PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Energy for my Son

Toad
June 15th, 2003, 12:41 PM
My son, Reid (he is 5), has been having some issues with ADHD type symptoms which the doctors have traced back to sleep apnea caused by his enlarged tonsils and adnoids. Tomorrow morning they are going to remove his tonsils and adnoids.

I know its not that big of a procedure...its done all the time. Still if you could spare some energy to help speed his recovery I would be greatly appreciative!

Thank you all in advance!

Blessings!

WillowSageheart
June 15th, 2003, 12:53 PM
Coming yours and his way! Much better to lose them now as later, and way better than those horrid drugs they keep trying to push on kids.

Good luck to all of you.

Ravens_Tears
June 15th, 2003, 12:56 PM
Of course! Energy sent!

MammaStar
June 15th, 2003, 01:12 PM
Here's many ICE CREAM energies sent. :)

Old Witch
June 15th, 2003, 05:07 PM
Energy sent.......and have the little guy eat some ice cream for me when it's over.........

teyl
June 15th, 2003, 06:54 PM
Energy sent Toad, hope he feels better soon.

Scarlettvixen
June 16th, 2003, 08:31 AM
sending ice cream and ice block (think u guys call them popsicles?) energy!
i had them done at 28 - way harder!

Faery-Wings
June 16th, 2003, 09:10 AM
It doesn't matter how "routine" a procedure is when it is for your child.

Many blessings to your son and to you and the rest of your family too.

Semele
June 16th, 2003, 01:51 PM
Hoping things went well for you guys. I was thinking about you as we were sitting in his doc's office this morning. Let us know how things turn out and if you need anything give us a call.

Toad
June 16th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Thank you all for your well wishes and energy. Mr Reid is doing exceptionally well...to quote ther nurse "You couldnt expect any better reaction" - he is of course sore...and a little out of sorts...but literally we are having to make him stay on the couch. Heck he only need morphine in recovery he hasnt had anyting since! Doc even commented on the lack of bleeding during the operation. Truly this could not have gone better.

Whatever it is that they give the kids before they go into surgery...the nurses referred to it as goofy juice...well I have got to find where I can get my hands on some of that. He was having one hell of a good time as they wheeled him into the operating theatre.

Sincerely thank you all for the thoughts, prayers and energy...overall we have had as good of a time of this as we could have hoped for.

Semele
June 17th, 2003, 12:06 PM
Whatever it is that they give the kids before they go into surgery...the nurses referred to it as goofy juice...well I have got to find where I can get my hands on some of that.

LOL!! Either Versed or Noctec. They are both fun! There is one pediatrician in town that prescribes it to help kids sleep from time to time..to time. We call him all sorts of fun variations of his real name, which unfortunately I can't share here, but trust me it's funny.

Glad to hear he is doing so well.

Flar's Freyja
June 17th, 2003, 12:50 PM
Sent Reiki as promised.

I could use some goofy juice for my erratic schedule due to my hubby's bad sleep habits that are still affecting me - I can't seem to get him on a human schedule........

Toad
June 17th, 2003, 01:03 PM
Sent Reiki as promised.

:hugz:

My wife and I talked about this a lot last night. Reid really has done just exceptionally well...to the point where the doctors and nurses even remarked how well he was doing. Even now I am getting reports of requests to go swimming from our little patient. :rolleyes:

I cant help but think that the prayers and energy along with the Reiki had a large part to do with this.

Sincerely - thank you all!

I could use some goofy juice for my erratic schedule due to my hubby's bad sleep habits that are still affecting me - I can't seem to get him on a human schedule........

Had I some 'goofy juice' I would gladly share.

As for your hubbys sleeping habits...I can offer you the use of my 4-pound hammer...it does wonders for rendering folks sleepy. :smoke:

Seriously though Freyja - have you tried any herbal remedies? I know of a couple recipe's that have helped me in the past. Also...one of the best remedies I have found is a set of earplugs (I use the wax variety) and blinders...sometimes the simpliest solutions are the most effective.

Flar's Freyja
June 17th, 2003, 01:07 PM
:hugz:

My wife and I talked about this a lot last night. Reid really has done just exceptionally well...to the point where the doctors and nurses even remarked how well he was doing. Even now I am getting reports of requests to go swimming from our little patient. :rolleyes:

I cant help but think that the prayers and energy along with the Reiki had a large part to do with this.

Sincerely - thank you all!

Had I some 'goofy juice' I would gladly share.

As for your hubbys sleeping habits...I can offer you the use of my 4-pound hammer...it does wonders for rendering folks sleepy. :smoke:

Seriously though Freyja - have you tried any herbal remedies? I know of a couple recipe's that have helped me in the past. Also...one of the best remedies I have found is a set of earplugs (I use the wax variety) and blinders...sometimes the simpliest solutions are the most effective.

Ain't it wonderful how kids are so resilient? :D

Kava Kava has helped as well as Valerian, and even Calcium. But the problem really lies in my not being home very much and when I am, wanting to spend time with him. So, I end up staying up with him, and we didn't get to bed til 5:30 a.m. today. I have to get up at 5:00 or so tomorrow to drive to Claremore for one of my jobs, so sleeping in til 11:00 just to get about six hours sleep will kind of mess up getting to bed on time. It's really my own fault.

However, the other night I was so tired that I just crashed in the bed while he was at the comp with lights on and everything!

Altheia
June 17th, 2003, 01:19 PM
It's great to hear that he's doing so well, my nephew had the same procedure done about two years ago when he was three...they wanted to wait but he would have eventually suffocated himself while he was sleeping...I'm just glad that everything went as well as it did for you. :rolleyes: :woot: :bouncybob

jennymac
June 17th, 2003, 06:24 PM
Sending much healing energy your way!
popsicles and Jello will be his new best friend!!LOL
Jenny

WillowSageheart
June 18th, 2003, 03:22 AM
I'm so happy he is doing better. By now he's probably forgotten all about it. Know what you mean about the goofy juice. It was prescribed for my son once for intense dental work. For some reason it didn't work like it did on my daughter before her surgery... at least not until AFTER the dental work was done.

He eventually passed out in my arms while I tried to write out a check. The whole time, there was a kid in the waiting room throwing a fit about how he wasn't going to go in... that the doctor was mean and would hurt him. He eventually quieted down, and I came out with my son on my shoulder.

The kid took one look at my son and let out a blood-curtling scream that ended in "Look... the doctor KILLED HIM!!!" I tried to wake my son to show the kid he was ok, but he didn't move. I felt bad, but couldn't help laughing all the way to the car. That poor mother...

Anyway, glad the energy and reiki worked. That combined with his own resiliency is truly miracle.