PDA

View Full Version : Faith

MistOfTheSea86
June 4th, 2001, 05:18 AM
This will be for those who have felt or feel they are losing faith. Have any of you? I know I have, not too long ago either. But I realized that not everything is meant to be understood. And my friend helped me. SO now My faith is restored. I know there are many of you who have felt this. It is a natural thing. I am interested in your storys.

widukind
June 4th, 2001, 08:03 AM
Hi!

I have this peculiar habit of losing interest in certain things, but not always without an outside force to influence me. I would say I'm a strong person rather than weak, if any, but I can of course still be influenced.

So I had this friend who was a really strong atheist. Aht the time I felt at home in Wicca. This friend felt religion was slavery of the mind and such. I told him that when you develop your spirituality you discover a whole new dimension that you never would have thought to be there. He, of course, didn't believe me. He even said I had been so indoctrinated by what I had read I couldn't think straight anymore. I then told him that by questing to free yourself from all moral and mental chains and boundaries, you enslave yourself once again and you become less human. He, yet again, didn't believe me.

We parted ways, since the lunch break was over. When I went home at the end of the day, I sat alone and pondered about the day. Though I may not be a Christian, technically, I still follow Christ's advice to regard all men as my brothers. So I wa wondering if I hadn't hurt him or tried to superimpose my ideas over his own. I didn't really feel I had. I could have been more tactful, but so could he, of course, we're all human.

Nevertheless, that night I thought a lot about religion and the God and Goddess. Somehow the whole idea of only the God and Goddess didn't feel right anymore. This sparked a crisis of faith I had for a month or so. In that month I thought very little about religion, but dormant remained a feeling there was more to be found in nature than just plants and animals, something divine.

A little after this month, the very same friend made yet anothe remark on religious people and how gullible they were. When I remained silent and didn't agree on his thougts uttered out loud, he asked if I no longer was an atheist. I said I'd never been one.

The facts are, when I first came into contact with Paganism, I learnt about Druids and tree spirits. I wasn't ready for the idea yet. I then learnt about Wicca, which I was ready for. Then I had the crisis of faith, after which I refound my Druid path again... it all turned the way I feel it was supposed to.

In the words of George Michael and Limp Bizkit:

"Gotta have faith!!" 8O

Brightest Blessings!

Widukind

Methanespirit
June 9th, 2001, 07:34 PM
MistOfTheSea86; please tell what is your definition of "faith". It has been noticed that different people have different ideas concerning this subject. I'm interested in your answer. Blessings.

MistOfTheSea86
June 9th, 2001, 07:51 PM
My defanition fo Faith is believing in something more than yourself. Whether it be god or a tree or goddess. If you have lost in what you believe in. that is what i am asking

Methanespirit
June 10th, 2001, 07:45 AM
Ok, thanks. Now I (think I) know how to answer your question. The "losing of one's faith" is usually associated with the maturing process. When a person is in their younger years this changing of beliefs and placing one's confidence into those things which instills a future continuation of life, will undergo many changes. it is not a matter of losing one' s faith, but rather finding what faith really is, of which this maturing process will gradually eliminate all that is a temporary prop. This renewal of beliefs and the placing of one's confidence, will be continually changing until the time comes when you arrive at what you are really seeking. Do not be disturbed at this process. Find what interests you and seek to establish your faith in it until you learn what you need to understand, and expect other things to take its place in the future. I personally went through many changes for many years and did not begin to settle down from this continual changing until I had reached my later years. Life should be a continuing quest for the establishing of one's faith until the ultimate find comes to you. Ask God to show you what you are really seeking and He will do it if you have confidence in His ability to lead you, to have an interest in your spiritual welfare, into the realm of true, mature faith. Blessings.