PDA

View Full Version : FTL travel not teleportation.

Grey
May 26th, 2003, 09:22 AM
FTL Travel: moving faster than the spead of light.
Teleportation: instantanious travel from one point to another.

The theory:
The key to FTL is the spirit. THats right, the spirit. Not very scientific I know but let me explain, because actually it is. A spirit is pure energy right? therefore it has no mass right? now einsteins theory of reletivity dosent effect things already traveling faster then the spead of light, because "as a body of mass approaches the spead of light its mass increase exponentially, theyrefore as it becomes faster its mass increases, therebye increasing the energy needed to accellerate, or even keep speed" But if you have energy but not mass it bypasses this. anything times 0 is 0, so any expnent is 0. The multiplicative property of 0, algebra 1. As such the spirit is always in motion faster than the speed of light. Even when stationary, because nothing actually ever slows down, it just accellerates in the opposite direction, therefore the spirit can maintain a position of relative space, because its moving even though its not.
Of course if this is the case the question arrises? why dosent the spirit just randomly leave the body and go? How does it stay in sink with the body? Well this is the second part of the theory. The old idea of mind body spirit is quite literally the equation. The spirit is the energy and guiding force (as a thing that exists without mass it has energy and presence but not weight), the body is the anchor, the food, and the host. The mind is the means be which the translate one to other... the adapter if you will. The body produces energy and gives the timeless soul a feeling of time, while the soul keeps the body functioning and produces greater efficiancy, and all the things that make life differrant from other objects. The mind links them and is found where the two meet. A near perfect symbiotic relationship.
The spirit can link with any matter out there, infact (if you want to go by some philosophies) some may be bonded to all the matter out there. As I see it though life is the "optimal wavelength" that interacts with spirit. A spirit could possibly bond iwth other matter for a period of time but its most suited host would be living creatures/molecules/coumpounds, etc.
So how wuold that explain stories of instantanious transport? well as weve established if a thing ways less but has energy it goes faster. So if the spirits control of the body were fine enough it could break it down into its compnoent parts as small as required, while infusing them with energy to speed them up, traveling closer to the speed of light. While these bodily parts could never reach FTL speads, the would be moving alot faster than the eye could see, the could probably move so fast that it would be quite difficult indeed for anyone to track them, especially someone around before the elctron microscope. And when your traveling that fast, going a measly 100 miles is nothing, a ten foot hop would take less than a microsecond. so all the time that it wold take for practicle reasons (atleast if you restrict travel to the earth) the only time that would be taken up wuold be dispersal and reformation times... which would be directly effected by how efficiant and in cnotrol the spirit was. So it would seem instantantious even though it was sub-light.. bringing about the myth of teleportation.

Ahautenites
May 26th, 2003, 11:21 AM
Interesting theory, but I prefer to side with Stephen Hawking and his ideas about wormholes and other folds in the fabric of the universe. :)

younghawk
May 26th, 2003, 11:36 AM
You both are right but one is teleportation and one is complete astral travel.

In the astral there are many portals(gateways or worm holes). Knowing how to see these portals is only one step to complete astral travel. The hardest part for most people to grasp is being able to take your physical with you to the astral. It's not just like regular astral travel were you leave you physical behind as a anchor to get back. You have to completely let go and be able to take your physical with you, but then unless you know how to tell what portals are what and even how to see them, you could get stuck or end up in africa when you only wanted to go to town 15 miles down the road.

Erincelt
May 26th, 2003, 12:01 PM
Sounds like a fairly well thought out theory to me.. :) Since the Multiverse theories started getting attention a little while back I've been working to re-adapt a lot of my own theories to that model, and this actually fits in rather nicely, I think.

Now what do you think about items that disappear when dropped out of hand? ;) A friend of mine came up with an interesting theory once about "time slips" and whatnot.. ah well, off topic.

This certainly supports Astral Projection concerns though, where one's Spirit does indeed travel, and apparently at arbitrary speeds and distances.

Marchosias
May 26th, 2003, 09:42 PM
One major flaw in thine theory.

The "spirit" is not proven to exist. Besides, you wouldnt need it. "FTL" travel as you call it doesnt require something of pure energy, as the speed of light isnt some magical boundry, just a certain speed.

