PDA

View Full Version : Tree info.

Fianna
June 30th, 2003, 05:30 AM
Hi everyone

I am Irish/Scots born but living in Netherlands. I want to get to know trees more. It is difficult trying to find some information on the internet.

I visited a small Island in the North and collected some leaves from the native trees but when I asked their names they were of course all in Dutch.

I wonder if anyone knows a good site where I can find pictures of the foliage in order to learn more about the trees in my area.

Thanks in advance

SylverStar
June 30th, 2003, 08:32 AM
You can get pretty good books at bookstores on foliage, trees, ect. They have pictures, latin and common name, descriptions, ect. in them. The audobon society has a whole bunch of them on different things in nature. I really enjoy them. They're usually in the nature section and they're about $10. A good reference book.

Fianna
June 30th, 2003, 11:36 AM
Hi thanks

I tried that already - I was going to order some books but the P & P was more than the cost of the books. The ones here are of course - all in Dutch. Maybe I should move home and then I can get what I want at my local bookstore.

I will try online and see if I can find somewhere a bit cheaper than Amazon or Barnes & Noble - they have a lot but it is the sending it that kills the budget :-)

Thanks again for your help.

SylverStar
July 1st, 2003, 03:49 AM
Did you look at the scientific names. Those are universial. If I see anything online I'll let you know.

Fianna
July 3rd, 2003, 01:19 AM
I will and thanks again. I managed to find out a lot about Druid Lore and wanted to match the trees up. There are a lot which name them but don't show them.