PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favorite Star Trek Series?

DayDreamer
June 27th, 2003, 10:37 AM
Which do you like best?

MammaStar
June 27th, 2003, 10:46 AM
I like all of them, really. I didn't really get into Voyager or Enterprise much. It's fun watching the old ones with the cheezy effects.

Toad
June 27th, 2003, 10:54 AM
Hands down the original series... Its cheesy sets bad hair and all.

You have the typical southern doctor, the supreme vulcan science officer, a scot for your chief engineer (Scotty is my hero) and of course the original horn dog for a captain. A foxey com officer and nutty russian navigator and of course the coolest asian of the decade in Sulu. =) A true multicultural, multigender melting pot that showed the world that anything is possible. OK...maybe thats a bit much...but I do love the original series. :lol:

No matter which generation trek fan you are...or even if you are not a fan particularly...you have to give props to the original cast and crew. They truly set a precedent for TV shows.

Of course all of this is subjective...but the original cast just had something that I have not seen since.

Ahautenites
June 27th, 2003, 11:07 AM
DS9 rocks!!!!!

(And not just because I loved the Weyouns.)

Rain Gnosis
June 27th, 2003, 11:07 AM
TNG is the one we watched every night at supper for years so that's my favourite.

Ahautenites
June 27th, 2003, 11:10 AM
**grins** And that's the only show in the world where I can look at it for 1 second (if that) and know *exactly* which episode is on. No one even needs to speak. It's neat. I've seen the reruns waaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

~ Monk ~
June 27th, 2003, 11:18 AM
DS9 hands down.

Ahautenites
June 27th, 2003, 11:28 AM
Woohoo! Knew there was a reason I liked you, Shpongle. :D

~ Monk ~
June 27th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Woohoo! Knew there was a reason I liked you, Shpongle. :D

:sadeyes: You mean this is the only reason?

:D

Then only ST series I haven't liked is Enterprise, but DS9 just rocks.

Ahautenites
June 27th, 2003, 11:54 AM
**laughs** You know, I thought of that after I posted it. **hugs** You're wonderful, and your affinity for DS9 is not the only thing that makes you likeable.

Ben Trismegistus
June 27th, 2003, 12:30 PM
Although I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the original series (for all its flaws and silliness), I would say that Next Generation is hands-down the best Star Trek series.

It's the best written, the best acted, the deepest (if that term can be used for sci-fi). There are certain episodes, most notably the one in the last season where Picard is struck by an alien probe and experiences 40-some years in the life of another person in a doomed culture, and the two-part Locutus of Borg cliffhanger, which I would consider some of the best television I've seen. I was really upset when they ended the show, in its prime as far as I was concerned.

I haven't been able to get into any of the other series. DS9 was good at first, but after a while it seemed that all the characters were constantly cranky. Voyager got boring after a while, and Enterprise (the few episodes I saw) seemed to be a one-trick pony about how brash and ballsy the early Starfleet guys were.

For my money, it's TNG. :)

(Yes, I'm a super geek.)

~ Monk ~
June 27th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Voyager got boring after a while, and Enterprise (the few episodes I saw) seemed to be a one-trick pony about how brash and ballsy the early Starfleet guys were.

I actually grew to like Voyager more after I realized Enterprise wasn't gonna do it for me. Last year one of our local channels started playing Voyager episodes in order from the first season so I started to record them - it's really not as bad a show as it's made out to be.

I think Enterprise's biggest problem is that the characters are pretty bland. Jeffrey Combs makes a good Andorian though.

Ahautenites
June 27th, 2003, 04:59 PM
Jeffrey Combs..... **sighs** Yummy.

DianaStormDancer
June 27th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Although I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the original series (for all its flaws and silliness), I would say that Next Generation is hands-down the best Star Trek series.