Grey
May 27th, 2003, 01:49 AM
But as stated according to the theory of relativity, it would have to be made of pure energy or else its mass would become infinite and therrefore require infinite energy to move. And while I am aware of the fact that the soul hasnt been "proven" to exist the majority of physics theorys, and especially metaphysics, arent proven totally. Infact the majority of physical laws have been found to have exceptions. Now if you can DISprove the existance of a sould Id agree that this theory is SOL but otherwise its an assumed thing. like a line or a point in geometry, they have no definition and dont actually exist, but it dosent make them any less true.

Rain Gnosis
May 27th, 2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Grey A spirit is pure energy right?

Uh. According to whom?

now einsteins theory of reletivity dosent effect things already traveling faster then the spead of light, because "as a body of mass approaches the spead of light its mass increase exponentially, theyrefore as it becomes faster its mass increases, therebye increasing the energy needed to accellerate, or even keep speed"

As such the spirit is always in motion faster than the speed of light. Even when stationary, because nothing actually ever slows down, it just accellerates in the opposite direction, therefore the spirit can maintain a position of relative space, because its moving even though its not.

Sorry? How can a spirit that's moving remain stationary?

why dosent the spirit just randomly leave the body and go? How does it stay in sink with the body?

Spirits don't stay in synch with the body. Many spirits stray far away from the body.

The body produces energy

How?

So if the spirits control of the body

Sorry, what if the body's decomposed? Do only dead bodies get to teleport?

Grey
May 27th, 2003, 03:58 PM
As for who says a spirit is energy... Give me a day to find my sources... but first if it isnt energy what the heck is it?

As for how can it remain stationary... you quoted that part yourself ... I believe the third quote was the one. something about acclerating in opposite directions...

True many spirits stray from the body... but NORMALLY your spirit is going to be in you body... else why sould it be an Out of Body Experiance, instead of alot of In the Body Experiances? I for one have a hard time believing your soul is more out of your body than in. Do you go into alot of trances?

How does the body produce energy? the nervous system. Your nerves are fool of electricity and are constantly replenishing the supply. As to exactly how it gets there... Ask a neurologist.

And what the heck are you talking about dead bodies teleporting? I dont see were I mentioned the dead anywhere in my post....

Its fine if you dont agree with my theory, it is afterall a theory. Please show me some logic with your arguements on this one though, cause Im not seeing it.

Rain Gnosis
May 27th, 2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Grey As for who says a spirit is energy... Give me a day to find my sources... but first if it isnt energy what the heck is it?

Since spirits can't be wholly observed or recorded by scientific means I feel they exist outside current scientific knowledge. In other words, I don't believe they are energy *or* matter. There isn't enough evidence to suggest they are either. If you believe some, spirits are really just misfirings of the brain/a form of epilepsy. How do you prove they're energy?

If they are pure energy, why are they unique individuals (souls)? Why and how are they different then kinetic or potential energy? What kind of energy are they? How did they become a different kind of energy, and how come, unlike other forms, they don't change into other forms given certain circumstances? Why can't they be observed or recorded normally?

something about acclerating in opposite directions...

Accelerating in opposite directions isn't stationary, it's moving. That's exactly what I'm getting at :)

True many spirits stray from the body... but NORMALLY your spirit is going to be in you body

Normally, yes, but not always. Spirits aren't "in synch with the body", and *do* "just randomly leave the body and go", sometimes unintentionally.

How does the body produce energy? the nervous system. Your nerves are fool of electricity and are constantly replenishing the supply. As to exactly how it gets there... Ask a neurologist.

Well, since you're doing the research here to support your theory, why don't you ask a neurologist and explain it? Your body doesn't create energy to feed things.

And what the heck are you talking about dead bodies teleporting? I dont see were I mentioned the dead anywhere in my post....

Sorry, that's my bad. You used "spirit" instead of "soul" so I thought you were talking about spirits as in ghosts.

Please show me some logic with your arguements on this one though, cause Im not seeing it.

That's why I'm posting, Grey.

Oh yes and I'm feeling fine, why are you asking?

Rain Gnosis
May 27th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Also, back to the ghost thing - if the brain is an intermediary between the spirit and the body, why do ghosts exist, even when the brain is dead or even when the body has decomposed?

Rain Gnosis
May 27th, 2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Rain Gnosis Your body doesn't create energy to feed things

Let me put this a different way - nerve impulses are created and propagated for a specific reason. What evidence supports your idea that these impulses "feed" a spirit rather then doing the job they are created for?

Marchosias
May 27th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Grey
like a line or a point in geometry,

Hey, thinking of that stuff still hurts my noggin'. :p

Marchosias
May 27th, 2003, 05:31 PM

but first if it isnt energy what the heck is it?

