PDA

View Full Version : The Lord and Lady as Yin and Yang

mark krauss
June 7th, 2001, 11:49 PM
Many times I feel limited by specific names for the deities. I also feel gender roles for the gods to be limiting. The terms Yin and Yang are more suggestive of qualitys and attributes than gender/cultural specific dieties. I suppose one of the reasons that I get hung up on this is because I have known some women with some very strong yang energy and some men with equally strong yin. I welcome feedback on the above and thoughts on the similarities between Taoisim and Wicca.

Shy Hawk
June 8th, 2001, 02:23 AM
I like a lot of concepts of Toaism. There are many great points to ponder.
As far as energies...you shouldn't feel limited by calling a Goddess or God, because of gender. You're right...nothing is black and white...no one is completely this or that. That is the beauty of it....our Gods are as men. We can identify with them, they are like us...but more.
Your path is your business really, I'm not preaching at all...in fact, I have really forgotten what I was going to say...ah, it is too late to make sense, it is 2:30 AM. Tsk tsk.
Shy Hawk

Methanespirit
June 9th, 2001, 08:25 AM
I can only speak Astrologically, that men with a strong Yin (feminine)-type personality have the Moon angular at birth, mostly noticeable when on the Ascendant or the Midheaven. This arragement allows for empathy, sensitiveness, and emotionalism, (whether expressed or not), and generally a soft, pliable nature, and this to a lesser degree if the Moon is in Sidereal (constellation) of Aquarius. They usually have a love for nature, gardens, pets, and are truely interested people's welfare. Sometimes they will express their virtues through sciences, studies of various sorts, and arts, such as classical music and theatre. Women with an anglar Moon are ultimately gentle and very feminine in nature, and speaking as a man, are usually a pleasure to be in the comapny with.