It's the best written, the best acted, the deepest (if that term can be used for sci-fi). There are certain episodes, most notably the one in the last season where Picard is struck by an alien probe and experiences 40-some years in the life of another person in a doomed culture, and the two-part Locutus of Borg cliffhanger, which I would consider some of the best television I've seen. I was really upset when they ended the show, in its prime as far as I was concerned.

I haven't been able to get into any of the other series. DS9 was good at first, but after a while it seemed that all the characters were constantly cranky. Voyager got boring after a while, and Enterprise (the few episodes I saw) seemed to be a one-trick pony about how brash and ballsy the early Starfleet guys were.

For my money, it's TNG. :)

(Yes, I'm a super geek.)

I couldn't have said it better myself...I whole heartedly concur :)

teyl
June 27th, 2003, 07:35 PM
Oooh a hard one. I never really got into the original Star Trek. Over here we might get star trek on a tuesday night at maybe 10:30pm so I have had to watch every ep on video no let me re-phrase that... I own every episode on video.
The next Generation is my all time favourite. I love Worf, I want to marry him. (I even like I.M. Weasel cos Michael Dorn does the voice) In high school I used to wear a star trek com badge and try to beam myself up all the time. And I do know that I would kill for a replicator some days.

SylverStar
June 27th, 2003, 07:39 PM
Ok I'm not a Trekie..really. ;) But I voted Next Gen. I also liked DS9. I also watch Voyager sometimes. I really don't like Enterprise though.

Old Witch
June 27th, 2003, 07:55 PM
I grew up with the Original crew........Love TNG!........Adored DS9........Voyager was my least favorite, altho I liked it still.........Enterprise is really intriguing and I love it..........

Voyager seemed ..........dark and unhappy to me..........But I watched every episode........over and over............I loved Kate Mulgrew since Ryans Hope.............Voyager should have been my favorite .........I named my rottweiller after Curzon Dax from DS9.........

Edited for........never a Trekker.........A Trekkie till the day I beam up!!

Old Witch
June 27th, 2003, 07:58 PM
Oooh a hard one. I never really got into the original Star Trek. Over here we might get star trek on a tuesday night at maybe 10:30pm so I have had to watch every ep on video no let me re-phrase that... I own every episode on video.
The next Generation is my all time favourite. I love Worf, I want to marry him. (I even like I.M. Weasel cos Michael Dorn does the voice) In high school I used to wear a star trek com badge and try to beam myself up all the time. And I do know that I would kill for a replicator some days.

Michael Dorn has the most beautiful eyes............

SylverStar
June 27th, 2003, 10:19 PM
I always liked Levar Burton's eyes

I guess we did't see them much in the series though

LadyOak
July 17th, 2003, 11:47 AM
Does anyone out there remember the very FIRST episode of Star Trek?
Before William Shatner? Mmmmm?

Gareth
July 17th, 2003, 11:53 AM
Voyager was my favorite.

Pan
July 18th, 2003, 11:22 PM
Voyager!

The women of TNG scare the crap out of me... they're so beefy and manly it's freaky. 8O

DS9... I used to watch all the time until Sisko (sp) just got too ... horrible for his own good. It just got way too religious and less like Star Trek. I'm all for religion, but this is SCI FI. If I want religion, I'll watch something else. ;)

Original. Kirk. 'nuff said. *gag*

Enterprise? YUCK!!! I can't stand it. I watched 2 episodes and about threw something at the TV. :/ Bad idea to begin with. We want something NEW!! Not some past memory. I just didn't like it at all.

I'll watch TNG (I love Picard) and DS9 (because Quark is an object of my affections. Ah.. beloved Ferengi) and sometimes the original (Spock and all the reast, save Kirk. Never did like him)... but never Enterprise.

It just sucks that Voyager is only on at about 3am on a local station. :( Sadness.

Ravens_Tears
July 19th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Does anyone out there remember the very FIRST episode of Star Trek?
Before William Shatner? Mmmmm?

** raises her hand ** :)

I admit it I'm a sci-fi nut, I love them all!