Exactly.

Rain Gnosis
May 27th, 2003, 07:58 PM
Incidentally, all the recent talk of temporal lobe epilepsy and Amit Goswami's interview (http://www.wie.org/j11/goswamintro.asp) along with this discussion has prompted me to pick up a book on the physics of consciousness. So I look forward to some of the response.

Grey
May 27th, 2003, 09:36 PM
Alrighty then thank you for the explainations.

As for the spirit being "misfiring" of the brain, I stated no such thing. The spirit is energy, it is not created by the body, but it is replenished. (thats what I ment by the "feeding") Doing something with energy requires it to be used, as conciousness is an act, it requires energy. This energy is replenished by the nervous system.
The nervous system produces energy in the form of electricity, heat, radiation, etc all across the bandwidth. However even though theyre all pure energy that doesnt mean that they are all on the same exact wavelength, or that that wavelength is even detectable by todays scietific means. In that I agree with you, science has a hard time studying the spirit, but inferences can be made from what we do no and can detect.
As for doing the job they are created to do, this energy supply is easily enough to power all the bodies process with alot of energy to spare, most of which simply stays with the body, this is the energy that comprises and replenishes the body. The spirit jump-starts this process, starting and growing from the cycle.
As for "becoming" a differrant type of energy, who said anything about them "becoming" anything? the energy of the spirit doesnt nessacerrilly need to change. Atleast not from microwaves to gamma waves to light spectrum. And as for scieintists studying the energy of the spirit, there have been a few instances when auras have been studied using radiation sensors.

Yes its accellerating in all directions, technically moving. however if its puts equal pressure in going each direction, it shall reamin stationary, as the force will be equal to the resistance.

Yes spirits ARE in sync with the body, thats why they Normally stay in it. Its when the spirit fallls out of sync, is cut off, drawn out, or pulls itself out, that it can leave the body, it requires an effort, or a chance mistake to be sent out. Even if a pair of magnets are linked N-S they can still be pulled apart, or if one is hit hard by a hammer and demagnatized or has its polarity change, they can be put apart.

Thank you for explaining your Q's I really couldnt see the logic behing them. I asked after your health for this reason as you are normally a logical and well thought debater, I thought maybe something had happened, though from your resent posts I see this is obviously not the case, my appologies.

*bows* Talking to you is always so much fun. Its good to have intelligent people around :boing:. gets rather boring on a farm, most of the critters around here arent much for conversation.

Grey
May 27th, 2003, 09:39 PM
Also on the subject of OBE, have you ever heard of bio-rythums?

Rain Gnosis
May 27th, 2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Grey As for the spirit being "misfiring" of the brain, I stated no such thing.

No, as I said, some people would tell you that. I wasn't referring to you. There's probably another thread on the temporal lobe epilepsy bit here.

The spirit is energy, it is not created by the body, but it is replenished. (thats what I ment by the "feeding")

Ok, what is your evidence to that?

As for doing the job they are created to do, this energy supply is easily enough to power all the bodies process with alot of energy to spare

Again, I'd love to see your references as I'm very interested in this. What experiments have been done to show that the energy created to fire nerves is greater then that used? How do you suppose this would affect people in terms of other forms of electricity? (for instance, lightning, electrical machinery, static cling)

As for "becoming" a differrant type of energy, who said anything about them "becoming" anything?

Many times energy will change from one form to another (for instance, when a ball is pushed off an edge). What kind of energy are you referring to, and why doesn't it change? Is it electrical energy, and if so how does it relate to the properties of electrical energy? Why is it pure and unchanging? Why does it stay together? What attracts it to itself? What happens to said energy when someone dies? What happens when ghosts manifest?

Yes spirits ARE in sync with the body, thats why they Normally stay in it.

If they don't *always* stay in it, they aren't in synch with it. You could say "sometimes they are in synch with it, sometimes they are not".

Even if a pair of magnets are linked N-S they can still be pulled apart, or if one is hit hard by a hammer and demagnatized or has its polarity change, they can be put apart.

Magnets don't stay in synch with eachother.

I asked after your health for this reason as you are normally a logical and well thought debater,

Nope, no health problems affecting my ability to post (perhaps unfortunately :D). Thanks for your concern.

