PDA

View Full Version : Looking into Druidism...

Emerald Oak
June 16th, 2003, 12:41 PM
A Druidic friend of mine told me that Gardner borrowed a lot from Druidism. Does that mean Wicca has Druidic roots in it?

If so, I'd like some good website/book suggestions :D

PS: :loveydove <---Isn't that cool?!

Aequitas
June 26th, 2003, 04:15 PM
A Druidic friend of mine told me that Gardner borrowed a lot from Druidism. Does that mean Wicca has Druidic roots in it?

mmmm, no. Your druid friend was blowing a little bit of smoke, it sounds like. :)

Siarlas
June 27th, 2003, 01:22 AM

If so, I'd like some good website/book suggestions :D

PS: :loveydove <---Isn't that cool?!

Philip Carr-Gomm has written a book called Druidcraft. Basically about the similarites between Wicca and Druidry. I believe he also mentions how a Wiccan (?) might incorporate Druidic views/practices and vice versa... ugh... I'm not even sure if I'm explaining this right. I'll get the article out tonight and post something a little more coherent.
Otherwise, their might be something on his site which is at http://philipcarrgomm.druidry.org.

edit - to fix a few things and to add this;

"I have always been interested in the connections between the two traditions, as was my Druid teacher, Ross Nichols."
"Then in recent years, I noticed that many Wiccans were becoming Druids, or adding Druid ideas into their practice, and indeed, many Druids were becoming Wiccans."

This from Philips interview.
and dang it... I was gonna see if the magazine had the interview on their site, but apparently they're reconstructing...

She-Arna
June 27th, 2003, 01:49 AM
I actually own Druidcraft, it's quite good book, wiht lots of exercises and quite a few myths. I really liked the format too.

Aequitas
June 27th, 2003, 08:58 AM
So..

What pray tell are these similarities?