PDA

View Full Version : Classical music with a new twist...

Kaylara
June 6th, 2001, 02:48 PM
I just downloaded a techno version of Bach's Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor, and WOW! It is so cool! Does anyone else have any really cool classical music that has been turned into techno that they LIKE?

I also like the techno version of The Phantom of the Opera that I have!

Kaylara

Apotheosis
June 6th, 2001, 04:50 PM
The dual disc set of Metallica performing with the ...San Francisco? San Diego? ...uh....some S Philharmonic Orchestra is a real treat. Not exactly every day listening though....

Kaylara
June 6th, 2001, 04:58 PM
I agree... There was a time when I like Metallica, and would have enjoyed this cd... (I liked the version of Metallica songs with the Cellos) But, the whole Napster thing just killed it for me... I refuse to listen to them anymore because I think that it's wrong to try to sue 30,000 of your fans, and turn around and belittle them... (*Cliff would be turning over in his grave*)

Kaylara

MammaStar
June 6th, 2001, 10:29 PM
[i].. (*Cliff would be turning over in his grave*)

Kaylara [/B]

Why do you think Jason left the band.:eek:

Armitage
June 7th, 2001, 08:08 PM
I have a song by Apoptygma Berzerk that has rather long snippets of Carmina Burana in it...And I think a techno-mix of the same song exists.

Kaylara
June 7th, 2001, 09:22 PM
I have that one! It's a great song and a wonderful cd... I have also found a techno version of the Moonlight Sonata!!!

Kaylara

*My Love for you will make us both fly higher*

Apotheosis
June 8th, 2001, 10:54 AM
Mentioning the Carmina Burana reminded me of my favorite Enigma CD, "The Screen Behind the Mirror", which features samples of Oh Fortuna througout.

Not exactly dance or techno, but pretty nifty.

Shy Hawk
June 8th, 2001, 11:50 AM
Download Toccata and Fugue in D minor (I believe that's it, off the top of my head) by Vanessa Mae....or May, or something like that. She is a Violinist, and she does traditional Classical, and Electric Violin stuff...she adds her own spin and I for one, think it's amazing stuff. Please check it out.
Shy Hawk

Kaylara
June 8th, 2001, 12:00 PM
Yep, that's the one that I downloaded! What a great song! I really like the way they mix the classical violins, and the techno. It really makes the changes in Tempo, Key Signature, and Time Signature sounding really good. ;)

Kaylara

loopy
June 9th, 2001, 11:40 PM
Wow, I downloaded some of the songs you guys mentioned...I have to say, I'm very pleasantly surprised. It's all very good! :)