Grey
May 28th, 2003, 08:36 PM
Evidence for the spirit being energy and the body replenishing it when spent. Well for something you can do right here, take a look at some of the threads here on magic, any whitch will tell you that spells require energy.... Focusing it, sending it out, changing its vibrations, etc. But notice that when your done with a long day of metaphysical use your quite exhausted, not your body really, though it can be aswell, your just "drained", your can still concentrate so its not your mind really, or your body but your spirit.
As for the extra energy, I ask that you do a little research into Aura's as the subject is a little to large to brush through here. Suffice it to say that scientists, have studied and recorded their visual appearances and energy wavelengths. Not to mention the thousands of people who are said to see them, and the multiple techniques shown to allow people to do so.
Also terrets, a form of nervous spasms, are when a nerve is "set off" by a jolt of energy that activitates it, therebycauseing the muscles and whatnot attached to it to move. Yet afterwards the body is not drained of energy as it would be if the nervous system could only produce enough energy to keep itself going... on attack and it would be all over, infact I wouldnt be posting here if that was the case; having a mild form of it myself.

As for ghosts, they exist as they are just a spirit. The dont normally show any intelligent action, infact I cant remember ever reading about one acting in a full concious way.

Ok on to the changing types of energy, yes energy does change form one form to an other. They do not however do this without some sort of trigger, or catalyst. A gamma ray will not spontaneously change to infra-red radiation. Now you can cause it to go from one wavelength to another, but you do have to make it happen. Otherwise radios, t.v.'s, the sun, photosynthesis, nuclear power, microwave ovens, normal ovens, ifact anything using solar energy or heat would only work spamodicly, as the enrgy would shift back and forth randomly, rendering it relatively usless.

And yet again, spirits are in sync with the body, occaisionall fluctuations that bring them out of sync for a limited period of time do not change the fact that otherwise they are insync with the body, again take a look at biorythims, a field of science where they monitor the body and spirits energy flucuations in order to determine everythig from state of ohysical health to creative ability.
Also not the people with energy blocks, chakra problems, auratic disturbances, magnetic flucuations, or any other problems with there energy flow and level; will often have mental and physical problems. In most instances these problems are cleared up when the energy problem is.

A magnets polarity has to be oriented correctly in relation to the other magnet in order to function. In this sense they are in sync though I ment it mostly as a symbolical example.

As for it being unfortuanate that your posting, no I think not. As the scientific method states, we must make a theory and then see if it is proven wrong. A theory that is true will not be.

When deeling scientificly with something like the soul philosophy and theology, not to mention linear thinkingand other logic formats, can and should be brought in as evidence. Atleast the ones that have been around long enough to be shown to be valid. If we went on nothing but what could be directly observed for our information, then it would be impossible to prove a mathmatical theory as you would have to show taht it was correct for an infinate number of instances, and theyfore would require an infinitly long time to show.

Rain Gnosis
June 4th, 2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Grey threads here on magic, any whitch will tell you that spells require energy

The question is not does energy exist, it's how can you prove that's what spirits are composed of, assuming you can even nail down what the spirit or soul is.

But notice that when your done with a long day of metaphysical use your quite exhausted, not your body really, though it can be aswell, your just "drained"

Some people are yes, others are not.

As for the extra energy, I ask that you do a little research into Aura's as the subject

This doesn't answer the question. Experiments done are not conclusive and have not proven the mechanics of auras.

Some links of interest;

http://www.kevinhogan.com/aura.htm
http://home.attbi.com/~crlang/aura_rp2.htm

Also terrets, a form of nervous spasms

Assuming a nerve misfires, there's no reason to assume it misfires all existing energy within the body and that thus the body would cease to live upon such a misfire. One misfire does not constitute all the energy in the body.

The dont normally show any intelligent action, infact I cant remember ever reading about one acting in a full concious way.

Then you've had very, very limited experience with ghosts. You've mentioned in other threads you think ghosts are angry or confused - wouldn't that be conscious thought? That they should go on to the "other side" wouldn't be "intelligent action"?

They do not however do this without some sort of trigger, or catalyst.

Catalysts exist all around us all the time. What I'm asking is how you're defining the energy you're speaking of, why aren't there catalysts that cause it to change.

biorythims

I'm not sure how this proves your point - biorhythms work because they measure bioenergyinformatic field around the body, obviously then they are going to reflect the body. It also proves that electricity exists in the body, which is well known anyway.

