recommend is Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain. It's an inexpensive, non-denominational book on meditation and visualization. It's a very easy read with lots of good information.

oskila
June 7th, 2001, 05:44 PM
good book! the font is kinda small though :) It's divided into 13 parts, one for each moon in a year, so you can study witchcraft by schedule(sp.) for a year. I found it very useful when I started out. I am currently at moon 8.