PDA

View Full Version : new beginnings...where do i begin?

CrystalRaven
June 4th, 2001, 03:15 PM
Merry Meet,
i am a new Witch...and i have been reading everyingthing i can find, a very close friend sent me a link to this circle and i am so glad....now maybe i can find some guidence because to be honest this is all so new to me...i have had the beliefs all my life...but forced to follow the book religions...now i am able to follow my feelings/beliefs...so please any guidence would be appreciated
Bright Blessings

Faery-Wings
June 4th, 2001, 03:32 PM
Welcome to the happiest Pagan place on earth :)

Help yourself to the goodies on the porch, someone will be by with the lemonade (psst...if they offer you spam, just say NO!).

I am a beginner too. What books are you reading? I have read Cunningham's book for solitaries, Green Witchcraft by Aomeil (sp?) and some on Kitchen Witchery.

There is a thread on Just Talk about good Pagan websites- be sure to check that out. And any questions you have, ask away!!

Chris

BB!

Faery-Wings
June 4th, 2001, 05:06 PM
CrystalRaven,
I bumped the website thread up for you. It is in Just Talk and has a great amount of some of the net's best websites.

hope this helps

Chris
:p

Elaine
June 5th, 2001, 02:53 AM
merry meet and welcome ...hope you enjoy yourself here!!!

spam???

:D

reanna
June 5th, 2001, 02:55 AM
Welcome:):):):)
Pleased to meet you:):):)

bluecat
June 5th, 2001, 04:03 AM
:cool: Welcome, CrystalRaven :cool:

Have a seat in one of Kaylara's comfy couch/chair thingies and help yourself to the lemonade! Don't worry, I'll not be offerring any SPAM, but beware of the Vikings :eek: :D ;) .

There are plenty of great sources on the net and also books to buy. I think one of the first places I would check, outside of here would be www.witchvox.com . And you might check the links on my sight too.

Don't forget to hit the kinks button on this site, yup, right up there at the top of the page, First button, first row ;) :D ; and also the resources button :D ;) :cool: .

Blue :cool:

moonmagick4
June 5th, 2001, 07:09 AM
Merry Meet and Welcome!!!It is great to have you here!!:p :p :p :p :p

tempest69
June 5th, 2001, 11:05 AM
I can't help much, but I am excellent at providing moral support.:cool:

Earth Walker
June 5th, 2001, 11:08 AM
Welcome and Merry Meet. :sunny:

To believe what you see is to be deceived.
Reject all illusions of social harmony.

Emy
June 5th, 2001, 11:45 AM
Merry meet :)

Well, a wise woman always said "start where you are standing", it doesn't work that well in english, but it means that you should just begin somewhere, and go your way from there :)

Blessings

idusty88
June 5th, 2001, 04:26 PM
I hope you enjoy yourself here; I know I do. I second the motion that the bumped thread for the 'Fav websites' is a good starting point. Good Luck on your quest.

CrystalRaven
June 6th, 2001, 11:45 AM
thank you all....you have made me feel so welcome....i will take a look at the links...:o))))))

Kiya
June 6th, 2001, 11:48 AM
Read everything you can get your hands on. You'll find a lot of inconsistancies - hey, there is no one way of doing anything. That's why we all have to follow our individual paths. Talk to people here. Post up questions and watch all the opinions fly! Nothing is too silly to post (just take a look at all the posts to do with spam - don't ask!!!!!!!!!!) and everyone is keen to share. And at least we don't all talk at once!

Bright Blessings,

:bigredgri Welcome, welcome, welcome! :bigredgri

Dria El
June 6th, 2001, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by CrystalRaven
Merry Meet,
i am a new Witch...and i have been reading everyingthing i can find, a very close friend sent me a link to this circle and i am so glad....now maybe i can find some guidence because to be honest this is all so new to me...i have had the beliefs all my life...but forced to follow the book religions...now i am able to follow my feelings/beliefs...so please any guidence would be appreciated
Bright Blessings

Welcome to MysticWicks!!! Glad to see you made it!

random
June 6th, 2001, 06:47 PM
all I can say is: ...

ditto?

<laughs softly>

Welcome.

Emerald Sky
June 6th, 2001, 07:09 PM
Hello and welcome!

Merrie
June 7th, 2001, 07:45 PM
Merrily met, Crystal Raven! :) I'm a newbie, too.
If you want someone to talk to about this stuff (or if your just really bored,) Feel free to e- mail me or something. The neophytes of the world have to stick together!
What books have you tried? Silver raven wolf's controversial books are actually really nice for just starting out--my first witchy book ever was Teen Witch. Kind of hokey, but...oh, well. :D
Also try witchvox.com, it's great.
Best of luck on your newfound path!
p.s. I'm normally very quiet, but i tend to babble in type... :)

Methanespirit
June 10th, 2001, 08:37 AM
CrystalRaven, you mentioned in your first post, that, if I'm understandig this correctly, you were (forced) to observe a book (of) religion. May I ask (and you need not answer this if you don't want to,) but what religion you were forced to observe, and why did you reject it?

~*Mar C*~
June 10th, 2001, 11:17 AM
Hey, CrystalRaven. I must say, you've chosen a GREAT place to start out at. I'm STILL fairly new to all this kind of stuff myself, but everyone here is SOOO nice and so helpful, you should have no problem starting out. Welcome to MW and visit often.

~ Jade

CrystalRaven
June 10th, 2001, 01:26 PM
the kool thing is My youngests name is Jade also...Jade Rose:o)
i am so glad i found this site..it is turning out to be everything i hoped for

~*Mar C*~
June 10th, 2001, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by CrystalRaven
the kool thing is My youngests name is Jade also...Jade Rose:o)

Really? That's cool. Jade Rose is a really cute name. How old is she? :D

~ Jade

*Lindsay*
June 11th, 2001, 11:00 PM
Crystal Raven, hey!
From the sounds of things you know more than me!!!! Do you know of any good books/sites? Do you know what the principals/beliefs of wicca are?.....and what most people want to get out of it????I have tried to lookit up on the internet, but it seems pretty unclear..... As you can tell, I an slightly cluless. Anyways, TTYL!!

Elaine
June 11th, 2001, 11:23 PM
Lindsay......first of all welcome...you will find a lot of help here...this is a wonderful place:) I've learned just about everything I know from here:) anyone here will tell you the best site to start on is www.witchvox.com

anything you need just ask and someone is sure to help you!!