If we went on nothing but what could be directly observed for our information, then it would be impossible to prove a mathmatical theory as you would have to show taht it was correct for an infinate number of instances

Uh, what we go on is a hypothesis that can be proven to have the same results in the same circumstances repeatedly. It doesn't require an "infinite number of instances". By your thinking nothing could ever be proven.

This may be of interest to you
http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/Alternative/New_Physics/
http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/Physics/
http://www.consciousness.arizona.edu/quantum-mind.html

Marchosias
June 4th, 2003, 07:49 AM

Evidence for the spirit being energy and the body replenishing it when spent. Well for something you can do right here, take a look at some of the threads here on magic, any whitch will tell you that spells require energy.... Focusing it, sending it out, changing its vibrations, etc. But notice that when your done with a long day of metaphysical use your quite exhausted, not your body really, though it can be aswell, your just "drained", your can still concentrate so its not your mind really, or your body but your spirit.
As for the extra energy, I ask that you do a little research into Aura's as the subject is a little to large to brush through here. Suffice it to say that scientists, have studied and recorded their visual appearances and energy wavelengths. Not to mention the thousands of people who are said to see them, and the multiple techniques shown to allow people to do so.
Also terrets, a form of nervous spasms, are when a nerve is "set off" by a jolt of energy that activitates it, therebycauseing the muscles and whatnot attached to it to move. Yet afterwards the body is not drained of energy as it would be if the nervous system could only produce enough energy to keep itself going... on attack and it would be all over, infact I wouldnt be posting here if that was the case; having a mild form of it myself.

As for ghosts, they exist as they are just a spirit. The dont normally show any intelligent action, infact I cant remember ever reading about one acting in a full concious way.

Ok on to the changing types of energy, yes energy does change form one form to an other. They do not however do this without some sort of trigger, or catalyst. A gamma ray will not spontaneously change to infra-red radiation. Now you can cause it to go from one wavelength to another, but you do have to make it happen. Otherwise radios, t.v.'s, the sun, photosynthesis, nuclear power, microwave ovens, normal ovens, ifact anything using solar energy or heat would only work spamodicly, as the enrgy would shift back and forth randomly, rendering it relatively usless.

And yet again, spirits are in sync with the body, occaisionall fluctuations that bring them out of sync for a limited period of time do not change the fact that otherwise they are insync with the body, again take a look at biorythims, a field of science where they monitor the body and spirits energy flucuations in order to determine everythig from state of ohysical health to creative ability.
Also not the people with energy blocks, chakra problems, auratic disturbances, magnetic flucuations, or any other problems with there energy flow and level; will often have mental and physical problems. In most instances these problems are cleared up when the energy problem is.

A magnets polarity has to be oriented correctly in relation to the other magnet in order to function. In this sense they are in sync though I ment it mostly as a symbolical example.

As for it being unfortuanate that your posting, no I think not. As the scientific method states, we must make a theory and then see if it is proven wrong. A theory that is true will not be.

When deeling scientificly with something like the soul philosophy and theology, not to mention linear thinkingand other logic formats, can and should be brought in as evidence. Atleast the ones that have been around long enough to be shown to be valid. If we went on nothing but what could be directly observed for our information, then it would be impossible to prove a mathmatical theory as you would have to show taht it was correct for an infinate number of instances, and theyfore would require an infinitly long time to show.

Seeing as how the "spirit" and auras have NOT been proven, and CERTAINLY it is not known HOW they work (assuming they exist) , then it would probably behoove you to use proven evidence or well-grounded theories. This is almost sounding like the theology forum. Justa thought. :)

Ben Gruagach
June 4th, 2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Rain Gnosis I'm not sure how this proves your point - biorhythms work because they measure bioenergyinformatic field around the body, obviously then they are going to reflect the body. It also proves that electricity exists in the body, which is well known anyway.

Umm... just a point of clarification on terminology.

Biorhythms are the postulated cycles (physical, emotional, intellectual, intuitive) of our daily lives. By charting those cycles from the the time you were born they try to predict the highs and lows you're likely to encounter in daily living.

I suspect what people were meaning was "biofeedback," not "biorhythm."

Biofeedback is the process of measuring processes in the body (often energy states like the skin's electrical resistance, or brainwaves, but also pulse, breathing rate, etc.) and making it perceptible in an audible or visual way, to "feed back" to the person the current state. By hearing or seeing where your state is you can usually learn to control it, making the audible or visual cue change which means the particular body state is changing.

http://www.qns.com/html/weborhythm/ talks about biorhythms and provides an online calculator to chart the cycles.

http://www.aapb.org/ is an interesting site about biofeedback. Click on their "about biofeedback" link at the left for an explanation of what it is.

Sorry for the side comment!

Rain Gnosis
June 4th, 2003, 01:24 PM
I just realized last night after I logged off, often you mention the spirit consists of nerve impulse excess etc. etc. so you're saying the spirit consists of electrical energy, rather then some sort of esoteric kind of energy you haven't defined? If so, that adds all kinds of other questions into the mix.

Rain Gnosis
June 4th, 2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Ben Gruagach

Biorhythms are the postulated cycles (physical, emotional, intellectual, intuitive) of our daily lives.

Just so you know, Ben, I was about to say the same thing exactly until I found this page about some experiments;

http://www.theodynamics.com/theo/volume2/chapter17.html

"For example, if one’s biorhythms ebb and flow it should be reflected in the bioenergyinformatic field surrounding the seen body. "

"As most folks know, biorhythms are static. They begin at bio-cellular birth and continue until B-cells fail. The physical, as reported by Matthew Green of the Institute of Technical Energy Medicine, is reflected in the first four inches surrounding the seen body and repeats the cycle every 23 days. The next sphere eighteen inches out, emotional, repeats every 28 days and next the intellectual (lesser akashics) repeats every 33 days."

In other words, the cycles are based on observations of energy around the body. Which is what I was getting at.

Ben Trismegistus
June 4th, 2003, 01:46 PM
There's been a lot said on this forum, but I'd like to touch on something that no one has mentioned.

What's the point of FTL travel if you can only do it as pure energy, thus leaving your body behind?

Or else, are you discussing a theory similar to the transporters on Star Trek, whereby your energy signature is transported from place to place, and your body is reassembled from matter than happens to be lying around at your destination?

Either way, it sounds more like fantasy than science to me. I think that the quantum physicists are closer to figuring out this sort of thing.

Ben Gruagach
June 4th, 2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Rain Gnosis

Just so you know, Ben, I was about to say the same thing exactly until I found this page about some experiments;

http://www.theodynamics.com/theo/volume2/chapter17.html

"For example, if one?s biorhythms ebb and flow it should be reflected in the bioenergyinformatic field surrounding the seen body. "

[some detail omitted for brevity]

In other words, the cycles are based on observations of energy around the body. Which is what I was getting at.

The cycles (called "biorhythms") might very well be the result of energy fields of the body. My point was that it's not exactly correct to refer to the energy as "biorhythm" which is a cyclic measurement of this purported energy.

Rain Gnosis
June 4th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Ben Gruagach
My point was that it's not exactly correct to refer to the energy as "biorhythm" which is a cyclic measurement of this purported energy.

*nods* I'm still not sure what energy exactly Grey is talking about here.

Colour me still confused :)

Xentor
July 6th, 2003, 07:11 PM
I thought this an interesting little question:

Suppose FTL is possible with something weightless, and assume the spirit exists of electrical energy, why choose a spirit?

I thought electrical energy has mass? (My physics is a leettle rusty...) If so, the spirit has mass, and FTL wouldn't be possible for a spirit.

Grey
July 8th, 2003, 01:08 PM
Hellos Im back! need to catch up here...

Xentor, and everyone else that has asked this question: Im not talk about electrical energy but pure energy. Electrical energy is moving electrons so yes it would have mass. The body puts off energy of all kinds and with the proper experiance control them. As I beleive you stated on twigs thread "we cant explain it scientificaly we can only document it"

Xentor
July 9th, 2003, 04:51 PM
Okay, how about this:

Every kind of energy is perceived through the movement of particles. Without particles, nothing moves. No matter: no waves. No movement: no energy.

If that's true, then even spiritual energy has to have something to vibrate. This could be a brain (simply assuming, no references here). In that case, when the spiritual energy is directed onto an astral plane, there still should be something to make waves in. That means that there's still mass somewhere and FTL isn't possible.

This reasoning falls down as soon as someone can come up with energy that doesn't need matter to exist. (Would that exclude religious astral planes? I don't know. Can they be studied scientifically? I don't know.)

Altheia
July 11th, 2003, 09:37 AM
Interesting theory, but I prefer to side with Stephen Hawking and his ideas about wormholes and other folds in the fabric of the universe. :)

same here for me....interesting read and all...but a little far fetched for me...plus it's too early in the AM for me to be thinking...